• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tinted Glasses

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it can safely be said that no one really knows :action-smiley-060:

Sir,

Police have a meter they hold the meter inside the vehicle and take a reading if it is within their specified amount it is OK.

Now Emergency regulations are relaxed I don't think Police take action on same.

Any way you can Telephone City traffic OIC OR ANY HIGHER OFFICER TO GET A CLARIFICATION.

I have in my Vehicle 3M tinted rear Glasses are little bit dark front two Glasses are not that much.

TWO YEARS AGO POLICE CHECKED MINE AT R.A.DE. MEL MAWATHA NEAR DIKMENS ROAD traffic lights.

kleen Park at Darly Road end opposite old Gamini Cinema Hall 3M tinting center Mr Peris is in charge their center.

He will advice you on same. They are expensive because 3m TINT is UV BLOCK AND HEAT RESISTANT .

At Darly Road many people will do tint at very low cost than 3M.

You can buy the Tint at opposite Mt -lavina Courts from Shanthi Plastic Sales point they have number of shades they cut and sell from big roles.

You can buy what the amount you want and do it your self if you know the way of doing same. 1 meter will be few hundred Rupees.

Wijesinghe.

Sir,

Police have a meter they hold the meter inside the vehicle and take a reading if it is within their specified amount it is OK.

Any way you can Telephone City traffic OIC OR ANY HIGHER OFFICER TO GET A CLARIFICATION.

I have in my Vehicle 3M tinted rear Glasses are little bit dark front two Glasses are not that much.

TWO YEARS AGO POLICE CHECKED MINE AT R.A.DE. MEL MAWATHA NEAR DIKMENS ROAD traffic lights.

kleen Park at Darly Road end opposite old Gamini Cinema Hall 3M tinting center Mr Peris is in charge their center.

He will advice you on same. They are expensive because 3m TINT is UV BLOCK AND HEAT RESISTANT .

You can buy the Tint at opposite Mt -lavina Courts from Shanthi Plastic Sales point they have number of shades they cut and sell from big roles.

You can buy what the amount you want and do it your self if you know the way of doing same. 1 meter will be few hundred Rupees.

Wijesinghe.

Hi

Last week one of my friend's car stopped by city traffic near Bamba and they ask to remove tinted in front door glasses. They took his driving license and gave a temporary receipt for 14 days. City traffic told him that you cannot apply any kind of tinted papers on front door glasses. I also asked one of my friend who work for police and he also said that there is a rule like that. This will heart,

Lakshitha

Hi

Last week one of my friend's car stopped by city traffic near Bamba and they ask to remove tinted in front door glasses. They took his driving license and gave a temporary receipt for 14 days. City traffic told him that you cannot apply any kind of tinted papers on front door glasses. I also asked one of my friend who work for police and he also said that there is a rule like that. This will heart,

Lakshitha

Does your friends name happen to be Chinthana? :D

Something around 15k last i checked a couple of years ago.

I checked this in Kandy Sun Lanka, they said they use high quality (3M if i'm not mistaken) meterial with 2 or 3 years gurantee. Cost was around 9,000.

4 doors, rear glass and about 10 inches strip for front windscreen

I checked this in Kandy Sun Lanka, they said they use high quality (3M if i'm not mistaken) meterial with 2 or 3 years gurantee. Cost was around 9,000.

4 doors, rear glass and about 10 inches strip for front windscreen

I got 3M clear crystalline tint on the front windscreen & doors, and dark tint at the back, at KP. It cost me about 32k 1 year ago.

I got 3M clear crystalline tint on the front windscreen & doors, and dark tint at the back, at KP. It cost me about 32k 1 year ago.

Sir,

I checked up today with Kleen Park for 3M tinting will be any thing more than 17000.00 Rupees and for Vans around Rupees 25000.00. PRESENT QUOTATION. if you want a quality job go to K/P.

All my Building windows I use Shanthi plastic Tint. For Vehicles I use 3M tint.

