• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Victa

chams_mini

Hi Guys....

Trust you would share your ideas with me...

The topic says it all.

Is this a good jeep?

I heard it's a 2.5L diesel turbo?

Whats market price and how reliable is it?

D*MO is the agent i guess......

Tata Victa is the upmarket version of the Tata Sumo Police jeep. Though I have never driven a Victa, (in a Motor show) when I sat on the driver's seat, it felt like that of a commercial vehicle. Ergonomics were poor. Interior plastic quality worse than a Maruti. However at that time (2007) it was the cheapest Brand- New Diesel Jeep in Sri Lanka (Rs. 3 Million).

The following links will show you the pros and cons of the Tata Victa (in the Indian context, though).

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/RoadTestDetails.asp?ID=1021

http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.php?categoryid=3

Brand - choose "Tata", Model - choose "Sumo" ,Then click SEARCH.

Edited by samishka

what do you mean a Jeep???

that stupid thing doesnt even have a 4wd. its just a people carrier that has dynamics worse than a truck's

Sorry, I usually call vehicles of this particular shape (even a Honda HR-V) as jeep.

Also I would like to correct it in my previous post as "jeep" (the generic term and not the Chrysler trademark "Jeep").

By the way it seems that the only instance this Tata can be called a jeep is when referring to a Tata Sumo police jeep. :D