• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shell Or Mobil ?

ferrarif50

Question

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i wanted to change my engine oil but couldn't find Mobil (which i was using). it was out of the stocks at 2-3 places i looked.

so, decided to go with Shell Helix.

wanted to know how many of the members here using Shell for their vehicles and good/ bad points comparing it with mobil ?

thanks,

7 answers to this question

Shell Helix Ultra here too. Its what my car consultant recommended. And since he sold me the car, I thought I'd stick to it :)

I used Mobil 1 once. Turned black very fast, like within two weeks. There was a theory that this one cleans more and that it turned black when the deposits came loose. But I went back to Shell within the month. (Changed it since it was black, didn't wanna wait for scheduled changes). I might try the racing at the next change, I feel the pressure drops too much when the oil heats to normal operating levels.

Shell Helix Ultra here too. Its what my car consultant recommended. And since he sold me the car, I thought I'd stick to it :)

I used Mobil 1 once. Turned black very fast, like within two weeks. There was a theory that this one cleans more and that it turned black when the deposits came loose. But I went back to Shell within the month. (Changed it since it was black, didn't wanna wait for scheduled changes). I might try the racing at the next change, I feel the pressure drops too much when the oil heats to normal operating levels.

I switched to Mobil soon after i did an overhaul, and yes it too did turn black within i think three weeks or so... probably we could rule out the cleaning agent of the lubricant??? cuz my engine was good as new when we put it back together.. good info though

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i wanted to change my engine oil but couldn't find Mobil (which i was using). it was out of the stocks at 2-3 places i looked.

so, decided to go with Shell Helix.

wanted to know how many of the members here using Shell for their vehicles and good/ bad points comparing it with mobil ?

thanks,

Whats your car... Make/Model..?

I hear that certain Mobil Oils don't work with some engines.