• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N 16 Range - Fuel Consumption

DVT

Question

Can someone help me out with this please......

Is N16 Ex saloon better than N 16 Super saloon in terms of fuel economy ?

Where does sylphy (2001) fit in this analysis?

tHANKS

Its the same Q series engine. 1.5 litre. N16 is not famous for its fuel economy.

Sylphy has a 1.8 engine.

We had one and I hated every Km I drove in it. I did all I could to fix the guzzling issue, including the sensor replacement. Nothing helped. I was lucky to get 8 in city driving.

Its the same Q series engine. 1.5 litre. N16 is not famous for its fuel economy.

Sylphy has a 1.8 engine.

We had one and I hated every Km I drove in it. I did all I could to fix the guzzling issue, including the sensor replacement. Nothing helped. I was lucky to get 8 in city driving.

yup, one of my friends has an N16 EX saloon, it gets just about 9 in colombo, and its power is next to nothing. lol horrible pickup, and handing is even worse. 1.5 engine 2002 model i think.. I'm guessing the super saloon will be more comfortable? :unsure: not sure though.

yup, one of my friends has an N16 EX saloon, it gets just about 9 in colombo, and its power is next to nothing. lol horrible pickup, and handing is even worse. 1.5 engine 2002 model i think.. I'm guessing the super saloon will be more comfortable? :unsure: not sure though.

This car was first brought in for the cops. Then UniLever gave them to their brand managers... then the fad picked up. People have now realised that it is not the best Nissan around. In fact, it is plain horrible. Once we went to Bandarawela in it and we had to fill up the tank TWICE!!!!!! I went to Hambanthota and came back in the P11 with 4 adults with 20% of the tank still left.

Thanks guys for your inputs.

I really appreciate it.

Seems I will have to rethink of my buying options.

My budget is about 1.9 mn.

I need a car that is good in fuel economy, beauty and can be sold without a much effort.

I would like to go for a toyota then .

What is the next car I should be thinking of if I can streach the budget little above 2mn.(I don't like my road )

You think VIOS is out of my budget. By the way how is VIOS fuel economy.

Thanks again

I really appreciate it.

I need a car that is good in fuel economy, beauty and can be sold without a much effort.

What is the next car I should be thinking of if I can streach the budget little above 2mn.(I don't like my road )

Thanks again

how about a ek3 vi RS 2000 model?

I really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Why not try the FB15? that seems a more popular one than the N16... and a slightly higher grade than the Vios as well...

how about a ek3 vi RS 2000 model?

To be honest I don't know much about honda all what I know is what my friends say about Honda cars.

That is ...Honday is execellent at its performance but expensive to maintain and will take months if you want to sell.

(Honda lovers ..pls excuse me that is what I have herad)

I am OK with higher maintainance cost but a bit waorried of the selling part.

Apprecited if you could advise me.

thanks

To be honest I don't know much about honda all what I know is what my friends say about Honda cars.

That is ...Honday is execellent at its performance but expensive to maintain and will take months if you want to sell.

(Honda lovers ..pls excuse me that is what I have herad)

I am OK with higher maintainance cost but a bit waorried of the selling part.

Apprecited if you could advise me.

thanks

agree with you on the maintanance aspect. my one met with an accident and the two driver side doors were quite expensive as per the insurance company. and i felt the same when i changed the front suspension recently.

but selling a honda these days is i think a matter of a day or two. not even a day in certain cases. i remember i missed so many hondas when i was looking to buy a one few months back since most of them have taken away on the very first day of advertising. this is what i came across. open for comments....

Hi Guys

In terms of fuel consumption, I dont think the FB15 is a good option either. It also rarely does more than 10km/liter in colombo. As far as I am concerned the figure is 9 km/l.

FB15 suspension is pretty owful and it is very common that you have to replace the shocks every year. It is also well known for its sensor problem.

On the good side, you can find spare parts easily and they are not that expensive as well.

Comparing FB15 with VIOS, I think Vios is a much better car compared to FB15 on my own experiace.

I am having a vios now and my previous car was FB15. Vios is pretty good on fuel compared to FB15 and much smoother suspension as well

Cheers

I really appreciate it.

Thanks again

yup mate, N16 (Sad to say) is not a good car considering most factors. :(

hmm vios.. doubt you'll be able to get any under 2.3-2.4 millionish... just try your luck around. and how it does on fuel has a lot of factors, least of which is your driving style.. lol, a fully functioning properly maintained vios auto or manual should get you 11-12 in colombo and about 14-15ish out station.. the comfort of the vios is not great though, the n16 is more comfortable. back on the price though, you MIGHT be able to get one for about 2 mil, if its done quite abit on the clock perhaps? If its done about 150-160k on the clock, shouldn't be too expensive? not sure though. Try some cab companies maybe :unsure:

Edited by virensti

Guyz hw bout honda fit aria? I duno no mch abt t.Bt i hv hrd t doz gud on fuel..Hw abt d maitainace?I dnt thnk reselin wnt b a big issu cz i notizd dz days fit arias r disapearing 4m car sales witin 2 o 3 days.Hop t'd fix our mates budjet also..Bt z dat a gud car? Z dat 7 sped triptonic gear box givn troubles?

Ive heard that its a good car.Anyway the Multimatic Gearbox must be maintained properly(change the Oil at the correct mileage).At high speeds it feels little bit unsteady(above 110kmph).It has a good Pickup and its fuel efficient (does about 13kmpl in City).I dont like its shape <_<.

