• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slardar Sigirya Rallycross 2009

Ripper

sigiriya.th.jpg

next up on the racing calendar.... Any AL folks racing this time around too?

suppose fuzzo, mivec.turbo will be there for sure :) KLM too maybe? :)

Want try to go there if there's a good chance to take a few piccies :) and yeah... hopefully see a tough battle between the Evos :D

Edited by Ripper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I HATE copyright violators. Bloody thieves have stolen my image!

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p57664959.html

Lotsa very family UNfriendly thoughts running thru my mind right now. The least of which is that they are using pictures from another race!

oh crap! got that one off SLARDAR website itself and the pic was eerry similar to the pics off foxhill track...

since i've not been to sigiriya wasn't 100% sure...

the weird thing is that last time when i was at katu, SLARDAR had their own pro snappers... at least that's what i heard from the other folks who were shooting..

so back on topic... is anybody in for the races????

Madz or Preveen, mchan cn i have some autolanka stickers before the race..? or you cn give it to me on the practice day at the track.

i will not be taking part in this one...

the track looks quite interesting though..

saw a vid in KLM's FB page of a guy running the entire track... looks like fun :)

peri

are you down for the races???

dropper a note to sharkster and DD also on the races...

so far no response!

Madz or Preveen, mchan cn i have some autolanka stickers before the race..? or you cn give it to me on the practice day at the track.

Have to be Madz. I do have one sticker left over tho I don't know if thats the ones Madz would use.

peri

are you down for the races???

dropper a note to sharkster and DD also on the races...

so far no response!

No dude. Simply no budget these days, lotsa wallet sapping activity.

No dude. Simply no budget these days, lotsa wallet sapping activity.

ha ha ha

ditto that mate :(

i'm only getting back to SL the day before the races, so still wondering whether it's worth the drive all the way there...

God I HATE copyright violators. Bloody thieves have stolen my image!

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p57664959.html

Lotsa very family UNfriendly thoughts running thru my mind right now. The least of which is that they are using pictures from another race!

I have no words for this...simply very very very unprofessional!!

On top of that this particular motor sports club dose not issue official media passes for us even tho we have been contributing to SL motor sports for so many years in the past. In-order to cover their events most of the time we had to buy tickets or else get pit passes from our fellow riders.

And the least they could do is to steal our photos and post them in their official web site.

damn_it I will definitely give you stickers this time...please let me know the maximum width so that I can get it printed accordingly. Please send PM/email your office or home address and your mobile number, I will personally deliver it to you before the race. I’m really sorry about last time. The sticker will look like my signature pic (without the SL flag).

Thanks !

I have no words for this...simply very very very unprofessional!!

On top of that this particular motor sports club dose not issue official media passes for us even tho we have been contributing to SL motor sports for so many years in the past. In-order to cover their events most of the time we had to buy tickets or else get pit passes from our fellow riders.

And the least they could do is to steal our photos and post them in their official web site.

true! It aint easy to stand hours and hours in the hot sun waiting for that shot for it only to be stolen by another guy who hasn't done jack to deserve it...

If not for pit passes i too got for Katu, wouldn't had a chance in hell of capturing those shots i did that day...

which reminds me Madz, i still couldn't give you those pics i promised :) assume you never got the posted CD cos it didn't come up in AL galleries

Back on image theft...Is there anything we can do about this???

i bet collectively we must have some contact with SLARDAR yeah?

hell wasn't there like a separate forum section for them within AL?

true! It aint easy to stand hours and hours in the hot sun waiting for that shot for it only to be stolen by another guy who hasn't done jack to deserve it...

If not for pit passes i too got for Katu, wouldn't had a chance in hell of capturing those shots i did that day...

which reminds me Madz, i still couldn't give you those pics i promised :) assume you never got the posted CD cos it didn't come up in AL galleries

hay Ripper nope I didn't get that CD..I will drop in at your office when i come to Colombo next time. Pls PM your number buddy. Tx

Event No 19 Group SL-N Cars upto 8 - 10 Kg/hp 5 Laps

Comp:No: Name Vehicle

47 Purna Perera Suzuki Ignis

73 Shantha Suraweera Suzuki Swift

82 Dinesh Senanayake Suzuki Swift

74 Sanjaya Sedera Senarath Subaru

93 Pradeep Wijesiriwardena Subaru Legacy

36 Dinesh Senanayake Mazda Axela

46 Pasindu Peiris Honda EG-3

I'm (as expected) dead against photo thefts. So sick of it hapening over and over, have had no choice but to resort to watemarking them not just on the corner but dead smack in the middle. Its a good thing you (ripper) do it too...

I know people who steal it say "you should be proud to have your photograph published" but how would they like it if someone stole thier wallet and spent all your money on a nice meal at the Hilton and said " you should be proud that your money was spent at the hilton"

And Ripper, learnt my lesson from you at Katu. Got so sunburnt that my skin was burning by sunday night, after the 2 days of sunligt, forllowed by dry peeling skin a week later. Gonna be wearing long-sleaves next time i'm out for so long. Thats just 8 days from now; S'pore F1!!!!!

