• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw 5 Series Or And E Class

dizazta

The mid luxary range choice  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 5 Series or E class

• 5 Series
    • E class

mmm..... there is no one else for E class then.. :alc:

hehe don't worry man there will be more, and especially in SL ppl seem to like Mercs more than BMW's on average I think. For me its just that I've never been a merc fan, been drawn to BMW's more :alc:

Very hard question, but when it comes to the E55AMG not even the 550i can beat it in performance or comfort. Only problem is that the E55AMG costs $24400 more than the 550i.

550i-4.8L 360hp V8

E55AMG- 5.4L 469hp V8

If you're comparing a BMW with the E55 shouldn't you be looking at the M5 instead?? The 550 after all, is just a 5 series...the M5 has had some serious tuning done to it, just like the E55.

Whether it be an M5 compared to a E55 or an ordinary 5 series compared to an E Class I'd always go for the bimmer. Haven't driven either of these new models, but in general BMWs are a lot more fun to drive. Mercs may be comfortable..but they're a much softer, uninvolved driving experience.

oops i totally forgot about the M5 :D

BMW M5- V10 500 bhp

0-62mph- 4.5 s

top speed- 155mph

Merc E55AMG

0-60mph-4.3s

top speed 155mph

The M5 is more powerful, and they both have the same top speed, but the merc is better in acceleration. SO i still stand by my choice cos the merc combines both luxury and performance, and it looks dignified.

oops i totally forgot about the M5 :D

BMW M5- V10 500 bhp

0-62mph- 4.5 s

top speed- 155mph

Merc E55AMG

0-60mph-4.3s

top speed 155mph

The M5 is more powerful, and they both have the same top speed, but the merc is better in acceleration. SO i still stand by my choice cos the merc combines both luxury and performance, and it looks dignified.

lol..if you want to get all technical the merc does 0-60 in 4.3 and the bimmer does 0-62 in 4.5 according to your stats! so the 5 might actually be closer to 4.3 or quicker to 60! But whatever..they're both great cars. Was this thread started for a specific reason?? It's like asking who's better..Jesus or Lord Buddha...your answer would depend on which religion you believe in! And in this case I'm a devout worshipper of the BMW gods!

and p.s.- driving pleasure isn't the same as acceleration. In general, the BMWs I've driven have been more enjoyable than the Mercs I've driven. Having said that, given that I haven't driven either of these 2 particular cars I don't have much else to go by other than my previous experiences with the manufacturers.

and p.s.- driving pleasure isn't the same as acceleration. In general, the BMWs I've driven have been more enjoyable than the Mercs I've driven. Having said that, given that I haven't driven either of these 2 particular cars I don't have much else to go by other than my previous experiences with the manufacturers.

amen to that...:D

besides its not like an M3 has a better 0-60 than a REX or EVO...but sum ppl wud still pick it over the latter even minus 2 doors and AWD...anyways no argument...the E is stil a nice car n i wudnt turn my back against it

Edited by sharkster

lol..if you want to get all technical the merc does 0-60 in 4.3 and the bimmer does 0-62 in 4.5 according to your stats! so the 5 might actually be closer to 4.3 or quicker to 60! But whatever..they're both great cars. Was this thread started for a specific reason?? It's like asking who's better..Jesus or Lord Buddha...your answer would depend on which religion you believe in! And in this case I'm a devout worshipper of the BMW gods!

Totally agree. Standard or supercharged its BMW for me too.

new M5, insane..

is it only the CSL thats faster or the standard M3 as well?i thot the newer evo's n sti's were around 4.5secs

the m3 and the CSL 0-60 times are the same but the CSL does 10.9 for 0-100 and the m3 11.5

4.5 for the evo would be for the FQ360 in the 9, they did away with the FQ400. Sti well maybe the Spec C type RA might come close but the 2.5l STi is a disappointing 5.1, machan these are the europian and the rest of the world specs. may be the JDM's are faster. :D

the m3 and the CSL 0-60 times are the same but the CSL does 10.9 for 0-100 and the m3 11.5

4.5 for the evo would be for the FQ360 in the 9, they did away with the FQ400. Sti well maybe the Spec C type RA might come close but the 2.5l STi is a disappointing 5.1, machan these are the europian and the rest of the world specs. may be the JDM's are faster. :D

yea i figured those were euro specs...i mustv heard d figures frm ppl runnin STi's n Evo's here...:D