• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noah Kr41 (petrol)

fizz

Question

Hi Folks,

My Toyota Noah Van KR 41 itz a Curb type Engine 180K on the clock is making very low in Fuel Consumption it does 5 - 6 with A/c in Colombo, I changed the Air Filters, New Plug and tuned the Engine but it still gives me the same fuel rate and the performance is also very low when compared since it's a petrol vehicle.

I really need u guyz help in this matter. Hope some of you may figure out the problem.

Cheerz

19 answers to this question

i guess its the standard figure for a KR41 since its engine is 1500cc. the thing is it doesn't have the perfect power to weight ratio(correct me if im wrong)

the engine is 1800cc coz one of my uncle has the kr41 and the kr42, the driver of the kr42 said me that it does around 14 without ac though its been a manual i really doubt that km per litre! And most people say kr41 is bad on fuel!

most people say kr41 is bad on fuel!

I don't really agree bro.. We had a KR42 (petrol - 1.8L Auto) which did 9-10 easily with AC. And mind you - that too had 140K on the clock. So my list of reasons for a KR42 to do less than that is;

1. Engine not tuned well. (get a full checkup on the injectors, plugs, throttle body, efi system etc etc. - I'm not a tech person so the list may be longer - go to a reliable person who knows the stuff)

2. Heavy footed driving (the engine is quite silent, and there's no RPM meter- so unlike in a car, you tend to press on the gas too often)

3. Heavy gadgets fitted - if you have any (Rotatable seats at the back - 50/60kg, funky spoilers / hood railings / ladders / shovels! / extra 'spare' wheel on the back door etc etc etc.) there's loads of space so loads of things may be added..

that's my 2 cents.

Hope this may be useful.

I don't really agree bro.. We had a KR42 (petrol - 1.8L Auto) which did 9-10 easily with AC. And mind you - that too had 140K on the clock. So my list of reasons for a KR42 to do less than that is;

1. Engine not tuned well. (get a full checkup on the injectors, plugs, throttle body, efi system etc etc. - I'm not a tech person so the list may be longer - go to a reliable person who knows the stuff)

2. Heavy footed driving (the engine is quite silent, and there's no RPM meter- so unlike in a car, you tend to press on the gas too often)

3. Heavy gadgets fitted - if you have any (Rotatable seats at the back - 50/60kg, funky spoilers / hood railings / ladders / shovels! / extra 'spare' wheel on the back door etc etc etc.) there's loads of space so loads of things may be added..

that's my 2 cents.

Hope this may be useful.

it did 9-10 within colombo???during rush hour????

bro, KR41's came with 1500cc engine and KR42's came with 1800cc engine

Bro ma Engine Capacity is 1500 cc, it's really low in fuel and itz a carb model engine i have placed new Air Cleaner, plugs, serviced the vehicle last saturday too and the I tuned the carb but it still does 5 - 6 in Cmb with A/c please help me out with suggestion guyz since it's a 1997 model KR 41 Petrol

Bro ma Engine Capacity is 1500 cc, it's really low in fuel and itz a carb model engine i have placed new Air Cleaner, plugs, serviced the vehicle last saturday too and the I tuned the carb but it still does 5 - 6 in Cmb with A/c please help me out with suggestion guyz since it's a 1997 model KR 41 Petrol

Bro. Me too had the same problem with my KR 41 Auto. It was realy bad on fuel and was a Carb model. But I was lucky to find a KR 42 new engine (Auto) from a spare part shop and replace the old carb model engine. Not much expensive too.

Now it does around 10-11 Outstation and around 9 in City (Not checked in heavy Traffic). And more power too. :D

Thilak

Bro. Me too had the same problem with my KR 41 Auto. It was realy bad on fuel and was a Carb model. But I was lucky to find a KR 42 new engine (Auto) from a spare part shop and replace the old carb model engine. Not much expensive too.

Now it does around 10-11 Outstation and around 9 in City (Not checked in heavy Traffic). And more power too. :D

Thilak

Thanks bro for the suggestions well if I do an Engine Check up wont it show a proper response to how I should get thru this and where is the best place I can do a good Engine and a Body Check up for my vehicle? or is dat I must change an engine for it...

Well is ur engine is a EFI petrol KR 42 Engine 1800 or 1500cc? and for how much did u but it?, plz help me out bro, since ma current engine power isn't enough as to it burns out petrol too easily... :(

Thanks bro for the suggestions well if I do an Engine Check up wont it show a proper response to how I should get thru this and where is the best place I can do a good Engine and a Body Check up for my vehicle? or is dat I must change an engine for it...

Well is ur engine is a EFI petrol KR 42 Engine 1800 or 1500cc? and for how much did u but it?, plz help me out bro, since ma current engine power isn't enough as to it burns out petrol too easily... :(

Yep. My new engine is an EFI petrol KR 42 2002, 1800cc. I paid only Rs.15k and Rs. 8k for the engine swap.

Where do you live buddy? It is easy to find new petrol engines in Wenappuwa, Halawatha or Kuliyapitiya area.

