• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 121 Engine Mounts

rangerover

Question

Guys,

I have a slight vibration in my car when im in traffic and the gear is on D. I dont have any jerk as such when shifting from D to N or Reverse. My mechanic told me it is the engine mounts. (so did toyota). Now what my mechanic suggests is replace the two side ones first and then check if the noise persists. If not replace the one in the front and back. When he inspected, the mounts werent broken.

1. Is it advicable to replace all 4 or is it ok to replace one by one?

2. Any idea where i can get a good deal? i was told that the two side ones can cost up to 20,000 for both

3. I have heard the two side ones control the vibration and the one in the front and rear controls the jerks when shifting gears. Is it true?

9 answers to this question

i don't mean this in a bad way, but i'm rather concerned about the car you seem to have picked up - for a Corolla 121 , which is eseentially billed as being rock solid and trouble free you car seems to be giving a fair bit of trouble :(

hmmm wouldn't it be best to give it to Toyota for a total diagnostics and service report and figure out all the things that need to be attended to and then have a known or reliable technician have a go at rectifying things?

just a suggestion.

To answer your questions:

1. Yup- but unless you immediately replace the faulty one, the good ones will quickly break the moment one mount goes

2. Panchi for fakes

3. If your trying to figure out which mounts to inspect- don't bother, as you cannot say for sure if a mount is busted until you remove it. The gearbox usually has a mount installed close to it, so you will feel it for sure if its busted.

i don't mean this in a bad way, but i'm rather concerned about the car you seem to have picked up - for a Corolla 121 , which is eseentially billed as being rock solid and trouble free you car seems to be giving a fair bit of trouble :(

hmmm wouldn't it be best to give it to Toyota for a total diagnostics and service report and figure out all the things that need to be attended to and then have a known or reliable technician have a go at rectifying things?

just a suggestion.

To be honest, all these engine noises, chain noise, ac belt noises i have heard so far were because the rubber sock which is on top of the steering rack, where it connects to the body, has been removed, So i hear all the engine noises whilst driving. Once i put it back to the seal, it is absolutely sound free. I took to toyota lanka for a full diagnostic, they asked me to do the following

1. Replace engine mounts

2. Check shocks and replace shock mounts

3. Replace rear axle mounts

:jumping-smiley-013: I have been panicking for nothing. :rolleyes:

is it a major vibration or something very slight. i have it too in my car and it's only when on D and at a full stop.

there may not be any issue with your mounts. it might be normal.

Exactly. A small vibration when on a full stop on D. when on N there is no such vibration. And i dont feel it when driving. Only when im in traffic at all most non moving speed.

I went to Ara*ian motors in maradana and got my mounts checked. I was told that they were in good condition and that the reason for ruff idle would be the trottle body. Got it cleaned using wurth and did a full tune up. The car is smooth as new! B)

what was the cost for the full tune-up ???

what was the cost for the full tune-up ???

yes Rangerover bro, please let us know the tuning cost and the place. Im also looking for a good tuneup place at a reasonable cost these days. no clear idea about tuneup costs

Appreciate if you can let us know.thanks

I got it done at arabian motors , using wurth. This was the eletronic trottle body cleaning and spark plug change. I later on got a manual tune up done at this popular garage for toyota's in Kotte. This tune up include cheaning the EGR valve and manual cleaing of injectors. I have since sold the car, and now hear it is running around at a mileage 40K Km lesser than what i sold it at :rolleyes: