• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Annoying Engine Fault

mfj

Question: 2001 Mazda Familia BJ5P mileage 105,000: My Mazda has developed a really annoying engine fault. When I start in the morning it's fine, but after driving a while and stop for around 1 hr and try to re-start the whole car Vibrates, the check light came on too ( Btw, this does not happen all the while :) ). I sent it to the Garage that i usually send my car they did a scan and said that all sensors were fine. ( They checked all the wires and said everything was ok. But the issue happened again, this time I sent it to Mazna, he too checked and said all was ok and did a engine tune up for me, ( he wanted me to come to him if it occurred again ). The problem happened on Saturday again and the engine check light came on when this happens the car does not pull for around 1/2 Km then it get's back to normal. But on Sunday morning when I started the car there was no issue, drove the car the whole day without any problem ( even the engine check light went off :) ).

Hope I made sense, would really appreciate some suggestions on this

Seems like engine starvation.. either fuel, or current to the plugs (ignition coil failure).. but can't be sure.. I suggest you take it back for checking. As you know, the same symptoms can show for multiple causes..

when this happens, If you were to put your foot down hard on the gas, does the engine rev up....?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies,

Bugatti,

when this happens, If you were to put your foot down hard on the gas, does the engine rev up....?

To be honest with you, i did not have a look, but i know the car does not pull. This happened to me at Fingara, kept driving to show it to Mazna, but half way through it was back to normal. So, when I stopped to show there was no issue. If I remember right ( Lalith mentioned about "ignition coil failure").

Rusaln,

What is a CAT?

MkX,

Thanks for the sugsstion

This kind of thing happen with any system failure/issue that cause irregular fuel injection/burn/etc.

I faced similar issue once when i ran till last few litres of fuel. some deposits came has blocked injectors. Issue came only around 1000 rpm or below. After cleaning it was ok.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies,

Bugatti,

To be honest with you, i did not have a look, but i know the car does not pull. This happened to me at Fingara, kept driving to show it to Mazna, but half way through it was back to normal. So, when I stopped to show there was no issue. If I remember right ( Lalith mentioned about "ignition coil failure").

Rusaln,

What is a CAT?

MkX,

Thanks for the sugsstion

There is a 90% chance it is your Ignition Coils.. (If you are still running the factory fitted units) Have them checked... you might have to leave the car till the engine cools off, and then hook up the diagnostic device and start it up..

That furry little 4 legged mammal that always fall down on its 4 feet. Also called p***y. :angry-smiley-048:

Prob is very strange, even if its da ignition how come it comes on n off. Is it a loose connection???

When I had my ignition coil issue, it was random... the same symptoms come by even for a faulty Knock sensor.

I had an issue last night, where I had to break hard on seeing a hump at the last minute, when this happened the the engine started vibrating and the car was not pulling, checked the RPM it was going up when accelerating.

Today, when i started in the morning I had no issue, took it to the garage but no issues, wanted me to bring the car when this happens.

I had an issue last night, where I had to break hard on seeing a hump at the last minute, when this happened the the engine started vibrating and the car was not pulling, checked the RPM it was going up when accelerating.

Today, when i started in the morning I had no issue, took it to the garage but no issues, wanted me to bring the car when this happens.

If its an Auto- It could be the revolution sensor

If its an Auto- It could be the revolution sensor

well this happened to me recently in my mazda 323 and got the two ignition coils changed brand new original from lalith 26k. car is ok now. i think its the ignition coils.

Hi Ajwad,

I have PM'd you my contact no, please do call me or PM me your contact Info.

I sent the car to M**n*, he did a tune up gave me the vehicle, I drove to Kandy with no issues. But got the problem again and had to go to M** C**y the guy there did a scan and said it was the ignition coils, they did not have the parts and asked me to get it done in CMB, drove down with no issues, but got it today. Will have to send the car tomorrow.

Thanks guys for the helpful tips posted.

Hi Ajwad,

I have PM'd you my contact no, please do call me or PM me your contact Info.

I sent the car to M**n*, he did a tune up gave me the vehicle, I drove to Kandy with no issues. But got the problem again and had to go to M** C**y the guy there did a scan and said it was the ignition coils, they did not have the parts and asked me to get it done in CMB, drove down with no issues, but got it today. Will have to send the car tomorrow.

Thanks guys for the helpful tips posted.

lalith has both orignal and genuin ignition coils. they look the same but i think ts better to go for the original one. 13k each. my mobile is 0777353911