• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

I just got this. :unsure: :unsure:

Maruti Price List after tariff cut

BRAND NEW VEHICLE PRICE LIST

MARUTI SUZUKI 800

5 Door hatch back, Equipped with 800cc MPFI (Multi port fuel injection) 4 STROKE OHC Gasoline 6 valve 3 cylinder engine, 4 speed manual transmission, factory fitted air conditioner, clear lens HALOGEN headlamp with electric leveling device, 3 speed wiper with intermittent, driver’s side door mirrors, reclining and sliding sports type front bucket seats, adjustable front head restraint, dual sun visor, floor and luggage carpets, front disc brakes, front & REAR seat belts, radial tyres (145 x 12), rear suspension with trailing link & coil spring , agent fitted CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers and other standard accessories.

NET SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) – Rs 975.000/=

800-ULTIMATE-

Additional features -12 alloy wheels (04), window tint, colour keyed bumpers, rear spoiler with stop lamp - Rs 1,025,000/=

MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO Lxi

800cc 5 door hatch back 12 valve 3 cylinder 4 stroke with MPFI (Electronic Multi Port Fuel Injection) engine, 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, advanced electronic power steering, electronic trip meter, clear lens HALOGEN headlamp with electric leveling device, servo assisted brake system, environment friendly CFC free factory fitted Air-conditioner with heater, agent fitted CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers, collapsible steering column for additional safety, side impact beams on all doors, Rear door child safety locks, front and rear seat belts, factory tinted glass, fabric seats, moulded door trim, remote fuel tank lid opener, 145/80R12 radial tyres and other standard accessories.

NET SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) _ Rs. 1,235,000/=

ALTO SPECIAL EDITION

800cc 5 door hatch back 12 valve 3 cylinder 4 stroke with MPFI (Electronic Multi Port Fuel Injection) engine, 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, advanced electronic power steering, electronic trip meter, clear lens headlamp with electric leveling device, servo assisted brake system, ANTI THEFT CODED KEY, environment friendly CFC free factory fitted Air-conditioner with heater, side impact beams on all doors, Rear door child safety locks, front and rear seat belts, factory tinted glass, moulded door trim, remote fuel tank lid opener

12” ALLOYWHEELS (4Nos), REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING WITH BURGLAR ALARM, REMOTE KEYLEES ENTRY, SELF COLOURED BUMPERS, CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers, REVERSE SENSOR (BEEPER), PU LEATHER SEAT COVERS, 145/80R12 radial tyres and other standard accessories.

SELLING PRICE INCLUDING VAT 20% RS 1,290,000/-

Alto Sportz-

Additional features – Sportz alloy wheels (04), rear spoiler, front fog lamps, adjustable side mirrors, additional window tint, PU leather seats

SELLING PRICE INCLUDING VAT 20% -Rs 1,325,000/=

MARUTI SUZUKI ZENEstilo - Vxi

1000CC 5 door hatch back ALLNEW SLEEK DESIGN, TWO TONE INTERIOR, 3 SPOKE SPORT STEERING, 12 valve twin overhead cam 3 cylinder 4 stroke all new K-Series MPFI (Electronic Multi Port Fuel Injection) petrol engine, 5SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, Environmentally friendly CFC free factory fitted air conditioner with heater, advanced electronic power steering, ROOF MOUNT ROD ANTENNA, Power windows, POWER MIRRIORS with colour keyed mirror cowl, central locking with remote keyless entry, cabin light delay timer, drive door lock mode (20kmph), agent fitted CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers, electronic multi trip meter and tachometer, “lights on” / “Key inside” alarm, chrome plated grille, rear door child safety locks, remote fuel tank lid opener, collapsible steering column for additional safety, NEW clear lens

HALOGEN HEAD LAMPS with electric leveling device, FRONT AND REAR FOG LAMPS, HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP, REAR GLASS DEMISTER, (CSR) side impact beams on all doors, factory tinted glass, fabric seats with adjustable head restraints (on all seats), body coloured bumpers, 155/65R13 radial tyres with full wheel covers and other standard accessories.

SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) RS 1,550,000/-

MARUTI SUZUKI OMNI

800CC 5 seater van, equipped with 4 stroke, 6 valve, OHC 3 cylinder MPFI (Multi port fuel injection) gasoline engine, 4speed manual transmission (rear wheel driven), servo assisted hydraulic brake system with front ventilated disk, clear lens headlamps with electric leveling device, microchip enabled immobilizer key, front seat belts, mud flaps, rear view interior mirror, two sliding doors, rear swing up door, bench type rear seats, body side sticker, new front grille with chrome plated Suzuki logo, new design dashboard, front independent/rear leaf spring assisted with shock absorber suspension and other standard accessories.

*Registration category-MOTOR CAR

NET SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) -Rs. 950,000/=

Edited by sklsaminda

Yup tru, this is disappointing :( Govt gives a heavy tax concession, but we dont see that being passed on to the consumer.

AND THAT IS BLOODY UNFAIR !!

I dont care how much my current car sells for, but I do hope the car market crashes here in SL. It is a bloody manipulative market. Earlier it was the govt. Now here we have the middle man to eff us all the way. At least for once let the Sri Lankan commoner get a decent car and enjoy life.

As I can see these Maruti prices are correct as per the government's new tariff. I checked Indian Maruti prices of AC800 & Alto LXi in India. They vary from US$ 5000 to US$ 6000. Since these cars are BN, They don't incur depreciated FOB values for Tax calculation.

This is an example for Maruti Alto LXi new pricing the way I see it.

Vehicle FOB Value (approximate) US$ 5,500 = LKR 625,185

Shipping & Insurance US$ 300 = LKR 34,101

Depreciation Value 0% [b/N]

Total Effective Tariff [FOB 681,870 X 90%] LKR 562,666

--------------------

Current Price LKR 1,221,952

But if you're willing to buy Japanese or SG used vehicle for US$ 5,500 or 6,000, (manufactured in 2004 or 2005) you can have the benefit of 50 to 60% Tax reduction on depreciated FOB value. The prices of these cars should come down under 1Million mark. It is funny that six or more years old local registered cars still asking over 2 million with higher millage. The big question is the government still restricting 3.5 year age limit for used cars.

Ok guys, I just asked few car sales the price of a Vios. Apparently you can't buy 2006 model. (the law says we can buy cars that are older than 3.5 years though). 2007 vios is quite different than 2006 model. More like a Yaris. This is the new Vios http://paultan.org/2007/04/03/new-toyota-v...ed-in-thailand/ . Most carsales said that they cannot give an exact price, but it will vary from 3.1 - 3.5 odd...

They said that we cannot import 121. The Axio was 5 mil :(. It's sad that even with the tax reduction it seems a bit difficult to get a decent car for less than 3mil... :(

(All prices are for re-cons)

Just spoke to A*W regading the new Nissan Tiida and the Xtrail.

Nissan Tiida Before was 7.7M and now its around 5.5M

and the Xtrail was 13M before and now its 10.6M.

couldnt imagine when i heard the Tiida being sold at 7.7M coz my uncle bought the same thang for his permit for 2.3M :angry-smiley-048:

as most guys said u wont get a decent car under the 2M bracket.. :mellow:

Just spoke to A*W regading the new Nissan Tiida and the Xtrail.

Nissan Tiida Before was 7.7M and now its around 5.5M

and the Xtrail was 13M before and now its 10.6M.

couldnt imagine when i heard the Tiida being sold at 7.7M coz my uncle bought the same thang for his permit for 2.3M :angry-smiley-048:

as most guys said u wont get a decent car under the 2M bracket.. :mellow:

Tida for 7.7 :D ... I think these carsale/agent guys are lying about the so called "previous price" <_< Who on earth would buy a Tida for for 7.7!

Man, forget about importing a car for below 2mil.., even below 3 mil is not easy :(

Edited by TharakaWi

Tida for 7.7 :D ... I think these carsale/agent guys are lying about the so called "previous price" <_< Who on earth would buy a Tida for for 7.7!

Man, forget about importing a car for below 2mil.., even below 3 mil is not easy :(

Why I am getting a Nissan Note for Rs1.3million from Japan!

