• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Battery.......... Need Help Please

3000cc

Hi guys...

Need huge help...... Im really stuck..

Guys

I bought 2 batteries 4 months a go... (90) nw its driving me nuts...

1.Had few issues in charing... (Replace the Alternator.. Then did the full wiring...

Now When I was on my way there was a sudden issue in a battry terminal in one battery & One terminal ( Battery Kanuwa) got half way burnt... There was a battery shop close by went there they did refill the terminal...

1. Since It's only 4 months can I claim for a new battey from the company?

2. Or refilling the terminal is a long lasting method?

Hi guys...

Need huge help...... Im really stuck..

Guys

I bought 2 batteries 4 months a go... (90) nw its driving me nuts...

1.Had few issues in charing... (Replace the Alternator.. Then did the full wiring...

Now When I was on my way there was a sudden issue in a battry terminal in one battery & One terminal ( Battery Kanuwa) got half way burnt... There was a battery shop close by went there they did refill the terminal...

1. Since It's only 4 months can I claim for a new battey from the company?

2. Or refilling the terminal is a long lasting method?

Sir,

There is nothing wrong in refilling battery Terminal post Did they used a carbon rod and lead to refill battery post Using same battery current? I have done this for last so many years filling the terminal post Yes is a long lasting method if it is done correctly.

Please get a Professional and get your Alternator charging system checked up it should be Maximum 14 or 14.5 Volts Dc do you have a IC regulator in build in the alternator or Electric magnetic regulator out side.

Good alternator repair shop will help you on the matter do not worry of the battery terminal post.

Wijesinghe.

I did it... Just figured out there was a connection issue in the terminal wire.... got it fixed yesterday... Today I tried to start the vehicle...but couldn't .. then replace the that battery with my friends one & it works....

& Figured out terminal bar is not steady... its shaking

I did it... Just figured out there was a connection issue in the terminal wire.... got it fixed yesterday... Today I tried to start the vehicle...but couldn't .. then replace the that battery with my friends one & it works....

& Figured out terminal bar is not steady... its shaking

Sir,

I think your battery terminal is giving a problem from the inside of the battery cell as for your last post.

Go back to the agent( BATTERY SHOP) from whom you got your Battery as it is under guarantee you will be able to get a new one.

Wijesinghe.

Tnx Bro.I'll check with him & keep your'll posted

What is the type of your battery? (Manufacturer)

I'm not sure whether they will replace the battery because damages to the terminal is mostly due to loosen lugs. usually Its not a fault of the battery. Seems you have a 24V system on your vehicle.

What is the type of your battery? (Manufacturer)

I'm not sure whether they will replace the battery because damages to the terminal is mostly due to loosen lugs. usually Its not a fault of the battery. Seems you have a 24V system on your vehicle.

Sir,

If Battery is under 6 months most new battery agent's give you a new replacement battery. Where did you buy your two battery's.

It is the duty of the battery shop to check Battery lug is fitting well in to the old terminal with the wire. Most old terminals with wire after some time they become loose.

When new battery's are fitted by the agent (BATTERY SHOP) his duty is to check new battery + or - post which they fix old terminals are in good serviceable condition some battery shops for loose battery terminals use thin guage copper tape and tighten them which is not correct you have to solder new terminals to battery connecting wire. To get a good connection grip.

This problem may have started due to loose battery terminal.

If battery shop refuses to give a new battery or do a proper repair to your battery you can complain to the consumer protection authority at Colombo 00200 with your complain

Wijesinghe

It's a Global 90

Sir,

I find you have bought a Global 2 battery's from Mr, Don.

I hope you got my personal message Contact Mr, Junior Don at Colombo 00200 he comes little later to Colombo 00200 shop he is living in Wattala I have been buying battery's from his farther and after his father's death few years ago from this young chap. he is a very honest person.

If it is Global I think this is a imported battery he has three battery service men fair young boy who is his chief man very good person who understand about battery's.

If you need any help from me you can contact me on 2573690/0712222420. as today is still people are celebrating new year I do not know he is open or not. Mr, Junior don is a Catholic like my self he may open today. I am available on the phone.

Wijesinghe.

Spoke to the company hot line.They asked me to send the batteries :violent-smiley-030: ........ will c.......... hope for the best......

Sir,

Follow up if not they will try to say some fault of yours and try to get out of the issue.

If they do that only solution is go to the Consumer protection authority as this two battery's are still under guaranty.

Wijesinghe.

• 3 weeks later...

They says there is nothing wrong with the battery........... & there is something wrong with the my charging system.....

But they have given me a service battery from that I'm running for more than one month without an issue...guys please advice.......................

They says there is nothing wrong with the battery........... & there is something wrong with the my charging system.....

But they have given me a service battery from that I'm running for more than one month without an issue...guys please advice.......................

Sir,

If service battery is working is working for one month that means there is nothing wrong with your Electrical charging system of your Vehicle.

What your problem was battery post was shaking from inside the call of the battery as for your earlier posts.

If they have corrected the lug matter then get that battery back and fix same and use and see any adverse developments will come up.

Keep posting your developments with the faulty battery.

Wijesinghe.

Thats is the main thing .............. but a Guy called Gamage The person who is handling Battery Mobile service cant understand that simple truth in Dougles & sons

Sir,

Can you get in touch with me over the Phone My numbers are 2573690.0712222420. Or leave your Telephone number on the Forum I will call you.

Wijesinghe.

Keep the service battery. :angry-smiley-048:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys Be carefull if your'll are buying any stuff which the srilankan Agent is Dougles & Sons.............

there are like a government department...still couldn't get slove my battery issue....................

Can't even think that this is a private company............ :violent-smiley-099:

Guys Be carefull if your'll are buying any stuff which the srilankan Agent is Dougles & Sons.............

there are like a government department...still couldn't get slove my battery issue....................

Can't even think that this is a private company............ :violent-smiley-099:

Really sorry to hear your predicament. Only option is to complain to the Consumer Protection Authority. You can get details by calling 1919.[govt. dept. info help desk]

• 2 weeks later...