• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me On Engine Oil Deposits Problem

Thanushka

Hi mate, last Saturday I found that the Oil indicator switch on after 5 min. of driving. I turned off the engine and started the engine after few seconds. Indicator was off, but after another few minutes of driving I found the indicator was on.

My mechanic says that the engine got deposits and told me to change the engine oil to SAE 30 (ormally I use SAE 40) to flush the engine and then put Havoline, since it has protective mechanism against deposits.

I want to know whether Havoline is a good type of engine oil to use. Bcoz some says it is not good and recommended me to not ot use it. Plz advice me on this.

Thanks.

What is your car and Y.O.M. and how many kms are on the meter?What oil you have used earlier? How often you do your engine oil change?

Y O M is 1996. Milage is 115k. I baught it recently and found that previous owner didn't change oil frequently. I put Lanka Super plus.

Did Havolin a good engine oil, and will it be a problem, if put havolin to an engine which earlier had different brand or type.

whats your car model and make. try to use Mobil XHP or Toyota Engine oil.

It's a Mazda BG3P.

I've heard that for this problem, car model or make is not an factor. Even the world is still looking and doing R&D to fiind what causes this issue.

It's a Mazda BG3P.

I've heard that for this problem, car model or make is not an factor. Even the world is still looking and doing R&D to fiind what causes this issue.

Is it a sludge formation issue? But i have never heard it comes to Mazda engine. If u change minaral oil in every 5000 km you never have sludge problems in machines(except toyota vvt engines :D )

• Like 1

Is it a sludge formation issue? But i have never heard it comes to Mazda engine. If u change minaral oil in every 5000 km you never have sludge problems in machines(except toyota vvt engines :D )

Yap. It's not worst thaugh. After changing to SAE 30, around first 20 km the indicator was on, but now it's off. But the oil looks like the vehicle run over 2000km, althauth I have ran abt 150km. :)

I think as the mechanic said, the system is in the prcess if flushing.

I don't know the interval of oil changes done by the previous owner.

Anything about changing to Havoline?

Yap. It's not worst thaugh. After changing to SAE 30, around first 20 km the indicator was on, but now it's off. But the oil looks like the vehicle run over 2000km, althauth I have ran abt 150km. :)

I think as the mechanic said, the system is in the prcess if flushing.

I don't know the interval of oil changes done by the previous owner.

Anything about changing to Havoline?

Bro if the bearings and the piston/cylinders are not effected, you may flush engine (One stuff is available at Laugh koswatte) and use any minaral oil. Havoline is good. You can use Mobil also.

One of friend's VIOS had sludge problem and he got it flushed at laughs less than 3000 Rs about year a go if my memory is right.

Really, is it that cheap? Then I should have done it.

Bro if the bearings and the piston/cylinders are not effected, you may flush engine (One stuff is available at Laugh koswatte) and use any minaral oil. Havoline is good. You can use Mobil also.

No. Not affected Cilinder, pistons. She is still running. :)

Thanks you all of you for replying. I did an engine flush @ laugfs Kohowala. It cost me 6000/= (they put a strong chemical since heavy flush in my engine).

But my problem is some people says it is not good to flush the engine, since sludge will go to the sump and damage the engine, and also adviced me not to use and deposit protection enabled engine oil (I used Havoline), saying the same thing as mentioned,since I have sludge in my engine. What to do?

Thanks you all of you for replying. I did an engine flush @ laugfs Kohowala. It cost me 6000/= (they put a strong chemical since heavy flush in my engine).

But my problem is some people says it is not good to flush the engine, since sludge will go to the sump and damage the engine, and also adviced me not to use and deposit protection enabled engine oil (I used Havoline), saying the same thing as mentioned,since I have sludge in my engine. What to do?

Don't worry bro. My friend's VIOS flushing was done more than a year a go and still running with out any probem. That time Toyota Lanka has advised him to do a engine overall and cost was more than 100000Rs.

• Like 1

I've heard about it as well, but thats i guess is if your issue is very serious and big sludge chunks come off. How exactly did u check the sludge problem. I opened my oil cap and insepcted the top lid base and it had oil coloured light brown on the lid rings. But nothing black

• Like 1

I've heard about it as well, but thats i guess is if your issue is very serious and big sludge chunks come off. How exactly did u check the sludge problem. I opened my oil cap and insepcted the top lid base and it had oil coloured light brown on the lid rings. But nothing black

Mine was checked by the mechanic. For sime idea look inside by removing the oil cap. If you can see a black colored coating like tar in the internal components, then I think it is sludge. This will hlp somewhat

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

I think doing these things will not solve your problem. Running an engine even 1 min with oil bulb on will damage your engine bearing there will be few reasons other than sludge for this problem.

1. Oil pump performance low.

2. Bearing clearances are excessively high such that, oil escapes easily when get thinned. (ie. when get hot)

3. Oil pressurising circuit problem

1. Poor filter

11. Relief valve leaking etc.

So I propose to disassemble the engine and check what the actual reason is, those miracle fluids promising to give you everything will not give a permenant solution.

As far as I know, this sluge formation issue is with lean burn engines. Not all VVTI engines are lean burn. specailly the cars manufactured for singapore has lean burn engines. So be carefull if your car is imported from singapore.

How about the JDM VVt-i's that comes in 121s, arnt they lean burn? what exactly is lean burn engines? pardo my ignorance