• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Of Nissan Fb 15 Super Saloon 2002

Jude Silva

and there's a myth euro parts are expensive, may be when it comes to body parts. But they compare the used spare price of jap and brand new part of euro. I replaced the starter motor of 406 paying 24k with six months warranty, yes a brand new valeo one. I'm sure a brand new starter motor of a 121 from toyota lanka would be more expensive than that.

A friend with a E46 replaced his alternator at Prestige for 90K with a 3 year warranty. It was a big hit... but later we found out that Nissan Caravan used alternator for a TD27 with no warranty sells for 45K... ;)

So... tell me... what is more expensive?

Its all relative.

Its not that. you cant say its sri lankan mentality that our people always prefer Japanese cars. Even in Dubai majority of the people go for japanese cars. Only locals and europens always buy American and European cars because they want to show some difference. But there is no much second hand value for these heavy cars. Comparing to Eropean spare parts Japanese original spares are much cheaper.

you said it right, dubai locals buy euro and us muscle cars. Immigrants who lives in dubai buys japanese eh? :)

48K to be exact... ;) And that was the cheapest....

A Nissan Caravan VX rear door is 35K.

also i bought crystal head lights of D9 used stuff, 8k per light. Taiwan aftermarket brand new head light 14k per light. Genuine valeo 24k per light. Now compare that too with jap.

We should stop this ot now ;) or else i won't be able to get a good euro at a reasonable price as my next buy.

you said it right, dubai locals buy euro and us muscle cars. Immigrants who lives in dubai buys japanese eh? :)

and in Saudi Corollas are expensive than 7 Series BMWs or S class Mercs.. ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! (10,000 riyal range)

When I was working there, I bought a 1990 Ford T Bird for 4500 riyals, 5 lt V8... sold it after the novelty wore off and bought a 1991 TransAm, 5.7 V8 again, 6500 Riyals. (Sold the T Bird for 4000 riyals). I sold the TransAm for 4500 the day before I left Saudi. But that 60,000 rupee difference was worth the fun I had in her.

A Sri Lankan known to me bought a 1997 AE110 for 17,000 rials!!! Why??? FOR FUEL and resale value!!!!!! Imagine worrying about the fuel costs while living in the worlds biggest oil producer!!

You can take the Sri Lankan from Sri Lanka, but you can't take the Sri Lankan out of the Sri Lankan!!

Prices of Corollas go like this.... a 1990 model base price (used) is 10,000, every model year after wards, add 1000.... believe it or not, this was created by our own guys there.

also i bought crystal head lights of D9 used stuff, 8k per light. Taiwan aftermarket brand new head light 14k per light. Genuine valeo 24k per light. Now compare that too with jap.

We should stop this ot now ;) or else i won't be able to get a good euro at a reasonable price as my next buy.

Ha ha ha!! Yes yes...

Euros... they are really bad!!!! Expensive to maintain.. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

Pissuda bang.... as long as Japs build cars, we don't have to worry.

BTW.... we bought another Euro home... 2007 Fiat Grande Punto! Ferrari Red with DualDrive gearbox. She looks very happy sitting next to her German brother... :)

Will post the pics..

Ha ha ha!! Yes yes...

Euros... they are really bad!!!! Expensive to maintain.. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

Pissuda bang.... as long as Japs build cars, we don't have to worry.

BTW.... we bought another Euro home... 2007 Fiat Grande Punto! Ferrari Red with DualDrive gearbox. She looks very happy sitting next to her German brother... :)

Will post the pics..

congrats on your new purchase. Eastetically designed stuff. Take very good care of her. :)

Edited by harshansenadhir

Its not that. you cant say its sri lankan mentality that our people always prefer Japanese cars. Even in Dubai majority of the people go for japanese cars. Only locals and europens always buy American and European cars because they want to show some difference.

dubai population - locals(a minority in numbers) - europeans - americans = asians and other generally econo minded population of the world

as for your question, i think you have got an ok deal. if the car is really in a good condition not only cosmetically but otherwise too then you might even consider your self lucky. i know too many people who lived in "yester-days" waiting for market prices to come down only find them selves car-less until now or having had to pay lot more than they would have originally had to pay.