• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Change Of Tyre Size

tombo

Sounds Good. But before you fix, please check the new tyre diameter and gap between the mud guard.

This will help to you..

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...777&hl=tyre

Good point mate, but the difference between said two sizes is 10mm. Not a significant size diff to worry about inner side of the mud guard.

What are the factory recommendation with regarding the change of Tyre size. do they allow it

You will outrun factory recommendation if you change tire sizes significantly, i.e change the rim size and balloon size significantly so to speak.

Repercussions of such significant change will be differences in speedo meter and odo meter readings ( larger the size of the tire, smaller the reading simply), tire will rub against inner wheel arch even for slightest pay load, reduce life time of hub bearings, factory setting brake force might not sufficient to stop the vehicle and variations in fuel efficiency.

Having said that, difference you mentioned is negligible and not very significant.

i've been running R13 185's in my ae100 sprinter for years now without any noticeable drawbacks.

If at all i think i have fat better braking power than what i had with stock tyres on...

not too bothered about fuel cos these cars are quite economical anyways :)

i've been running R13 185's in my ae100 sprinter for years now without any noticeable drawbacks.

If at all i think i have fat better braking power than what i had with stock tyres on...

not too bothered about fuel cos these cars are quite economical anyways :)

lucky you haven't changed the rim size. Difference between 155 and 185 is added 3 centimetres from one side to the other on a cross section of the tire. 1.5 centimetre on the radius and calculate the circumference difference. Not much, yeah? However if the rim size is increased from 13 to 14 means one inch means 2.5 centimetre roughly, be it a 14X185, then total difference across a radius will be 4 centimetres and circumference difference from factory setting would be high.

lucky you haven't changed the rim size. Difference between 155 and 185 is added 3 centimetres from one side to the other on a cross section of the tire. 1.5 centimetre on the radius and calculate the circumference difference. Not much, yeah? However if the rim size is increased from 13 to 14 means one inch means 2.5 centimetre roughly, be it a 14X185, then total difference across a radius will be 4 centimetres and circumference difference from factory setting would be high.

dude...you're scaring me :P

didn't like maths that much :) but hell that's good stuff :)

thanks!

dude...you're scaring me :P

didn't like maths that much :) but hell that's good stuff :)

thanks!

Not at all trying to scare you :P. Had I really wanted, would've elaborated the added excess torque on an axis of your wheel bearing due to large tires. Just kidding, there's not much of math here but an elaboration of the tire circumference which makes the difference to the speedo.

I can still give you the 17"... :)

Ahhh !! throw caution to the wind...

the skyline dude @work says that 17's would be too much for my humble ride :(

the riced marino at work has 15 and looks like that's the max you can go for on these cars sadly

Hey guys.... My Carina Ti runs on 175/65R14 which i think is smaller than the factory size... i was thinking of moving to 185/70R14 .... anyone out there running a Carina on this Tyre size ???

I think new tyre size is much comfortable than old size.

Edited by Prami

Some people told me, the type of normal tred pattern tyres can be use (more KMs) more than the type of "V tred" pattern tyres?

Estimation:

Normal Tred Pattern: around 35000 KMs

V Tred Pattern: Around 25000 KMs

Is this correct? And what are the pros and cons of "V tred" pattern tyres.

Edited by Prami