• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Finding A Good Car

JwesT

Question

19 answers to this question

Guys anyone of u know abt Toyota Allion? is it good? or else which is the best car in 3 - 3.5 mill range(recon)? doesn't need to be a sports car.. comfort and fuel economy wot matters

cheers

Allion is a great car and its quite fuel efficientl. plus it looks great as well. haven’t heard any bad reviews. i think its a good choice.

im bit rusty on SL prices, but im sure premera P12 is in that range. i've heard its automatic gearbox is bit of a trouble maker. there was a massive shortage of auto gear boxes about a year ago even A*W was struggling to keep up with the demand.

how about a toyota premio. very nice car, sorry if its out of the price range.

Guys anyone of u know abt Toyota Allion? is it good? or else which is the best car in 3 - 3.5 mill range(recon)? doesn't need to be a sports car.. comfort and fuel economy wot matters

cheers

I haven't heard anything bad about the Allion, it is really a great car, also beautiful & stylish. Don't really know the prices but I think an unregistered recon would be more than your price range..not sure though...

Allion is a great car and its quite fuel efficientl. plus it looks great as well. haven’t heard any bad reviews. i think its a good choice.

im bit rusty on SL prices, but im sure premera P12 is in that range. i've heard its automatic gearbox is bit of a trouble maker. there was a massive shortage of auto gear boxes about a year ago even A*W was struggling to keep up with the demand.

thank u very much for the info xXx and Bhara.. This car is actually for my father.. he said he checked 2 cars, one is a brand new toyota yaris or something (very new model I have't even scene that car) and one allion. He just asked me whether its good or bad.. I had no clue..

Yup the Allion is an excellent car... My mum has one and she loves it...it looks good and is fuel efficient too... strongly reccomend it!!

thank u very much for the info xXx and Bhara.. This car is actually for my father.. he said he checked 2 cars, one is a brand new toyota yaris or something (very new model I have't even scene that car) and one allion. He just asked me whether its good or bad.. I had no clue..

pick the allion over the yaris. i guess you can get a brand new yaris for the price of a recon allion isn’t it? Looks wise yaris is nowhere hear allion

pick the allion over the yaris. i guess you can get a brand new yaris for the price of a recon allion isn’t it? Looks wise yaris is nowhere hear allion

yes allion is a good option,

allion & the premio both have the same interior & same features

almost both are in the same price range also

allion is more sporty looking than the premio , i think thats the only difference

you should be able to get a god car 2003 1.5l for less than 3.5 mill with back camara & with the works

Hey

Allions are pretty good, and it will be better than a new yaris. The Allion is a little bit small, as it is a civic rival. I think The reverse camera is its best feature. Some models dont have leather. Ive think ive seen some allions for 4 million too. Ive seen many 1.5L without a reverse camera if you find one with a camera, it might be added on. I think its th 1.8L which has it. Im really not too sure about this.For that price, you could get a brand new civic(basic model), a used x-trail(3.5m), a used 2001 Volkswagen Golf gti(2.7m), probably a used beemer 3 series too, a nissan cefiro(2.6m), a primera should be around 2.7 too. There are plenty of good cars to suit your budget, so choose wisely, and good luck with car shopping :car-smiley-001::car-smiley-002:

cheers

Hey,,,, Yes the Allion look nice , than the Yaris…..There are 3 options ..

