• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dvd Writer Problem

MkX

Guys I have a problem with my DVD writer. about 4 weeks ago I write 2 dvds and didn't had any issue. But two days back when I put writable DVD it does not recognize the format. It says insert a CD. My system now recognize the DVD writer as a DVD + CD writer (combo drive) not as a DVD writer.

I tired to reinstall drivers but not luck. I am so confused what has gone wrong with the device. Any suggestions? My last options is to install the windows again and see. But what if it din't work? Make is Samsung.

Guys I have a problem with my DVD writer. about 4 weeks ago I write 2 dvds and didn't had any issue. But two days back when I put writable DVD it does not recognize the format. It says insert a CD. My system now recognize the DVD writer as a DVD + CD writer (combo drive) not as a DVD writer.

I tired to reinstall drivers but not luck. I am so confused what has gone wrong with the device. Any suggestions? My last options is to install the windows again and see. But what if it din't work? Make is Samsung.

hard to answer without ur OS and other hardware..

even if it detects as a combo. it should detect blank DVD-RW's.. one remedy that works most of the time is that i am asuming this is a desktop. take the cable off then writer and restart the machine. go to device manager and take off the dvd writter if its still there. shut down the machine replug the dvd writer and let winodws detect it again..

also uninstall any samung software u have installed on the machine as well before u re plug the writer..