• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rubber Beadings/bushings/ Belts And Pullys

ruwansusantha

Question

Hi,

I need some information about Rubber beadings/bushings/ belts and pullys maintenance in a vehicle.

Rubber tend to degrade/decompose and dry and crack. Are there any 3M /Wurth or any other product recommended

for application and what are their effects.

The belts (timing/drive/AC) do they need regular treatment, what are the recommended products.

3 answers to this question

Dono about any special products, but never spray oil to engine bay to car body when servicing. Oil will ruin rubber.

Even some reputed service stations doing this. So tell them explicitly that DON'T SPRAY OIL.

Yes, that penetrate oil used to spray into undercarriage is ruin Suspension bushings and degrade chassis undercoat.

As far as I know, there is no treatment for rubber, to last longer. Simply avoid chemicals coming into contact with the belts during engine bay de-greasing etc.

Also, AC/Power and Fan belts do not need regular replacement.. same with timing belt.

I'm on my 5th year with 50k km done during that period, and on my second set of belts. (except timing belt)