• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting To Know About Bmw

MkX

There are 4 325i that I know of, and I'm sure there's gotta be at lest two 328i.

Just for the record, the Six pot will cost an arm and a leg if it is in good shape (despite you knowing the owner). Also, guys owning them are not willing to sell. If the weather holds up, I will be getting my hands on a 325i by this time tomorrow. :D

Well not bad at all for SL, considering the huge taxes they'd have got :) But no M3s nah?

Hmmm, that's wierd cuz I thought that all petrol E36 3 series other than 316i and 318i came in 6 cylinders? :o Maybe I'm mistaken then

Oh that's great, lucky I must say :D So what are you going to do with it? Care to put up the price too if not against rules? wink.gif

Edit - Assuming this isn't sold, not bad nah? http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=23280

Edited by BLu3HaZe

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are 4 325i that I know of, and I'm sure there's gotta be at lest two 328i.

Just for the record, the Six pot will cost an arm and a leg if it is in good shape (despite you knowing the owner). Also, guys owning them are not willing to sell. If the weather holds up, I will be getting my hands on a 325i by this time tomorrow. :D

You lucky bastard!!! The weather should not stop you if you want it. Knowing the owner is a great asset even if its a bit pricey, you know... :)

Well not bad at all for SL, considering the huge taxes they'd have got :) But no M3s nah?

Hmmm, that's wierd cuz I thought that all petrol E36 3 series other than 316i and 318i came in 6 cylinders? :o Maybe I'm mistaken then

Oh that's great, lucky I must say :D So what are you going to do with it? Care to put up the price too if not against rules? wink.gif

Edit - Assuming this isn't sold, not bad nah? http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=23280

Yeah, he got a great deal... the previous owner was very unwilling to part with the In-line 6... he compensated by getting a V6 instead I hear... ;)

Yeah, he got a great deal... the previous owner was very unwilling to part with the In-line 6... he compensated by getting a V6 instead I hear... ;)

Nice to see some great cars being posted or discussed here, even if we don't get to own them :)

A V6 what? That too must also be a great car though smile.gif

We don't have anything beyond 6 cylinders lately nah? Is it cuz of luxury tax? I just got to know semi-luxury applies on anything above 2L but the upper limit wasn't specified, nor the new percentage. sad.gif Anyone got any idea? As for BMWs, that's everything above x20i I guess.

Also do we have Z3/Z4 here?

Might not be able to put the price, but some pics for sure... :D

The car in AD 23280 is in Matale, and the guy has changed his mind about selling it. It came to Colombo last week a maintenance check.

Might not be able to put the price, but some pics for sure... :D

The car in AD 23280 is in Matale, and the guy has changed his mind about selling it. It came to Colombo last week a maintenance check.

Ok then, awaiting some pics of a lovely beemer tomorrow then :D

Damn, why is that? :( Would have been a great buy. So has anyone modified BMWs here? I mean performance wise? Cuz those German motors are very good in putting out lots of power, even though currently they're extremely restricted cuz of the strictest emission laws in the world. I think a N/A 320i MAY be able to put out more power than a Civic Si with a K20A, both de-restricted?

Some teaser pics of my ride while we're on the topic of Bimmers... constructive criticism welcome - I'm sure Peri will be the first to comment on the photography

2007 BMW 335i - Premium/ Sport package

3 liter inline six twin turbo

300 HP @ 5,800 rpm; 300 ft lb @ 1,400 rpm

335i.jpg

335i2.jpg

Edited by madmax

unsure.gif OMG that's an awesome mean looking car! But why not a M3 Saloon, that's a kinda bit more expensive yet got stuff worth for the extra money nah? :)

I think Tuned-i Chips works on them now.

Um, so says their site but it does say a lot of things, even the Bentley's and Lamborghini's. :) They sure would have all the tech to do that, but questions is has anyone done that? :o

have seen V8 bimmers at prestige...chances are the V12's too are there

Wow! Then probably they're for people who don't have any use of money and it's just spilling out of them everywhere. Cuz I saw a 530i in AL for 15M or so?:o

Was it the Blue 850i ...?

What don't we have here?? :D

Yes. Man you should see the array of hardware they have inside the armored ones. There are fire suppression systems, oxygen tanks, tyre sidewalls have armour plating and they need two batteries the size of lorry batteries in the boot to power up all the security systems. !!!

There is also a silver ZM coupe in SL. Done only 6000+ kms. In very good condition with the red sports interior.

Oh my god, that is just too nice...! huh.gif Oh I feel suicide2.gif Ah but a lot more time for us to live. Maybe some day... smile.gif

About the the armored vehicles, how did you check it out? :o Do they allow that? I'd love to check out some rare cars like that. Should come to Colombo more often.

Oh my god, that is just too nice...! huh.gif Oh I feel suicide2.gif Ah but a lot more time for us to live. Maybe some day... smile.gif

About the the armored vehicles, how did you check it out? :o Do they allow that? I'd love to check out some rare cars like that. Should come to Colombo more often.

Actually got a good showing of the inside of one once :) The boot is chock full of electronics. Lots of other gizmo's. I wonder whether the fellows driving them know how to use half the stuff in it - and this was an older model 7 series like the one that got blasted in Kollupitiya. Apparently the drivers are specially sent to Germany and trained on how to use the systems before they start driving them :)

Yes. Man you should see the array of hardware they have inside the armored ones. There are fire suppression systems, oxygen tanks, tyre sidewalls have armour plating and they need two batteries the size of lorry batteries in the boot to power up all the security systems. !!!

Wait, the tyre sidewalls have amoured plates in them? Or is it composed of stuff like Kevlar?