• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloy Wheel Nuts

Jayathu

Hi Guys,

I down sized my wheels from 215/45R17 to 195/65R15 last week.. Gave up my old 17" and got a new set of 15" for the same prize :jumping-smiley-013: but the problem is, couldn't get a good set of nuts for the new wheels.. Now on the hunt for a good set and can any one help with an idea or two as to where I can buy some..

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I down sized my wheels from 215/45R17 to 195/65R15 last week.. Gave up my old 17" and got a new set of 15" for the same prize :jumping-smiley-013: but the problem is, couldn't get a good set of nuts for the new wheels.. Now on the hunt for a good set and can any one help with an idea or two as to where I can buy some..

Thanks.

I have also checked colored nuts for my Mazda. But couldn't find yet. JJ lanka has normal nickel nuts.

Hope I' not completely deviating from the topic.....I need to switch to a 14" set of wheels from my current 15" s (low profile for SL is a few years away!!). What kind of cost are we talking about if I do an exchange? (my tires are 1 yr old and the rims would get an 8/10 score :-) )

Hope I' not completely deviating from the topic.....I need to switch to a 14" set of wheels from my current 15" s (low profile for SL is a few years away!!). What kind of cost are we talking about if I do an exchange? (my tires are 1 yr old and the rims would get an 8/10 score :-) )

Well, in my case I exchanged my 17" wheels and the two rear tires (both the front ones were beyond any use) for a new set of 15" wheels for the same price. Had to only bear the cost of new tires... I think your exchange will go along similar lines.. But, why switch from 15" to 14", does not make much of a difference.

Well, in my case I exchanged my 17" wheels and the two rear tires (both the front ones were beyond any use) for a new set of 15" wheels for the same price. Had to only bear the cost of new tires... I think your exchange will go along similar lines.. But, why switch from 15" to 14", does not make much of a difference.

It does to me! I had 185/65/14 and went to 195/55/15. I miss the softer ride and I'm worried I might be damaging my car.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Amila on Malay Street has a little tiny shop of sorts right opposite their main outlet - this joint had a few boxes of wheel nuts - chrome , Blue & Red along with a special tool for removal as these box nuts ( :unsure: i forget the correct term :( )

Amila on Malay Street has a little tiny shop of sorts right opposite their main outlet - this joint had a few boxes of wheel nuts - chrome , Blue & Red along with a special tool for removal as these box nuts ( :unsure: i forget the correct term :( )

Oh.. Thanks Dev. ;) I got a set of nickel nuts from the place near the Dawson street round about last week.. Couldn't risk running about with a incompatible set of nuts. On hind sight, Should have waited a few more days..

I went that way a few times over the last week, but the horrendous traffic along Malay street and lack of parking space did not encourage me to have a look around.. Should go again and check.. Any idea about the cost? It is not too bad to keep an additional set of nuts. :D

Oh.. Thanks Dev. ;) I got a set of nickel nuts from the place near the Dawson street round about last week.. Couldn't risk running about with a incompatible set of nuts. On hind sight, Should have waited a few more days..

I went that way a few times over the last week, but the horrendous traffic along Malay street and lack of parking space did not encourage me to have a look around.. Should go again and check.. Any idea about the cost? It is not too bad to keep an additional set of nuts. :D

since its Amila's you'll be going to you can pull into that empty-ish plot of land (which is their car park/ garage of sorts) directly opposite thier outlet on the other side of the road

no idea bat the cost- could have checked as i stopped by this evening also :(