I'm (as expected) dead against photo thefts. So sick of it hapening over and over, have had no choice but to resort to watemarking them not just on the corner but dead smack in the middle. Its a good thing you (ripper) do it too...

I know people who steal it say "you should be proud to have your photograph published" but how would they like it if someone stole thier wallet and spent all your money on a nice meal at the Hilton and said " you should be proud that your money was spent at the hilton"

And Ripper, learnt my lesson from you at Katu. Got so sunburnt that my skin was burning by sunday night, after the 2 days of sunligt, forllowed by dry peeling skin a week later. Gonna be wearing long-sleaves next time i'm out for so long. Thats just 8 days from now; S'pore F1!!!!!

Your gonna put your lessons about getting sunburned to use at the Night race? :rolleyes::lol:

BTW, what of the support races? Porsche Cup and Aston Martin Asia Cup? :) Damn, wish I could have worked out something to be there...

Your gonna put your lessons about getting sunburned to use at the Night race? :rolleyes::lol:

BTW, what of the support races? Porsche Cup and Aston Martin Asia Cup? :) Damn, wish I could have worked out something to be there...

ouch! :lol:

anyways...while dilesh and devinda was not looking...moi was generously applying sun cream :D

missed the back of my neck so that's all that got burnt a bit... but yeah i was like dead beat tired for like 2 days and couldn't even walk properly after running up and down so much from spot to spot....

and about watermarks... yep

gotta be more aggro with watermarking... i've put far too high rez on flickr and that tiny water mark that takes only few seconds to stamp out in photoshop...

experimented with an embossed one that's a bit of a bitch to retouch out so most of my next somewhat decent pics will carry that

SL GT Entries for Sigiriya Rally Cross.

1. Udesh Wedisinghe

2. Kapila Jayasundara

3. Aravinda Premadasa

4. Carmen Thenuwara

5. Dinesh Deheragoda

6. Missaka Naveen

7. Pasindu Pieris

8. Manish Gunathilake

9. Janaka Dias

10. Reyaz Farook

11. Rizvi Farook

hmm Ashan is not in?

dammit!!!

Nice to see DD and Aravinda in action... i think so far DD is leading the championship with most amount of points with premadasa close behind,,, 5 points behind...

had aravinda didn't have to pull out at katu it would have been a shorter gap...

anyway... since DD is our man...and is a nice bloke... i want him to win :)

I say, these morally bankrupt SOBs seem to have re-designed their entire site using my images! The top banner consists of my pics from Foxhill, 3 of them. The entire Foxhill 2009 gallery has been stolen from the AL gallery! The Radella Hill climb pics have been stolen off AL. And having the bloody cheek to crop out the © notice and AL logos too!

Fuzzo, you got any contact for a SLARDAR official? This is just bloody rude. I spent a lotta time and my own money for traveling, accommodation, car passes, paddock passes etc, etc, and they use my pics for their publicity without any payment or even asking? Not to mentions standing in the sun, getting choked by dust and pelted by stones while getting those shots!.

I say, these morally bankrupt SOBs seem to have re-designed their entire site using my images! The top banner consists of my pics from Foxhill, 3 of them. The entire Foxhill 2009 gallery has been stolen from the AL gallery! The Radella Hill climb pics have been stolen off AL. And having the bloody cheek to crop out the © notice and AL logos too!

Fuzzo, you got any contact for a SLARDAR official? This is just bloody rude. I spent a lotta time and my own money for traveling, accommodation, car passes, paddock passes etc, etc, and they use my pics for their publicity without any payment or even asking? Not to mentions standing in the sun, getting choked by dust and pelted by stones while getting those shots!.

darn that sucks!!! :violent-smiley-099:

how about having a chat with Thishya and maybe sending them a nice letter :unsure:

This is really unprofessional of them.

They should get their own guys also to cover the events or get pics off other snappers the proper way...

after being to katu and covering one event, i know the hardwork that goes into it even if you leave alone the moolah you've busted on equipment...

Hey Peri/Madz- why dont you guys use the system sites like f1.com have?

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2009/818/special.html

where you cant cut and paste pics. Think it's on flash or something.. if it uses more memory, then limit the number of shots- really not worth roughing it out for these snakes to steal your work!

On the contrary, the Singapore sun is just as harsh as in Sri Lanka.. And the support races started around noon lats time around... so was up and walking (hardly sat down for half a hour) from like 11.00am till midnight.. so that one day in the sun still does burns :P So yeah, sunburn at S'pore F1 is possible Peri :P... btw, didnt you buy a F1 ticket already? What'd u do with it?

as the SLARDAR yeah that sucks. I think you and i had this watermarking conversation once some months ago....

And yeah, you should send some form of Letter of Demand.

If you take a look at the SLARDAR site they DO have their contact info you know... Anyway hope thsi goes well....

Hey Peri/Madz- why dont you guys use the system sites like f1.com have?

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2009/818/special.html

where you cant cut and paste pics. Think it's on flash or something.. if it uses more memory, then limit the number of shots- really not worth roughing it out for these snakes to steal your work!

i'm just poking my nose into this, but mate, you can take those pics even off f1.com by using screenshots right? I've taken a few off there website like that.