• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Matrix Quality And Reliability

ANUSH

Question

Hi Guys,

I posted the same thread on Specific makes[/b]"other" forum of Al but could not get much response other than from Jaga..

I'm hoping to buy a Hyundai Matrix,but have some doubt in the mind.Searched through the net...most of the australians and europeans are claiming that it is good enough for the price we pay,but don't know whether we(Sri lanka) importing the same quality stuff.

Desperately need your responses machan..

8 answers to this question

Hi

DONT BUY A HYUNDAI

i have a very bad exp'ce with a hyundai accent,i used only 3months,but its has given me a basket of trobles,i guess matrix got a 1.6 doch engine,which is very bad on fuel.please dont buy a hyundai,go for a mazda familia,its worth for money

Hey, Just because you had some bad experience with the Accent, I don't think it is correct to give a bad image of the manufacturer.

Read this article on Fortune Magazine (January 2010 issue) and next time think twice before you say something bad. :action-smiley-060:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/04/autos/hyun...rtune/index.htm

Hey, Just because you had some bad experience with the Accent, I don't think it is correct to give a bad image of the manufacturer.

Read this article on Fortune Magazine (January 2010 issue) and next time think twice before you say something bad. :action-smiley-060:

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/04/autos/hyun...rtune/index.htm

Well said, its EXACTLY the kind of idiotic, uninformed attitude that people like smart accu go around displaying that leads to the ridiculous perceptions that the average Sri Lankan buyer has about cars.

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hi

DONT BUY A HYUNDAI

i have a very bad exp'ce with a hyundai accent,i used only 3months,but its has given me a basket of trobles,i guess matrix got a 1.6 doch engine,which is very bad on fuel.please dont buy a hyundai,go for a mazda familia,its worth for money

How old is the accent? and how many owners had it had? Did it come with a full service history?

The problem with cars like the accent in Sri Lanka is that people buy them because they are dirt cheap, skimp on the maintenance and then howl when they start giving issues.

True the old accents were not really upto the standards of the japs at the time, but the new cars coming out of korea have long since met and in some cases even bettered the standards of quality and ability that the japanese for so long assumed were solely their playing field.

Don't make blanket statements about a brand based on one particular car.... it makes you look a little dumb.

Hi Guys,

I posted the same thread on Specific makes[/b]"other" forum of Al but could not get much response other than from Jaga..

I'm hoping to buy a Hyundai Matrix,but have some doubt in the mind.Searched through the net...most of the australians and europeans are claiming that it is good enough for the price we pay,but don't know whether we(Sri lanka) importing the same quality stuff.

Desperately need your responses machan..

on the topic, the matrix is not a bad car for what it is, its spacious and quite practical and you can get them for cheap. The fuel consumption is nowhere near as terrible as some of the sheep on this thread are suggesting, a relative has one with an auto and they get 7 to 8 in town, which is about right for a 1.6 liter automatic.

As with any car, as long as you find one which hasn't been run into the ground by its 10th caring owner it shouldn't give too much trouble.

Having said that, for the money that you pay, unless you specifically need a cheap MPV-ish thing t or you just absolutely love the Matrix, there are a lot of other options out there.

P.S. Matrixes are never easy to sell, mostly thanks to people like the gentleman who made post number 3 on this thread.

Edited by Supra_Natural

on the topic, the matrix is not a bad car for what it is, its spacious and quite practical and you can get them for cheap. The fuel consumption is nowhere near as terrible as some of the sheep on this thread are suggesting, a relative has one with an auto and they get 7 to 8 in town, which is about right for a 1.6 liter automatic.

As with any car, as long as you find one which hasn't been run into the ground by its 10th caring owner it shouldn't give too much trouble.

Having said that, for the money that you pay, unless you specifically need a cheap MPV-ish thing t or you just absolutely love the Matrix, there are a lot of other options out there.

P.S. Matrixes are never easy to sell, mostly thanks to people like the gentleman who made post number 3 on this thread.

thnx for your reply.I realy changed my mind and decided to look for a wagon.Will go for a Nissan AD wagon(Y-11) which is in the same price range.Many thanks again for all the replies and all of u friends.