• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me On My First Buy

Thanushka

Hi Guys,

I was passed out on last month and now I’m looking to buy my first ride. But unfortunately due to financial problems, my budget is limited to 6.5 lacks.

I have found that Mazda familia and Ford laser in 91-93 era are within my budget. Are they good reliable cars?

And also I got an 95 Opel Astra for 7. What are the pros and cons in Opel Astra.

Basically I’m looking for a daily runner with good fuel economy. I’m hoping to use her for abt 3-5 years.

And what are the other options within my budget which suites my requirements.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I was passed out on last month and now I’m looking to buy my first ride. But unfortunately due to financial problems, my budget is limited to 6.5 lacks.

I have found that Mazda familia and Ford laser in 91-93 era are within my budget. Are they good reliable cars?

And also I got an 95 Opel Astra for 7. What are the pros and cons in Opel Astra.

Basically I’m looking for a daily runner with good fuel economy. I’m hoping to use her for abt 3-5 years.

Thanks in advance.

mate...stay away from opel. and Mazda is a good buy for that range. also look for the corolla ae91. i think its liitle above your budget. but very good choice if you can go for it.

mate...stay away from opel. and Mazda is a good buy for that range. also look for the corolla ae91. i think its liitle above your budget. but very good choice if you can go for it.

Hi,

Why did U say like that? Is'nt Opel astra a good car?

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

If Mazda, gun for an Interplay.. GuruG would comment further. The Ford also is good, but haven't seen many of them lately.

If Mazda, gun for an Interplay.. GuruG would comment further. The Ford also is good, but haven't seen many of them lately.

i doubt whether he can go for a interpaly for his budget. otherwise its a good buy.

Hi,

What is the differance between Interplay and 323. Bith have the same body isn't it?(323 in 91-92 era) R there and differance in the engine?

He could Go for a Mazda 323 Interplay.Prices of Astinas are little bit High these days

If he can spend another lack he could go for a Grand civic

I would like to go for Mazda Interplay. Bt not sure whether it is within my price range. And I also like to know whether it is a reliable car.

And availability of the spare parts too. And most of the car's have 100k + in clock. So what are the things I should look for when selecting a one.

And also again, what is the difference in Mazda 323 and Interplay?

Edited by Thanushka

I would like to go for Mazda Interplay. Bt not sure whether it is within my price range. And I also like to know whether it is a reliable car.

And availability of the spare parts too. And most of the car's have 100k + in clock. So what are the things I should look for when selecting a one.

And also again, what is the difference in Mazda 323 and Interplay?

Im not a Mazda expert.there are some changes in the Body of the Interplay(front Bumper,spoiler) correct me if im wrong.And dude I doubt that U will be able to get a car that has a not passed the 3 figure mark for that Price.

check for Rust under the Mudguards,doors,Boot,Engine compartment.Also get the Engine checked by a good mechanic.

Machan try to go for a Grand civic ... or a Astina ! u cn get those arround 7 lacks ....... and plz dnt for ny Opel .. u'll have to keep it 4ever ..... :angry-smiley-002:

Machan does Astina a good Car? Is there any problem in finding the spare parts?

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

My advise is as follows

No 1. Toyota

No 2. Nissan

No 3. Mitsubishi

Newer go for anything else. You should remind that you have to maintain the car and when you need to sell it should be re-sell-able easily. For example try to find oil filter for the said models before purchasing you will feel the difference.

My advise is as follows

No 1. Toyota

No 2. Nissan

No 3. Mitsubishi

Newer go for anything else. You should remind that you have to maintain the car and when you need to sell it should be re-sell-able easily. For example try to find oil filter for the said models before purchasing you will feel the difference.

Y do you Say never go for anything else?

Whats wrong with other brands?

My advise is as follows

No 1. Toyota

No 2. Nissan

No 3. Mitsubishi

Change ya attitude machan..

Go for Honda or Mazda.. get rid of these corollas, sunnys and lancers.

Mazdas have always been good cars, they're just victims of baseless local dogma. Of course that all miraculously changed when the new 3 and 6 came out. Interplay or not, if you find one in good enough condition, you've got a fairly solid car. Be wary of the autos though, my Dad's company car was a Familia with a slushbox, and 13 years ago it was a fairly new (and current I think) car, but the ride was never smooth due to way the thing always shifted gears.

Change ya attitude machan..

Go for Honda or Mazda.. get rid of these corollas, sunnys and lancers.

Change YOUR attitude man. Why bother with the effort of looking for a good example of a Honda? Most have been used hard and or modified in some way. You need to get real lucky to find one thats been gently used. Because all of you guys who want one want it for the "performance" and that doesn't mean driving gently to work and back.