• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Frequency Of Fuel Injector Cleaning

mudi269

Question

5 answers to this question

Dear All,

What is the frequency of cleaning the injectors ? Is there any frequency(milage) as such or we have to clean when fuel consumption is low ?

Thank you in advance.

Machan, I dont think there is a specific time frame, It totally depends on the fuel quality.

I drive 1500Km's per month (avg). And I check and clean my fuel injectors once a year using a machine with injector cleaner liquid. Some uses a ultrasonic cleaning machines and most places they have simple pulsators to power up the injectors.

Yup, there isn't a proper milage as such as Corolla121 says. I do an injector clean up every 15-20 thousand km's. most people stick to once a year and or 25000 km's. It also depends on how good your petrol is.. as in from where you pump it and whether its filtered well. I reccomend general IOC and Laugh's petrol sheds. thats where we've been pumping for 2 years now and the petrol is really good so far *touchwood* :rolleyes: and a spark plug change at every 10,000 km's should keep your engine running pretty smoothly :)

Edited by virensti

Yup, there isn't a proper milage as such as Corolla121 says. I do an injector clean up every 15-20 thousand km's. most people stick to once a year and or 25000 km's. It also depends on how good your petrol is.. as in from where you pump it and whether its filtered well. I reccomend general IOC and Laugh's petrol sheds. thats where we've been pumping for 2 years now and the petrol is really good so far *touchwood* :rolleyes: and a spark plug change at every 10,000 km's should keep your engine running pretty smoothly :)

Suggestion:

Changing spark plugs at every 10,000 is too early i guess. Since you can check 'em by removing it easilly, i suggest that it depends on the condition of the plug, not by Km's. In my car, its nearly 35000Km's and still working good.

Edited by Corolla121

You mean Standard Copper ones? with Iridium s you can run up to 75,000 Kms. but you need to check them at least every 15,000 Km.

You mean Standard Copper ones? with Iridium s you can run up to 75,000 Kms. but you need to check them at least every 15,000 Km.

yeah but standard copper's can go up to 15000 km's without a prob. and some people run it up to about 20,000. Iridiums. well it all depends. i think its a bit over rated. I mean if you compare the iridium plugs of a car thats constantly kept above 4-5 K RPM's and a iridiums of a car thats driven normally 2-3 K then I'm pretty sure there will be a difference. I say if you change iridiums in 35-40 K Km's its fine.. If they're still good, run em longer. :)