• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting To Know About Bmw

MkX

what other manufacturer other than bmw have exceeded 100hp per liter in a diesel production car?

Your looking at hp per liter in a diesel? :) Must be that leftover Honda fanboy in you. I think most people would bother more with the torque number than specific output on a diesel.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your looking at hp per liter in a diesel? :) Must be that leftover Honda fanboy in you. I think most people would bother more with the torque number than specific output on a diesel.

That's not nice Peri... :)

Let the man put a SD22 or a TD27 in his A32 and have his fun!

is this to say bmw lag behind other manufacturers in torque department?

bdw last time i checked honda doesn't produce as good hp per liter as other manufacturers coz they don't do much forced induction. therefore i don't find your comment sensible.

true for diesel engines in general but for a CAR (not trucks) i think diesel turbo engines anyway produce enuf torque and the real icing on the cake is horse power. don't you think so?

I think its a mix of both. Torque enables low gear / heavy load acceleration whilst BHP helps in high gear. So ya, bhp may be like icing on the cake like you said but is essentail. Probably icing on a chocolate cake :rolleyes:

is this to say bmw lag behind other manufacturers in torque department?

bdw last time i checked honda doesn't produce as good hp per liter as other manufacturers coz they don't do much forced induction. therefore i don't find your comment sensible.

I think you'll find that the post was criticizing the way you looked at diesels, not criticizing any performance number produced by BMW.

i think diesel turbo engines anyway produce enuf torque and the real icing on the cake is horse power. don't you think so?

No.

You can take it from someone who drives a high horsepower, low torque engined car. Specially since I've also driven the a car with the same series engine with higher displacement and greater torque.

No.

You can take it from someone who drives a high horsepower, low torque engined car. Specially since I've also driven the a car with the same series engine with higher displacement and greater torque.

Yep just like Peri says low end torque is what you need for everyday use....

1. More torque (330nm)and 150 bhp (I felt a big difference in performance between the 318i and my 320d)

2. 14km/l in the city (i saw it on the trip comp before buying)

3. Fully loaded - Most 318i are not fully loaded as owners had to pay full prices unlike permit imported diesels (few facelift diesels)

4. I loved the black and beige two tone

5. less than 38k km's with perferct interior and exterior condition

6. Was adviced it is very much reliable than the older e46 diesel. Far smoother and way less noisy being common rail

7. And the 6 speed gear box (according to prestige, the only 3 series they know of )

Hey Rangerover,

Yours wouldn't be the black e46 parked at JK would it ?

Cheers,

I think you'll find that the post was criticizing the way you looked at diesels, not criticizing any performance number produced by BMW.

i was talking about why i call bmw best in diesel, at least for cars. they don't have a problem with torque (no need to state the obvious) but they excel in horse power. end of the story.

Ah that's nice :) But you mean only one 328i in the whole country?? :o

How much do they cost, the large capacity Inline 6s?

There are 4 325i that I know of, and I'm sure there's gotta be at lest two 328i.

Just for the record, the Six pot will cost an arm and a leg if it is in good shape (despite you knowing the owner). Also, guys owning them are not willing to sell. If the weather holds up, I will be getting my hands on a 325i by this time tomorrow. :D

Edited by Bugatti