Wijesinghe.

i did the tint for our hilux cab from KP...it was pretty good front windscreen is 12k+.whole thing was 17k

would recommend to any. there are 4 kinds of tints for the side windows only 2 are legal according to them so much darker once they said need a permit or sumtin

FYI

http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/3...ts-banned-.html

This article was in today's paper, so no more tinted glasses for front it seems :-)

~sanjaya

Sir,

Wijesinghe.

As per Sunday Times / Daily Mirror

Front window tints banned

Sunday, 09 May 2010 13:30

The police have begun tracking down vehicles that have any kind of tinted glass in the front windows on a directive from the Ministry of Defence which states only clear glass should appear in the front windows of all vehicles.

As per Sunday Times / Daily Mirror

Front window tints banned

Sunday, 09 May 2010 13:30

The police have begun tracking down vehicles that have any kind of tinted glass in the front windows on a directive from the Ministry of Defence which states only clear glass should appear in the front windows of all vehicles.

WTF????

even after the bloody ltte was decimated????

this is crazy!!!!

even with ltte rocking the boat they allowed 30% or something...now with almost no threat they go on and do this????

jeeez!!!! these guys are thoroughly jobless i think....

and here i was thinking of fully tinting mine after the full paint job :(:violent-smiley-099:

And for country like us where sun directly pointing ahead a dark tint would help to reduce the load on A/C. I am sure if we can do the exact calculations for whole country on fuel bill we can have significant save there ^_^

So I think like the green test, there should be a policy to have dark tint in vehicles :D

WTF????

this is crazy!!!!

even with ltte rocking the boat they allowed 30% or something...now with almost no threat they go on and do this????

and here i was thinking of fully tinting mine after the full paint job :(:violent-smiley-099:

Youre right mate...utterly jobless buggers.........

And the best part is, only the front windows 'have to be' totally clear..............so they can look to see if the driver

is a terroristy looikin fella..or felly..... :lol:

Those in the back can be hidden from view........terrorist or not.

Bloody Jokers!!!!

Youre right mate...utterly jobless buggers.........

And the best part is, only the front windows 'have to be' totally clear..............so they can look to see if the driver

is a terroristy looikin fella..or felly..... :lol:

Those in the back can be hidden from view........terrorist or not.

Bloody Jokers!!!!

yeah...by the time they see through the side window a terrorist would have blown his ass up already taking out the cop or whoever with him

i aint no defence expert but this is really retarded!

when did terrorist dude came in tinted vehicles and pulled up a stunt?

they always used bikes, tuk tuks or commercial vehicles minus any tints...

if at all tints attract attention while the easiest way to get about terrorizing is blending in with the crowd and not standing out at all...

Land like no other truly it is! :violent-smiley-099:

ps... a friend was saying maybe this is due to that stupid indian film awards thing

Edited by Ripper

yeah...by the time they see through the side window a terrorist would have blown his ass up already taking out the cop or whoever with him

i aint no defence expert but this is really retarded!

when did terrorist dude came in tinted vehicles and pulled up a stunt?

they always used bikes, tuk tuks or commercial vehicles minus any tints...

if at all tints attract attention while the easiest way to get about terrorizing is blending in with the crowd and not standing out at all...

Land like no other truly it is! :violent-smiley-099:

ps... a friend was saying maybe this is due to that stupid indian film awards thing

Hmmmm your friend could be right......either that or its to make the so called 'V*P's' in our country

feel 'special' riding around in cars with tinted windows.

If the awards thing is such a concern, they should do up the bloody roads in the capital as well........

I actually prefer driving outsattion as the roads are way better.

But lets not go off topic here......

WTF????

this is crazy!!!!

u got that right machan... bloody jobless.....whoever took this decision is one dumb-ass moron....

severe checking around colombo for the tints. Just removed the tints on both my front windows..damn hot to drive around without them and AC needs to be in full blast. I just didnt want to argue with the cops and also go through the hassle of going to the god forsaken cop shed to collect my license, just saving all the hassle.

Feel kinda exposed without the tints..and vulnarable too if you are driving around with someone you wouldnt want others to see... :P