Thilak

Yep. My new engine is an EFI petrol KR 42 2002, 1800cc. I paid only Rs.15k and Rs. 8k for the engine swap.

Where do you live buddy? It is easy to find new petrol engines in Wenappuwa, Halawatha or Kuliyapitiya area.

Thilak

Thanks m8 well I stay in Col-14, I heard this engine is also drinkin more fuel but the way you sai I believe it's good & cn I know how much your new engine has be on d clock but m8 8km in cmb with a/c is it worth???

Dude Y if I dont I do an Engine check up for my current engine? whats ur suggestion, wil it work or do you suggest me to go for a new Engine as per your specifications?

Plz advice me...

Thanks m8 well I stay in Col-14, I heard this engine is also drinkin more fuel but the way you sai I believe it's good & cn I know how much your new engine has be on d clock but m8 8km in cmb with a/c is it worth???

Dude Y if I dont I do an Engine check up for my current engine? whats ur suggestion, wil it work or do you suggest me to go for a new Engine as per your specifications?

Plz advice me...

Mate If you get 8Kmpl with A/C in Colombo it is normal for KR 41. Remember it is a van and bigger than a car. Therefore we cannot expect same fuel consumption of a car. Also I assume it has only front A/C. Normally KR 41 & 42 has powerful A/C systems. Kindly note I am not an Expert. This is how I make my assumptions.

My van too had the same reading as yours before the change. Therefore I think it is normal.

Anyway it is better to get your engine checked. I am sure one of the expert will let you know a good place to go.

If you really concern about the fuel, go for a Diesel conversion. KR 41 & 42 are really easy to convert. Unfortunately I am not sure about new RMV charges.

I did a conversion for KR 42 '99 manual with 3C Turbo engine and it was really successful. I still like it very much.

Best

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Mate If you get 8Kmpl with A/C in Colombo it is normal for KR 41. Remember it is a van and bigger than a car. Therefore we cannot expect same fuel consumption of a car. Also I assume it has only front A/C. Normally KR 41 & 42 has powerful A/C systems. Kindly note I am not an Expert. This is how I make my assumptions.

My van too had the same reading as yours before the change. Therefore I think it is normal.

Anyway it is better to get your engine checked. I am sure one of the expert will let you know a good place to go.

If you really concern about the fuel, go for a Diesel conversion. KR 41 & 42 are really easy to convert. Unfortunately I am not sure about new RMV charges.

I did a conversion for KR 42 '99 manual with 3C Turbo engine and it was really successful. I still like it very much.

Best

Thilak

Thanks Thilak for ur interest and may I know the place where u went and installed the Engine I mean the exact place and can I know how much kilo mtr was on d clock in ur new Kr 42 EFI Engine? and I wanna know how much is d coast I should bear to do this RMV registration for the new engine placed & 1 final question while I'm placed a KR 42 Petrol Efi Engine, will my vehicle value go down while im sellin it?

Hw much is the coast of a 3C Turbo Engine Diesel engine i reckon it comes with 2800 cc plz correct me if im wrong with instalation and how much the fuel consuption can I expect in this engine with a/c in cmb and outstation?

Thanks m8....

Thanks Thilak for ur interest and may I know the place where u went and installed the Engine I mean the exact place and can I know how much kilo mtr was on d clock in ur new Kr 42 EFI Engine? and I wanna know how much is d coast I should bear to do this RMV registration for the new engine placed & 1 final question while I'm placed a KR 42 Petrol Efi Engine, will my vehicle value go down while im sellin it?

Hw much is the coast of a 3C Turbo Engine Diesel engine i reckon it comes with 2800 cc plz correct me if im wrong with instalation and how much the fuel consuption can I expect in this engine with a/c in cmb and outstation?

Thanks m8....

3C-T engine is 2200cc not 2800!. there's something called GOOGLE to find out those stuff

Thanks m8....

Hi Mate,

A person known to me an owner of a spare parts shop in Marawila did a conversion to his new KR 42 2002 to diesel 3C soon he finished RMV registeration and I paid 15k and bought his engine. He him self imported the van and it was only 16085 on the clock. I did the installation in Naththandiya. It is too far for you mate. Since I have already done a conversion to another van as I mentioned in my earlier thread, he did it for a less cost. I did this as an experiment to see how KR 41 '98 van runs on KR42 new efi 1800 motor. LOL

Since both are petrol I do not see any reason for going down in price. Only I know the story. :P

Regarding diesel conversion, I have done about 4 1/2 year before, and it cost me 200k in total including RMV registration. I got the same number on the plate and only P changed to D and "Converted to Diesel" printed on my registration paper.

Unfortunately I have no idea of any new changes of RMV charges of fuel type conversions. Hope someone in here will help on that.

I suggest it is worth if you could visit some good places in Dematagoda and Nugegoda area and have an idea of diesel engines. Since CR 41 normally comes with 2C engine, you too could look for a 2C engine for your KR 41. The cost is little less than 3C. It would be better if you could find engine and the gear box together rather than coupling with your petrol gear box.

