• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 13 Camber

sira

Hi

anybody Know how can i adjust the camber angle on FB13 car?

Sira

even im expecting an answer from someone... ive got a FB14 and when i went to align the front wheels they said me that my camber is out (some 1.20) and he wanted to remove the shock absorber and do some modifications so that it will be fine.

can anyone recommend this modification? ( I went to Amila @ karagampitiya and they dnt have computerized alignment)

Thanx

even im expecting an answer from someone... ive got a FB14 and when i went to align the front wheels they said me that my camber is out (some 1.20) and he wanted to remove the shock absorber and do some modifications so that it will be fine.

can anyone recommend this modification? ( I went to Amila @ karagampitiya and they dnt have computerized alignment)

Thanx

camberf.th.jpg

camber adjustment is not posible with some setups and yes of course same applies for FB13. When the original height (distance X in the diagram) reduces (due to reduction of the coil tention) camber position goes negative. Some vehicles, this can be adjusted either through lower arm or at the hub fixing point (two red pivoting positions). Ideally you're suppose to change the coil springs or re-tention the springs (haven't heard of a place in SL does this) and replace ball joints, lower arm bushes and original camber position can be achieved if lower arm and Mcperson struts are straight (not damaged due to any reason)

there's a modification carry out by most garages and some wheel alignment places to adress the camber issue without changing coil, shock absober or any other suspension parts. This is the modification i got done to the lancer C12 when the same happened.

given two red pivoting positions in the diagram has fixed nut and bolt arrangement. What they do is sourcing a bolt and a washer of a different type and a small welding job where they fix a "L" shape metal onto the bolting hole there in the hub and extending the hole which is originally there for fixing the bolt. Washer too will be welded fixed to the bolt and now when the bolt turns it changes the distance to the guide in the "L" shape metal. With this arrangement, you can change camber in/out regardless of how healthy of other suspension parts.

entire job costs me 2500/- about an year ago.

camberf.th.jpg

camber adjustment is not posible with some setups and yes of course same applies for FB13. When the original height (distance X in the diagram) reduces (due to reduction of the coil tention) camber position goes negative. Some vehicles, this can be adjusted either through lower arm or at the hub fixing point (two red pivoting positions). Ideally you're suppose to change the coil springs or re-tention the springs (haven't heard of a place in SL does this) and replace ball joints, lower arm bushes and original camber position can be achieved if lower arm and Mcperson struts are straight (not damaged due to any reason)

there's a modification carry out by most garages and some wheel alignment places to adress the camber issue without changing coil, shock absober or any other suspension parts. This is the modification i got done to the lancer C12 when the same happened.

given two red pivoting positions in the diagram has fixed nut and bolt arrangement. What they do is sourcing a bolt and a washer of a different type and a small welding job where they fix a "L" shape metal onto the bolting hole there in the hub and extending the hole which is originally there for fixing the bolt. Washer too will be welded fixed to the bolt and now when the bolt turns it changes the distance to the guide in the "L" shape metal. With this arrangement, you can change camber in/out regardless of how healthy of other suspension parts.

entire job costs me 2500/- about an year ago.

thanks for the info mate. they said me that it will cost around 2000 rupees.

thanks for the info mate. they said me that it will cost around 2000 rupees.

if it's including recon nuts and bolts (recon stuff bought from used spare parts joints are better than low quality Taiwan nut's and bolts available for buying brand new) and everything it's worthy, go for it.

if it's including recon nuts and bolts (recon stuff bought from used spare parts joints are better than low quality Taiwan nut's and bolts available for buying brand new) and everything it's worthy, go for it.

thanks.. will get it done during next weekend!

can you recommend a place where i can get it done?

I got it done from a place between Boralesgamuwa and Piliyandala alongside 120 bus route call Harsha Wheel Alignment. But I think most of the alignment places do this. There's another place in highlevel road but I can't recall the name of the place. It's located towards right hand side passing Malapalla junction and before Kandos factory.

I got it done from a place between Boralesgamuwa and Piliyandala alongside 120 bus route call Harsha Wheel Alignment. But I think most of the alignment places do this. There's another place in highlevel road but I can't recall the name of the place. It's located towards right hand side passing Malapalla junction and before Kandos factory.

Thanx mate.... Will check out!