• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me On My First Buy

Thanushka

correction- ek3 is only 1080kgs.

ya...my Vi is 1080.

no mate, i'm talking about the 2004 civic 1.5 EXI. I dunno how else to explain it lol. its a black car, and its 1150 kg's. Yours must be a different version. This one very clearly states 1150 KG's on the revenue license. And the Corolla weighs 1080kg's. (and vios is only 1030KG's :rolleyes: ) lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not really mate. The 03 corolla 1.5 vvt vs the 04 civic 1.5 exi (please note I said NON v-tech) I've seen the corolla race a civic off the lights and the corolla was about a car length in front. and also, I say this cause the corolla is 1080 kg's and the civic is 1150 kg's. so power to weight is also in favour of the corolla.

so even if the civic guy I saw had a poor start, I maintain the corolla can beat the civic on power and speed.

Thats it? aint much of a fair comparison.. and just based on some single dangerous street run from the traffic lights.. so many factors to consider- condition of the cars,both are made for different markets, drivers, fuel, gear box variety etc etc thats why I say you cant just denounce that one is quicker than the other. Which is why car mags and tv shows do tests to give their audiences the more accurate picture. This not about brands and loyalty- just practicality.

this discussion is not helping the topic starter i guess.. sorry

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Once was driving from Kalutara to Colombo. At somewhere before Moratuwa town, I was doing around maybe 100-110. Had jsut overtaken a Carina and was feeling a bit cocky. So a gold Fit Aria coming up behind me on my left, and he just kept going past me.. he was just cruising...