• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Goes Fast While Steering

LolithaB

I have a Nissan FB14 Lucino. I got an engine tune-up done (not from an expert) lately since then the idling speed fluctuates quite often. Now it almost always come to around 700revs/min but my worry is once i steer, the engines revs up a bit. Plus the fuel consumption is too bad being around 7.5km/l. Kindly post some advices. Thanx.

Idle hunt, high gas consumption indicates you need a good tune-up.

The revvs increase when steering isn't a fault.If thats significuntly high is a problem.Correct me if im wrong.The ECU/Power steering set-up is such,needs revv up during column moves.A good tune-up or maybe few sensor clean-ups or replacements will sort-out your case.

MINIACE

You should be able to see some small vacuum tubes near the throttle body. Make sure that those tubes are not damaged or have any rips on them. Not too sure about your car but on most, there is a VSV valve that opens to bypass the throttle body to keep your engine from dying when PS pump is under load. If one of those tubes or the VSV valve is damaged, it could introduce more air than necessary when the throttle up is activated.

• 5 months later...
Idle hunt, high gas consumption indicates you need a good tune-up.

The revvs increase when steering isn't a fault.If thats significuntly high is a problem.Correct me if im wrong.The ECU/Power steering set-up is such,needs revv up during column moves.A good tune-up or maybe few sensor clean-ups or replacements will sort-out your case.

MINIACE

I'm experiencing quite the opposite of this.. Idle just drops badly when i fully steer to the right or left in a stationery position. It actually stalled once. Would a tune up help in this case as well? Car is a nissan pulsar FN15.

cheers