• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Select ???

kumaras

Question

Hi friends,

Im considering to change my car(EK 3) and go for kind of SUV for limited budget (2.1 Mn max).main reason being the roads I usually travel.(Except that Im OK with the car and Feeling nostalgic to leave my loving car <_< )

So,I m in a dilemma to select 1 among following- serched ones and all your valuable advises (as usual) is greately appreciated.

1. Honda HRV

2.Pajero IO

3.Suzuki -Escudo/Vitara

All above are 99/00 models and HRV is bit pricy compared to others.I 've been offered some IO (99) for 1.9 but heared there are some injector issues in GDI vehicles.Love to have a Honda one again but do not know much abt SUVs.

Pls help me out ?

11 answers to this question

Go for A HRV.It has good handling and performance.When driving an HRV U feel like u r driving a sportscar.

:D :D :D

Dunno about the sports car part but even the suzi is not a bad choice...

especially considering your budget...

A friend of mine bought the short wheel base and he has absolutely no complaints... :)

my next change too will be in that direction and i'm trying my best to convince missus to go for a hilux or a patrol... If all fails probably a suzi cos it's more like car when compared to the other two :)

good luck!

Mate go for a manual HRV. Automatic gear box some time gives problem of HRV.

Definetly you will enjoy driving also economical.

Suzuki is very bad on fuel other wise it is a good suv.

It will b economical+Fun to drive.Ive also heard that There are problems with HRV auto

Hi Don,

What U mean by niggling problems , is it same for HRV aswell ?

no...the HRV's peoblem is the cvt gearbox as someone has pointed out already...there was a mass recall by honda to rectify this if i remember correctly..one automatic HRV owner confided in me that there was a loud noise when accelarating off...later we found out the fault was with the "start clutch" in the cvt gearbox( http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/used/ho...reviews/23660-3 )...but most of the vehicles on the road should have rectified this problem by now...

Mate go for a manual HRV. Automatic gear box some time gives problem of HRV.

Definetly you will enjoy driving also economical.

Suzuki is very bad on fuel other wise it is a good suv.

errrrrrr are you saying the Suzi is lot worse than the HRV?

rough fuel figures for both in your opinion??

my buddy's Vitara is supposedly very good on fuel... i can check up with him over the weekend and try to get some figures....