• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Damaged Number Plate

monty

Question

Hi Guys,

My vehicle's rear number plate was damaged due to an accident last week. Although it is not that bad I would like to get a new one. Since it is English plated I believe I would need to get it from RMV.

Anyone with experience with the procedures involved? Appreciate any help.

Thanks Guys!

monty :jumping-smiley-013:

9 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

My vehicle's rear number plate was damaged due to an accident last week. Although it is not that bad I would like to get a new one. Since it is English plated I believe I would need to get it from RMV.

Anyone with experience with the procedures involved? Appreciate any help.

Thanks Guys!

Machan,

The thing is that RMV does not replace only one plate and both are done at once. You need to take both plate and hand over to RMV Narahenpita. The unit is right at the back. You need to pay something line Rs 1500/=, usually insurance does not pay for this cost and you need to bare.

They will accept the plates and give you a receipt, you need to retain to show cops if stopped. But you will still need to paste something on the car until you get the new plates. Process take a long time around 3 weeks and you need to keep calling the fellows and bug them otherwise it will take longer.

If yours is a old English number you will get the new one ( Ie with P or D on the dash ).

Machan,

The thing is that RMV does not replace only one plate and both are done at once. You need to take both plate and hand over to RMV Narahenpita. The unit is right at the back. You need to pay something line Rs 1500/=, usually insurance does not pay for this cost and you need to bare.

They will accept the plates and give you a receipt, you need to retain to show cops if stopped. But you will still need to paste something on the car until you get the new plates. Process take a long time around 3 weeks and you need to keep calling the fellows and bug them otherwise it will take longer.

If yours is a old English number you will get the new one ( Ie with P or D on the dash ).

Machan CARBON....thank you very much for sharing this. Just the information I wanted to know. Helps a lot :grinning-smiley-003:

If then seems I have no option but to handover both plates and may be run on paper plates for 3-weeks <_<

Thanks again!

Machan CARBON....thank you very much for sharing this. Just the information I wanted to know. Helps a lot :grinning-smiley-003:

If then seems I have no option but to handover both plates and may be run on paper plates for 3-weeks <_<

Thanks again!

Hi Macho...

also make sure that u take that sticker with you. The one with the registration number which you paste on the windscreen. They asked for mine when i went to ge ma new plates after a vehicle transfer from NW to WP. If u dont have it they ask for a copy of a police entry. :angry-smiley-024:

Cheers :)