• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4.1 Subwoofer For Car Audio???can I Do This>>>?

riddle

Question

guys...please dont take me wrong....im asking this outa curiosity.. :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

iv an extra creative 4.1 subwoofer system(pc)...,....and my friend has a car with a wrecked up audio system...

so when i was free and jobless i thought about this/.//lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

is it possible to connect a subwoofer system to a car?????i hope you would undestand what im talking about,,,atm please forget about the speaker positioning...

so what do you guys think eh???

thanks alot mates!!!!!!!!!

7 answers to this question

How you gonna power it? I believe the 'Creative system' is 230 volts...

i think there are power inverters to do this sorta thing... but the question is whether it's worth all that hassle...

4.1 will not do much good for pure audio..and the installation will be messy...

if all that is ok i suppose it's technically possible...

power thru a 12v DC to DC converter according the power requirements of the 4.1 system

one channel should be connected to the subwoofer input thru a low pass filter ( you can find 100s of low cost low pass filter designs on inet and u can get parts from farnell)

place the subwoofer under your dash board (passengers side) for better bass response for the driver

if u can put some extra effort on fabrications, u can extend and place 4.1 controllers on ur dash board.