• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Green Test

Nishan.dj

Question

Hello everyone..

I got the vehicle emission test for my jeep (4DR5-J44) and here is the image of it. 84143994.jpg

If someone can tell me how and what it says I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Nishan

Edited by Nishan.dj

17 answers to this question

Let me add the bit I know. One that counts is the K factor. That is the opacity of the smoke on sudden accleleration. I on my 4dr5 jeep failed the test onece cos K factor was 4. something. Pressuring and cleaning the injectors solved the problem. Mine reads close to you.

What's the YOM on your jeeps? Ours is a 1969 model and hence, doesnt need a Emission test. I dont quite remember the exact cut-off YOM, but would be good to just check on that.

Hi Dilesh, I don't understand why are the older vehicles excepmted from the test. I mean the logic behind it. any Idea?

Wonder whether the green test applies on CTB buses :)

Hi Dilesh, I don't understand why are the older vehicles excepmted from the test. I mean the logic behind it. any Idea?

The public logic is that older cars were made before manufacturers started paying attention to emission control so it might not have been made to as clean a standard.

See - Story of the Nissan Z car. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Fairlady_Z_(series)

Not that it helps too much- but i know the Cleanco/Drive Green results sheet has a "standard" or benchmarked table for the emissions, to compare with...so if you can find someone who recently did the test with Cleanco (with a similar vehicle), you may be able to figure out the the thresholds...

Let me add the bit I know. One that counts is the K factor. That is the opacity of the smoke on sudden accleleration. I on my 4dr5 jeep failed the test onece cos K factor was 4. something. Pressuring and cleaning the injectors solved the problem. Mine reads close to you.

Thanks Lanka.. So each number explains something isn't it?

What's the YOM on your jeeps? Ours is a 1969 model and hence, doesnt need a Emission test. I dont quite remember the exact cut-off YOM, but would be good to just check on that.

My jeeps YOM is 1975 - March. Anyway later I found I won't require one because those vehicles that were registered before 1975 - December are not required to have a green test. But I could get some idea about the Fuel efficiency by taking one I guess... :)

The public logic is that older cars were made before manufacturers started paying attention to emission control so it might not have been made to as clean a standard.

See - Story of the Nissan Z car. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Fairlady_Z_(series)

Thanks Pericles... that's really helpful

I spoke to RMV if you have repair the engine newly you dnt have to get the green test.... with my experince give them 500 bucks they will give you the certificate...... :alc:

Those F.... dnt know how get the correct RPM..When I was there They tried hard on one vehical & engine got stuck... They try to get 4000 in RPM & keep it for 5 to 10 mnts..old vehicles cant do that.. but they think that they know everything ......

Those F.... dnt know how get the correct RPM..When I was there They tried hard on one vehical & engine got stuck... They try to get 4000 in RPM & keep it for 5 to 10 mnts..old vehicles cant do that.. but they think that they know everything ......

Yup, they do try to floor the accelerator on every vehicle. We took a 4DR5, we were scared the engine might blow up or something lol, so we told them, but they told they were told so buy the RMV. Anyways any idea what might be the max RPM on old vehicles like 4DR5s and all?

I spoke to RMV if you have repair the engine newly you dnt have to get the green test.... with my experince give them 500 bucks they will give you the certificate...... :alc:

What do they mean by "repair the engine"? as i know the only exception are brand new cars for the 1st year, and then the old vehicles. Cos else everyone can simply claim that thier engine was "repaired" recently...

5-10 minutes? you've seriously got your numbers wrong... its nothing more than 10-15 seconds at the high rev and they drop back to idle. thye take about 3 such peak readings and average them out. And if i remember right, on our vehicles (diesel cars) they go to about 2600-3000rpm.. thats it... And I agree they might have had a few cock-ups at the start of the testing system a year or so back, but i'm sure they've done enough tests to know how high they should rev each engine..

On a side note, honestly why would you want to bribe them 500 bucks when you can pay 250 more and get your engine assessed to see if it really needs to be tuned up.. you'll surely save more than 250 bucks during that year of running. I used to think the same way too, but the test can help YOU too besides just Laughs or Drive-green.

Edited by Dilesh

10 Mins??

It didn't take 10 mins for me to doe the whole test, pay, receipt, certificate and drive away for the Double Cab....

Looks like you haven't even been th to one place for a test. The one in Bamba behind MC is always quick.

No bro when I spoke to them If we can submit the bills from a recognize place...like Ediri......... they will not need the smoke test...

I went to a place near Gam5. They said they have to get RPM 4000 in my jeep.....

Then after I spoke & told the manager that I have repair it recently they agreed to keep it for 3000.

After That I went with one of my friends to get one for his car... 15 Sri Carina... They tried more than 10 mins.... dont know y?

10 Mins??

It didn't take 10 mins for me to doe the whole test, pay, receipt, certificate and drive away for the Double Cab....

Looks like you haven't even been th to one place for a test. The one in Bamba behind MC is always quick.

Yup agreed.. got it done yesterday drive-green on marine drive. took me just about 10mins for the whole thing (the test itseld took no more than 2mins). I prefer their service compared to Laugfs. Friendly staff .

Edited by megatron