• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Need 91 Ron Petrol

MAS

Hi,

I have been using 90 all this time for my Hyundai SUV. Sometimes I get a slight engine knock when accelerating. When I checked my owners manual it mentions that I must use 91 RON or higher. So I guess the engine knock was due to me using 90.

Okay, so from where can I get the 91 ? I see only 90, 95 and Extra Premium.

Can I mix the 90 and 95 to a 50:50 ?

Or try Premium ?

Tks in advance.

Hi,

I have been using 90 all this time for my Hyundai SUV. Sometimes I get a slight engine knock when accelerating. When I checked my owners manual it mentions that I must use 91 RON or higher. So I guess the engine knock was due to me using 90.

Okay, so from where can I get the 91 ? I see only 90, 95 and Extra Premium.

Can I mix the 90 and 95 to a 50:50 ?

Or try Premium ?

Tks in advance.

generally the octane rating mentioned is the minimum that the manufacturer recommends. Also, almost all new vehicles have ECUs that are intelligent enough to compensate for small variances in octane rating (such as 90 vs 91) Your knock could be caused by any number of things unrelated to the fuel y'knw.. check and ensure that the engine is in optimum tune as well.

There is no 91 octane fuel in SL of course, the grades are 90, 95 and IOC's Xtra premium which is supposed to have an octanee rating of about 93 or 94. Any of the higher ones will suit really, but as of late there have been questions as to whether the Ceypetco 95 octane is actually 95 as a lot of members have reported there to be no difference at all in their vehicle's performance between 90 and 95. So we can pretty much consider ceypetco 95 to be a bit dodgy at this very moment, So IOC's xtra premium I feel is a good compromise.

Edited by Supra_Natural