• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Good Is A Toyota Tercel...

rez

dear friends,

came through a good looking well maintained Tercel, 1997 model, 1300 CC and 300 - series. Price tag is for 10.50 at moment. But would like to know the real market and fuel efficiency etc from you guys. ( only tommorrw can give other details of it after I have a good look inside too ).....

Have heard in nissan FB 14 this 1300 cc and 1500 cc problem and the market demand...does it influence over here too ?

My first car was a 1500cc EFI Tercel (YOM 95) manual. Did 9.5 - 10 In the city. Approx 15 outstation.

Teejay,

But do you get full option model in Tercel ? I have seen a few , but all were semi even 1997 models..with 1300 cc

• 2 weeks later...

Dear rez,

I'm using a Toyota Tercel 1300cc M/T car for nearly 3 yrs.Yom-1996,Brandnew,19-**** only with AC and Power st.(Recently added power shutters,power mirrors,central locking with original parts)

Before buying make sure wether the AC was Fitted In Sri lanka.Bcs my car has come only with power st.

Tercel is one of the better durable cars in the sri lankan market.It is bit uncomfortable and lacks space but definitely enough for the price u pay for it.fuel consumption is around 12 in the city and 14+ outstation(with AC) after tuned by a good technician.

You may experience some problem with the pulling power once the AC is on,since the engine is 1300cc ,which I'm experiencing.

Spares are comparatively cheap and body parts(reconditioned) are widely available.

The asking price for the car mentioned is bit high (may be i'm wrong) as i think.You can esily find a car around 9.5-10 lacks of that condition.

I would definitly recommend a Tercel to buy with all the experience I'm having for last 3 yrs. :):)

tercel is a good family car.. its a shame they dont make it.. its very solid.. but beware of the owners own treatment to it.. as with anything if the owner has not taken care of her properly then its no good.. but overall good car.. my only worry is the 1300 thing.. i think it will do slightly less on fuel than the 1500 CC one..