• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Tune-up For Fb15

lakshi2005ster

Hi,

I have Nissan FB15. (Purchased 3 months back) It dose only 9 – 10 KM per litter in city and outstation also bit same with A/C. But my friend’s car (FB 15) is doing more than 12 Km per liter in city limits. Is it possible to increase the number of Km per l if I do an engine tune-up? If yes. Where can I do that? And how much it will cost?

Or

How do I increase the number of Km per l ?

unsure.gif

Do i have to clean the plugs or some other parts.

Thanks

Lakshitha

Hi,

I have Nissan FB15. (Purchased 3 months back) It dose only 9 – 10 KM per litter in city and outstation also bit same with A/C. But my friend’s car (FB 15) is doing more than 12 Km per liter in city limits. Is it possible to increase the number of Km per l if I do an engine tune-up? If yes. Where can I do that? And how much it will cost?

Or

How do I increase the number of Km per l ?

unsure.gif

Do i have to clean the plugs or some other parts.

Thanks

Lakshitha

welcome on board mate. I feel that there's nothing wrong in your car as you're getting 9-10 in city. Comparing with your friend's car isn't the best bet to judge your car's fuel efficiency. Coz two figures can be different

1. if your friend drives a manual where yours could be auto

2. Engine capacity may differ.

3. Driving patterns traffic patterns may differ.

There are more reasons for having different figures on different cars of the same model. However, if u really really want to give it a try to increase fuel efficiency, start by cleaning or changing the air cleaner element, failing which you can think of cleaning injectors and plugs and drives the car with eco light on (available on FB15 super saloon) as much as possible.

But think twice whether its worth the hassle.

Edited by harshansenadhir

welcome on board mate. I feel that there's nothing wrong in your car as you're getting 9-10 in city. Comparing with your friend's car isn't the best bet to judge your car's fuel efficiency. Coz two figures can be different

1. if your friend drives a manual where yours could be auto

2. Engine capacity may differ.

3. Driving patterns traffic patterns may differ.

There are more reasons for having different figures on different cars of the same model. However, if u really really want to give it a try to increase fuel efficiency, start by cleaning or changing the air cleaner element, failing which you can think of cleaning injectors and plugs and drives the car with eco light on (available on FB15 super saloon) as much as possible.

But think twice whether its worth the hassle.

Hi Harshan,

Thanks for the update buddy, Both cars are auto and engine capacity also the same, but next line :action-smiley-060: One thing I wanna know brother, is it necessary to clean injectors and plugs once in a year or what will be the time period? because I didn't do any injectors and plugs cleaning and i don' no when the last time that did?

I heard this "Auto Miraj Fast Fit" at Rathmalana, those people are doing injector and plug cleaning using a machine. they use special oil to clean this. it will cost around Rs.5500.00 :blink: do you have any idea about this? what is the best way to clean injectors and plugs, using a machine or manual method?

Lakshitha

Hi Harshan,

Thanks for the update buddy, Both cars are auto and engine capacity also the same, but next line :action-smiley-060: One thing I wanna know brother, is it necessary to clean injectors and plugs once in a year or what will be the time period? because I didn't do any injectors and plugs cleaning and i don' no when the last time that did?

I heard this "Auto Miraj Fast Fit" at Rathmalana, those people are doing injector and plug cleaning using a machine. they use special oil to clean this. it will cost around Rs.5500.00 :blink: do you have any idea about this? what is the best way to clean injectors and plugs, using a machine or manual method?

Lakshitha

not necessary to clean injectors every year and removing them and cleaning them frequently is again asking for trouble imho. Cleaning them every 50k or 40k interval makes more sense. If your car tuned to optimum then there's no necessity to clean spark plugs coz there won't be carbon deposits. However removing them and inspect and ensure the required clearance is maintained would be better.

Personally i don't go after such ads and do injector cleaning very carefully especially removing them and fixing. Last time my mechanic gave it to a place where they carry out ultra sound injector cleaning and as i told you, we carefully removed without damaging any of rubber washers around and after cleaning they gave them back on a sealed pack. Charge was 3500 or something close.

Also i'm against the idea of running the engine using injector cleaning adhesive as it sends all deposits into the cylinder and no need to say about the potential damage/clogging of the catalytic converter.

Edited by harshansenadhir

• 7 years later...
  • 4 years later...