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

I really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Take this also in to account;

FB15, Bluebird sylphy, Allion, Corolla - Made in Japan,

N16, Vios - Imported from Singapore (Not Japanese do not know the country of mfg)

It is proven that although Vios contain the same engine it ts not fuel efficient as Corolla & Allion (domestic models)

Open for discussion.

:violent-smiley-030:

Not sure where you heard this, but that's the first I've ever heard of that. Any friends of mine who had Honda's found selling them a breeze. Also, if you don't mess about with them too much, I doubt you'll have more than the regular maintenance work to do on them, and that wouldn't be much different from any other Japanese car in the same range.

Not sure where you heard this, but that's the first I've ever heard of that. Any friends of mine who had Honda's found selling them a breeze. Also, if you don't mess about with them too much, I doubt you'll have more than the regular maintenance work to do on them, and that wouldn't be much different from any other Japanese car in the same range.

Agree with what you say after doing a bit of reserach by myself where I checked about eight ES8 that were put in the paper for sale , during last 2-3 weeks.

All gone.

Apprecite your comments.

It is proven that although Vios contain the same engine it ts not fuel efficient as Corolla & Allion (domestic models)

Open for discussion.

:violent-smiley-030:

well.. I know the Corolla is said to get some extreme figures. But deffinitly not the Allion. The vios gets 12 km/l in colombo. A properly kept one. corolla's also get around the same. anything higher is only outstation or rubbish. allions a big car heavier than the vios and corolla. so the 1.5 of that is not that economical.

I say the vios gets 12 km/l cause alot of the vios's have a problem with the vvt unit. I know mine, and 4 other vios's which i saw, all had stuck vvt-i units. (Due to sludge) yes my engine didn't have sludge, but the unit did (i'm assuming because the engine was cleaned out in singapore but not the unit) which is why ppl say it gets only 8-9 km/l. so alot of these vios's have this problem, specially the ones that come from singapore, vios's need to have its oil changed at 3000 km's ( i know its extreme but its better safe than sorry) the corolla's do have the same engine so the economy's are similer, if not, the vios should do better, cause its such a light car, and the manual has so much torque you can shift constantly under 2000rpm.

I know you say its been "Proven" but its also been proven that the corolla is said to have a very exaggerated fuel economy range. Some ppl say it gets 15-16 km/l in Colombo. so yeah best thing to do is getting a very well maintained vios and corolla and see how much the economy is.

Edited by virensti

well.. I know the Corolla is said to get some extreme figures. But deffinitly not the Allion. The vios gets 12 km/l in colombo. A properly kept one. corolla's also get around the same. anything higher is only outstation or rubbish. allions a big car heavier than the vios and corolla. so the 1.5 of that is not that economical.

I say the vios gets 12 km/l cause alot of the vios's have a problem with the vvt unit. I know mine, and 4 other vios's which i saw, all had stuck vvt-i units. (Due to sludge) yes my engine didn't have sludge, but the unit did (i'm assuming because the engine was cleaned out in singapore but not the unit) which is why ppl say it gets only 8-9 km/l. so alot of these vios's have this problem, specially the ones that come from singapore, vios's need to have its oil changed at 3000 km's ( i know its extreme but its better safe than sorry) the corolla's do have the same engine so the economy's are similer, if not, the vios should do better, cause its such a light car, and the manual has so much torque you can shift constantly under 2000rpm.

I know you say its been "Proven" but its also been proven that the corolla is said to have a very exaggerated fuel economy range. Some ppl say it gets 15-16 km/l in Colombo. so yeah best thing to do is getting a very well maintained vios and corolla and see how much the economy is.

virensti... How we can diangonse mulfunctions in the VVT-i system????

virensti... How we can diangonse mulfunctions in the VVT-i system????

There are various ways, my unit was stuck in the retard position, so there was a sulphur like smell that used to come from the exhaust pipe whenever you rev it up. And the guy who checked my car said from the sound that it was stuck. So yeah took the tappet cover out and suprise suprise, engine superb, no a drop of sludge or anything, the cam's were nice and shining (big relief to me) butt, vvt unit was just dry no oil on it at all, so we removed it, and sludge behold. inside the unit! <_< so using thinner cleaned it out completely.

Probably it should pop a Error code (Associated with VVT-i Controller) when scanned with a Diagnostic scanner.

yup sometimes your CEL can come on and apon scanning it'll say a vvt malfunction. But not all the time, my CEL didn't come on. But the unit was stuck.

This is when we removed the tappet cover (note the vvt unit is the one thats got like a reddish look to it, thats cause it was dry! no oil at all!)

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7905/0707091022.jpg

and this is the unit removed and cleaned (its on a peice of paper.)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8770/0707092044.jpg

There are various ways, my unit was stuck in the retard position, so there was a sulphur like smell that used to come from the exhaust pipe whenever you rev it up. And the guy who checked my car said from the sound that it was stuck. So yeah took the tappet cover out and suprise suprise, engine superb, no a drop of sludge or anything, the cam's were nice and shining (big relief to me) butt, vvt unit was just dry no oil on it at all, so we removed it, and sludge behold. inside the unit! <_< so using thinner cleaned it out completely.

yup sometimes your CEL can come on and apon scanning it'll say a vvt malfunction. But not all the time, my CEL didn't come on. But the unit was stuck.

This is when we removed the tappet cover (note the vvt unit is the one thats got like a reddish look to it, thats cause it was dry! no oil at all!)

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7905/0707091022.jpg

and this is the unit removed and cleaned (its on a peice of paper.)

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8770/0707092044.jpg

Very impressive! From where did you get your car checked? How much did it cost to get the job done?