Please note I am sharing my experiences only and this may not an expert advice. :)

Best

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Hi Mate,

A person known to me an owner of a spare parts shop in Marawila did a conversion to his new KR 42 2002 to diesel 3C soon he finished RMV registeration and I paid 15k and bought his engine. He him self imported the van and it was only 16085 on the clock. I did the installation in Naththandiya. It is too far for you mate. Since I have already done a conversion to another van as I mentioned in my earlier thread, he did it for a less cost. I did this as an experiment to see how KR 41 '98 van runs on KR42 new efi 1800 motor. LOL

Since both are petrol I do not see any reason for going down in price. Only I know the story. :P

Regarding diesel conversion, I have done about 4 1/2 year before, and it cost me 200k in total including RMV registration. I got the same number on the plate and only P changed to D and "Converted to Diesel" printed on my registration paper.

Unfortunately I have no idea of any new changes of RMV charges of fuel type conversions. Hope someone in here will help on that.

I suggest it is worth if you could visit some good places in Dematagoda and Nugegoda area and have an idea of diesel engines. Since CR 41 normally comes with 2C engine, you too could look for a 2C engine for your KR 41. The cost is little less than 3C. It would be better if you could find engine and the gear box together rather than coupling with your petrol gear box.

Please note I am sharing my experiences only and this may not an expert advice. :)

Best

Thilak

Thanks bro for ur info.. Well I have a suggestion on going for a KR 42 EFI Model Engine, wud ya sai?? hope this might give me some fuel saving as you mentioned, bro you sure it does 8 km per ltr + More Power and so on I will b more than happi if it does 10 at least anywayz lezz c hw it goes, well if I go to delkanda area I can get it isn't, anywayz thanx for ya advice bro as I do appreciate it well.

Cheerz

Thanks bro for ur info.. Well I have a suggestion on going for a KR 42 EFI Model Engine, wud ya sai?? hope this might give me some fuel saving as you mentioned, bro you sure it does 8 km per ltr + More Power and so on I will b more than happi if it does 10 at least anywayz lezz c hw it goes, well if I go to delkanda area I can get it isn't, anywayz thanx for ya advice bro as I do appreciate it well.

Cheerz

Hi mate,

My KR41 does 10 km per ltr in town. I checked last week. It has done around 10 to 10.5 kms on my way to Kandy. I was in a heavy traffic jam in Kandy and the van with 8 people on board. A/C was on through out the journey.

Managed to beat two Allions and a HONDA EXI in Kadugannawa hill climb :alc:

So all the best for your decision. Please note I use IOC fuel now goes @ Rs.119/=

Check @ outstation places too mate. You may find good motor in cheaper price.

Specially in Negombo to Halawatha & Kuliyapitiya area. There are many ppl do conversions to diesel and get rid of the petrol engine @ less price.

All the best.

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Hi mate,

My KR41 does 10 km per ltr in town. I checked last week. It has done around 10 to 10.5 kms on my way to Kandy. I was in a heavy traffic jam in Kandy and the van with 8 people on board. A/C was on through out the journey.

Managed to beat two Allions and a HONDA EXI in Kadugannawa hill climb :alc:

So all the best for your decision. Please note I use IOC fuel now goes @ Rs.119/=

Check @ outstation places too mate. You may find good motor in cheaper price.

Specially in Negombo to Halawatha & Kuliyapitiya area. There are many ppl do conversions to diesel and get rid of the petrol engine @ less price.

All the best.

Thilak

So m8 u Mean ur Noah runz with the KR 42 Petrol EFI Engine isnt, that's wut u meant by the above beats with allion and Honda?? Anywayz just clarify that to me man, did u mean d Petrol EFI ENgine or the diesel engine?, since my dad adviced me not to do diesel conversions since it reduces the market price of the vehicle.

Thanks Tilak & awaiting ur advice.

So m8 u Mean ur Noah runz with the KR 42 Petrol EFI Engine isnt, that's wut u meant by the above beats with allion and Honda?? Anywayz just clarify that to me man, did u mean d Petrol EFI ENgine or the diesel engine?, since my dad adviced me not to do diesel conversions since it reduces the market price of the vehicle.

Thanks Tilak & awaiting ur advice.

Hi

You R correct. My KR41 runs with KR42 1800CC petrol. It gives me more power and fuel efficiency compaired to earlier original carb motor.

Mate, Converting KR41 or 42 to diesel will not reduce the market price. It certainly increase the value but not like the original diesel price. But somewhere around. I sold my converted KR 42 keeping a considerable margine couple of months before.

I am planning to convert my KR41 too one day. Since I am stuck with some other matters I have to postpone it a little.

It is not like converting a petrol car into diesel. this is a van and many ppl knows it is not a good fuel efficiency vehicle to run with petrol engine. Therefore many ppl look for diesel versions. Due to the price, they even consider properley converted vehicles than original petrol vehicle.

I managed to sell my KR42 converted van within 3 weeks from the day I handovered to one of my friend who owns a vehicle sale.

Kindly note I mentioned in my earlier thread that I managed to beat Allion and Honda, just to show that I am really happy with the power my van has and not that I could beat any of that kinda car. But I really did it as I mentioned. :lol:

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR