• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Raising Suspension

fookie

Hi guys, this is my first post here and hope you guys will help me out since I am a newbie when it comes to vehicles.

My car is a Corolla 110 and it has done nearly 70k on the clock. Recently I went for Wheel alignment and the guy said that the shocks are worn out and needed to be replaced. But today I took my car to the garage. After a test drive they said shocks are worn out a bit but no need to replace them at this time.

But it is good if the car is suspension is raised since this model has low ground clearance. It would also reduce the ‘Dug Dug’ noise. They claimed this is done using putting rings. I want to know whether raising height will have a negative impact on my car?

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Hi guys, this is my first post here and hope you guys will help me out since I am a newbie when it comes to vehicles.

My car is a Corolla 110 and it has done nearly 70k on the clock. Recently I went for Wheel alignment and the guy said that the shocks are worn out and needed to be replaced. But today I took my car to the garage. After a test drive they said shocks are worn out a bit but no need to replace them at this time.

But it is good if the car is suspension is raised since this model has low ground clearance. It would also reduce the ‘Dug Dug’ noise. They claimed this is done using putting rings. I want to know whether raising height will have a negative impact on my car?

I would advise you not to "lift" your suspension with bushes and the like and another point to note is that the ae110 doesn't have "low ground clearance" issue.

It's factory designed to operate at it's best with your existing suspension setup...

If the shocks are worn out, the obvious and the right thing to do is to replace them...

And even adding bushes and lifting the car would work only for a while...

your worn shocks will continue to wear out further and loose it's rebound and the ability to hold the weight of the car and you'll be back to square one.

generally raising the car will put it's center of gravity at a higher place than it is now. this will have a negative impact on the cars handling and balance which in turn might make certain parts wear out faster

Raising the suspension will have a negative affect in cornering and handling.My advice is to Replace the shocks if they are worn out.

Hey guys thanks a lot for you valuable inputs. Yeah I think it's goood to stick to the stock specification. But how can I be certain that shocks are worn out ??

If you get that "dug dug" noise when going over pot holes, humps and the likes...chances are your shocks are worn and has lost it's ability to hold the weigh of the car and rebound properly! basically you shocks are bottoming out instead of absorbing the load...

Best way to confirm is to get you shocks tested from a testing joint!

Hey guys thanks a lot for you valuable inputs. Yeah I think it's goood to stick to the stock specification. But how can I be certain that shocks are worn out ??

What is the best way to get just the shocks tested? Is it the electronic or manual inspection?

There's a place near Nawala (I'm not sure of the name) that does shock absorber tests. It gives out readings via a computer. You guys can get it checked there.

my 2 cents ,

First you need to stay away from the garage dude you went even to replace the shocks ,

even if you take new shocks he might do His modifications to satisfy you better saying all sorts of his experiences . these are the guys who ruin cars.

AE110 standard suspension is very good, comfotable and it handles really well for it's class, get the shocks tested and replace then with KYB if it is needed , it will be good as new ,

i used a AE110 for 5 yrs and sold it when the clock was 229K never had a problem of ground clearance,

unless your mechanic is tying to go see elephants in yala in a corolla .

Edited by MRM

my 2 cents ,

First you need to stay away from the garage dude you went even to replace the shocks ,

even if you take new shocks he might do His modifications to satisfy you better saying all sorts of his experiences . these are the guys who ruin cars.

AE110 standard suspension is very good, comfotable and it handles really well for it's class, get the shocks tested and replace then with KYB if it is needed , it will be good as new ,

i used a AE110 for 5 yrs and sold it when the clock was 229K never had a problem of ground clearance,

1+ :)

my 2 cents ,

AE110 standard suspension is very good, comfortable and it handles really well for it's class, get the shocks tested and replace then with KYB if it is needed , it will be good as new ,

Exactly, I've met many people with ruined suspensions because of these maka baases.

Edited by Ruslan

my 2 cents ,

:grinning-smiley-003: