• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car Between 3.5 - 4 Mil

rangerover

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best car for u will be a MAZDA3/ AXELA

dont go for Subaru b4 RSK, its not easy to maintain plus you need an extra petrol tank :) very hard to sell too.

buying an allion is like cash, buy it use it, next day put on paper, day after its sold.

Mazda Axela/3 got style, very stable car, within your budget, not hard to sell either I sold mine in a week after i put an ad on autolanka (which i regret selling :( ).

Honda Fit Aria is quite an econo car but too toyish.

from one compact car (corolla) to another (mazda3) isn't exactly an upgrade. but if range rover is intrested in a "small" upgrade in terms of driving excitement and nice looks then mazda3 is a good choice.

the 2004 subaru legacy in kirulapona is my friends. he is expecting 3.75 mil for it. its a manual 2000cc done about 70000 km i guess. car is in superb shape. does quite well on fuel as well. to what i remember it did about 8km/l within city and 11km/l on a long run!!!!

i don't know whether we're talking about the same car but not so long ago there was a manual legacy b4 rsk in seemigly good condition for lot less than your budget. personally i find the legacy bit too boy racer type and bit crude (exterior and interior), that is why i suggested skyline V35 to you. but in terms of driving pleasure i am sure subaru is a notch ahead. but i am also sure subaru will be more costly to run.

isuru...bro u have bought a new ride aint ya ? superb bro...congrats...send me some pics of it will ya....all da best !

Why isnt a mark2 good value for money? is it the price vs options or fuel economy

I have been very curious about the new mazdas as they look stunning. Any comments on maintanance, comfort, drivability and most importantly ease of resale?

Maintanance same as every Jap, cheap and easy, Good Comfort, Its really a good car for driving, yes easy to sell but not easy as Toyotas. I sold my Mazda Axela in a week after put an ad on autolanka :) ( I really regret though) Now driving an IST, comparing to it, Mazda is farrrrrrrrr better, its sooo smoooth and comfortable.

Planning to buy a Mazda bit later :)

If you are going for a Mazda go for an Axela Either White, Titnaium Grey or Black.

oh man Rangerove have you laready given up on euro's???? 'm sure you'll be able to find a good A4 for that kinda money.

if you to go down the jap path toyota Verosa, nissan laurel will be an interesting buy

I havent totaly given up on that. However given the fact that i sold my 121 within 2 hours of advertising on autolanka, i hate to wait for months to sell a e46 or an A4. But if i come across a well used one i sure will take a dive

Im very interested in the verossa, only issue is that since it was out of production few years after introduction, parts would be difficult to source, so would resale.

hmm since it's against the forum rules can't put out a lot here but i do know of a V35, in the same color that might be up for sale for the right offer!

pics of that car are on my flickr page :)

saw the pictures. Can you let me know the details of the owner, who wants to sell it? how much is he asking for this baby?

I havent totaly given up on that. However given the fact that i sold my 121 within 2 hours of advertising on autolanka, i hate to wait for months to sell a e46 or an A4. But if i come across a well used one i sure will take a dive

As VVTi rightfuly put it, it's a compramise you have to make for a whole different experience.

Im very interested in the verossa, only issue is that since it was out of production few years after introduction, parts would be difficult to source, so would resale.

Verosa share mechanical parts with the Crown. so you may not have too many issues but body parts will be a whole different story.

saw the pictures. Can you let me know the details of the owner, who wants to sell it? how much is he asking for this baby?

will pm you mate! it's against rules to do that sorta thing here

update

seems that pm doesn't work for you mate!

Edited by Ripper

Any idea why the 2003/04 mark2 is cheaper than allion?

1) perception.

any common folk knows the allion. mark2 you have to talk and explain that it is a better car.

2) fuel consumption.

sri lankans have not heard of "total cost of ownership" they think only fuel is the cost.

3) ease of maintenance.

4) speculation.

allion is an investment tool and is in it's own buuble right now.

1) perception.

any common folk knows the allion. mark2 you have to talk and explain that it is a better car.

2) fuel consumption.

sri lankans have not heard of "total cost of ownership" they think only fuel is the cost.

3) ease of maintenance.

4) speculation.

allion is an investment tool and is in it's own buuble right now.

Its a nice car though, like so many other good cars that are either rear or under valued in SL because of market perceptions as you mentioned

Geez man just two hours? thats pretty darn quick. Was it under-priced? :mellow: I bet selling a beemer or an audi wont be as fast but yet the good ones don't stay long. They get grabbed pretty quick. Specially the 320D's.. Audi, Volvo and Peugeot tend to take longer comparatively to mercs and beemers from my understanding.