1. A15… 1.5 Litter - Rs. 3.2 – 3.5 Million

• A18… 1.8 Litter - Rs. 3.8
  • A20… 2.0 Litter ( But In SL I have seen only 1 red color car ,, ) – Rs. -No idea-

But the Premio is Rs. 4.2 - 4.5 million…..

allion4kj.jpg

ex02vga4fi.jpg

Hey

Allions are pretty good, and it will be better than a new yaris. The Allion is a little bit small, as it is a civic rival. I think The reverse camera is its best feature. Some models dont have leather. Ive think ive seen some allions for 4 million too. Ive seen many 1.5L without a reverse camera if you find one with a camera, it might be added on. I think its th 1.8L which has it. Im really not too sure about this.For that price, you could get a brand new civic(basic model), a used x-trail(3.5m), a used 2001 Volkswagen Golf gti(2.7m), probably a used beemer 3 series too, a nissan cefiro(2.6m), a primera should be around 2.7 too. There are plenty of good cars to suit your budget, so choose wisely, and good luck with car shopping :car-smiley-001::car-smiley-002:

are you referring to unregistered or registered cars as used ?

my advice is to go for a recently registered car. for 3 mil, you should be able to pick up a pretty good car...

Yeah a certain MR-S I been eyeing is coming on the market too. But I need to ask the dude if he wants to run an add here or its against the rules ....

Yeah a certain MR-S I been eyeing is coming on the market too. But I need to ask the dude if he wants to run an add here or its against the rules ....

i don't think the mr-s will work for jwest's dad...unless he has hit midlife crisis :)

i don't think the mr-s will work for jwest's dad...unless he has hit midlife crisis :(

hehehee!!!!!

good one!!! kinda like when i was trying my father to import a crashed Evo7 and build it up in SL..i found a cheap one too.. only 2.0 mil.. needed to replace 2 doors and a little work on the rear wheel arch.. thats all....

but i guess you can all imagine how that went ... you dont hear me bragging about my Evo do you

:)

but seriously, i think the allion is a nice car.. dont know much about performance, bit if it were me i'd go 1.8ltr engine.. 1.5 no good cos engine might be too small and 2.0 no cos 1Ltr Petrol =Rs.88

hehehee!!!!!

good one!!! kinda like when i was trying my father to import a crashed Evo7 and build it up in SL..i found a cheap one too.. only 2.0 mil.. needed to replace 2 doors and a little work on the rear wheel arch.. thats all....

but i guess you can all imagine how that went ... you dont hear me bragging about my Evo do you

:)

but seriously, i think the allion is a nice car.. dont know much about performance, bit if it were me i'd go 1.8ltr engine.. 1.5 no good cos engine might be too small and 2.0 no cos 1Ltr Petrol =Rs.88

i don’t think there are any duty reductions when importing smashed cars. even though you get one with a low CIF after paying the duty and restoring the car guess you wont save much. Alternative is to do a cut n but.

i've heard some people making comments about cars having too smaller engines. do you really think manufactures will actually do something like installing an engine that doesn’t have enough power to pull the car. has anyone actually come across a similar experience????????

i don’t think there are any duty reductions when importing smashed cars. even though you get one with a low CIF after paying the duty and restoring the car guess you wont save much. Alternative is to do a cut n but.

i've heard some people making comments about cars having too smaller engines. do you really think manufactures will actually do something like installing an engine that doesn’t have enough power to pull the car. has anyone actually come across a similar experience????????

According to the specs 1.5 allion puts 130+ BHP, thats more than enough for that car.. carina only had 100HP(i think) but didn't face no prob...

According to the specs 1.5 allion puts 130+ BHP, thats more than enough for that car.. carina only had 100HP(i think) but didn't face no prob...

of course NO! 1.5l pulls enough, and will be really good on fuel.

our carina does about 11 - 12 city and on long trips about 14.

and the allion must be doing more on fuel for sure, dont think

it will be a prob cos the engine is 1.5l. no! not at all..

Well, when people say "underpowered" i don't think they mean it quite literally..but I totally understand. For example, the 4 cylinder camry sold in the US has plenty of power for everyday driving, but the 3.0 V6 is a LOT quicker and a lot more fun to drive as well. It just depends on what you want I guess, and how much fuel efficiency matters to you. I doubt that the 1.8 Allion is a whole lot worse when it comes to fuel economy compared to the 1.5...so it may be worth a test drive to see if the power increase is worth the (hopefully small) sacrifice in fuel economy to you.