• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hilux Break Conversion

bhanu128

Question

4 answers to this question

i think most of you would agree the breaks in 2nd gen hilux are not the best..so it possible to convert the rear break to disk?

any help advice.tip etc are welcome...

By second generation you mean the 1980's LN85? Personally speaking, I have a 1993 LN106 and have always felt that the standard brakes were damn good for a pickup truck, have served me well on more than one occasion.

By second generation you mean the 1980's LN85? Personally speaking, I have a 1993 LN106 and have always felt that the standard brakes were damn good for a pickup truck, have served me well on more than one occasion.

I had a toyota LN96 (Made in 1985) around 10years back. The break system was a single line meaning one pipe coming out of the brake pump and with a T joint it distributes to front and rear. I bought a used booster and pump od same size from a used shop and replaced. The new pump contained two lines and I transformed the available pipes of cab in to two lines. The brakes were perfect after that.