• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Help On Toyota Luxel

podilamaya

Hi

While I’m hunting for Toyota corolla 121 car, I came across a car called corolla Luxel ( some says 122 model) which has 1800cc VVTi engine. Car is 2001 model, 92K on meter and having quite good exterior and interior. Please advise me on following,

1. Owner asking for 2.7m, is that worth?

2. Is there any known problems or special things to be check on this model.

3. Is that spare parts are freely available (seems interior and exterior parts are similar to 121 model).

4. Is that having good second hand market or is it difficult to sell

Thanks in advance please help me on this

Well we got the same model but 2002 manufactured. got it for same price but 2 years back. i guess it's a good deal if it maintained properly. Ample power (1ZZ-FE 140HP, Same as US spec corolla engine) for a corolla. slightly different and unique Auto Tranny than regular Corolla (U341E which is shared among Celica GT). using the car for like 2 years now without any problems so far. Most of the parts are common with 121 series. (Lately replaced throttle body gasket, which shared the same gasket type with 1500CC model). there were couple of forum members with this Model including our dear Admin Madz :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

Well we got the same model but 2002 manufactured. got it for same price but 2 years back. i guess it's a good deal if it maintained properly. Ample power (1ZZ-FE 140HP, Same as US spec corolla engine) for a corolla. slightly different and unique Auto Tranny than regular Corolla (U341E which is shared among Celica GT). using the car for like 2 years now without any problems so far. Most of the parts are common with 121 series. (Lately replaced throttle body gasket, which shared the same gasket type with 1500CC model). there were couple of forum members with this Model including our dear Admin Madz :rolleyes:

Thanks Ruslan for the info, i love that car but bit scared of the second hand market. B'cos i'm looking for a car which can be sell easily :-)

Thanks Ruslan for the info, i love that car but bit scared of the second hand market. B'cos i'm looking for a car which can be sell easily :-)

I also have the same model. but the year is 2002 as of Ruslan. most of the things were in the Ruslans reply

Purchased it about year ago at 2.8 M. well I saw couple of them in news papers in 1-2 months span in the same range or in a slightly higher range. So hope the second hand market would be ok ( Pls comment - if any one knows much details)

well about the driving experience. It is superb and it got lot of extra like factory fitted tweeters , woofers, tyre pressure sensor etc.. and my one is now 100,000+ and is doing well so far. Also i get a good fuel consumption like 11-12km/l in the mix traffic conditions.outstations I get 15+. It is comfortable too.

I also had to change the throttle body gasket ( thanks Ruslan for the advices)

I do not see any negative point apart from the price

but lets hear what others have to say

cheers

Luxel is the highest grade in 121 series Corollas came upto 2002. This is positioned at the same level as Nissans N16 model Sylphy which is 1.8L. The Luxel has all the luxuries possible in a corolla. A really good car I must say. Not sure about the 2nd hand market cos some of our sri lankens are scared of 1.8L engine no matter its VVti or what...lol... This Luxel has crome handles, triptronic gears, laced seats, all four disk brakes, original alloys and many more extras.

Happy buy!!!

Dear Car Maniac

Is it Triptronic Gears or some thing similar to that. My 122 has the option to shift to the third gear while on the " D" and I guess that is not Triptronic

or is there any models with Triptonic Gears in the 122 range ?

thanks

Indika

Luxel is the highest grade in 121 series Corollas came upto 2002. This is positioned at the same level as Nissans N16 model Sylphy which is 1.8L. The Luxel has all the luxuries possible in a corolla. A really good car I must say. Not sure about the 2nd hand market cos some of our sri lankens are scared of 1.8L engine no matter its VVti or what...lol... This Luxel has crome handles, triptronic gears, laced seats, all four disk brakes, original alloys and many more extras.

Happy buy!!!

• 2 years later...

Go for a Luxel... I own a 2001 model...it is the highest grade in 121 series with highest options. It does fuel well.. 10-11 in city limits and 15-17 outstation. If you need the driving comfort/great feeling... then go for the 1.8 Luxel !!!

Go for a Luxel... I own a 2001 model...it is the highest grade in 121 series with highest options. It does fuel well.. 10-11 in city limits and 15-17 outstation. If you need the driving comfort/great feeling... then go for the 1.8 Luxel !!!

Congratulations you just answered a 2 year old question and automatically won yourself entry to the dumbass of the year awards :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1