Only hope is "2007 TOYOTA BELTA" :unsure: but it comes with 1300cc engine.better stick with second hand rather than buying an underpowered one :angry:

Edited by asanka1982

Only hope is "2007 TOYOTA BELTA" :unsure: but it comes with 1300cc engine.better stick with second hand rather than buying an underpowered one :angry:

Yep, the 2007 Belta is the only hope if you are going for Toyota.

Any of you know the honda and nissa re-con options and prices?

Guys I am wondering weather the Tax calculation based on purchased price or brand new price for a second hand car?

As I know, for used cars,

(FOB value x depreciation) + Insuarance + Fright + charge for addition options = CIF

Gov tax on CIF value

Came across this article.

Formula to reduce vehicle prices

A formula will be designed by vehicle sellers to price the remaining vehicles in line with the tariff reduction recently introduced by the Government.

There will be a recognizable increase in vehicle imports and the real impact of the tariff reduction will be felt only after three months, automobile industry sources said.

CMTA Chairperson Zeeniya Rasheed

Since there are floating stocks in the market, the real impact will be felt only when brand new vehicles imported to the country which will take three to four months, Ceylon Motor Traders Association (CMTA) Chairperson Zeeniya Rasheed told Daily News Business.

All imported vehicles including brand-new, reconditioned and used vehicles will be priced at the present duty rates.

A formula for remaining vehicles with reduction of tariff will be designed during the end of this week.

Though there has not been a formula decided yet, the remaining stocks will be sold at the reduced price focusing on future opportunities in the industry, a leading vehicle importer, said.

“The demand for used vehicles in Japan auctions has drastically increased due to the heavy demand from Sri Lankan buyers. This has indicated a slight price increase in imported vehicles,” he said.

After the duty reduction, a used vehicle can be purchased 30 percent lower than the earlier price. Traders kept fewer vehicle stocks due to rumours that spread even before this tax reduction.

He said that they can expect an increase in the second hand and used vehicles market.

When the economic situation for vehicles get favourable people will buy more vehicles in the future irrespective of whether they are used, reconditioned or brand-new.

A formula has not been designed yet to calculate the reduction of prices in remaining vehicles. The real benefit of the tax reduction on registered cars in the country will trickle down to the customers only after a month’s time, D*MO Deputy General Manager Tharanga Gunawardena told Daily News Business.

“We have received numerous inquiries from the day the Government decided to reduce tariff on vehicles. We can expect a drastic influx of vehicles to the country in the future showing a thousand fold increase on imported vehicles,” he said.

As I know, for used cars,

(FOB value x depreciation) + Insuarance + Fright + charge for addition options = CIF

Gov tax on CIF value

No Bro, the govt Tax is calculated based on the (Brand new CIF prices * Dep) and not the actual CIF value in the invoice. :)

Just checked the revised prices with toyota lanka,

Brand new Avenza - 3.2 mil

Brand new Yaris - 4.4 mil

Brand new Hlux - 6.7mil

Still far too expensive, In Australia we can buy 3 Yaris for that price, previously could have bought nearly 5 :unsure: :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by saraprobe

No Bro, the govt Tax is calculated based on the (Brand new CIF prices * Dep) and not the actual CIF value in the invoice. :)

Please look in to this document form SL Customs...

http://www.customs.gov.lk/news/VEHICLE.pdf

Depreciation Value is based on FOB and not on CIF. This was realesed on 1st June 2010.

For current secondhand car prices [FOB] in Japan look here...

www.########.com/cars/japan_used_cars.php?xi=68&xp=12309&title=Cars%2FSedans

Also you can calculate the freight from this r-a-m-a-dbk as well.. -_-

Edited by Mabikay

Please look in to this document form SL Customs...

http://www.customs.gov.lk/news/VEHICLE.pdf

Depreciation Value is based on FOB and not on CIF. This was realesed on 1st June 2010.

For current secondhand car prices [FOB] in Japan look here...

I know

www.########.com/cars/japan_used_cars.php?xi=68&xp=12309&title=Cars%2FSedans

Also you can calculate the freight from this r-a-m-a-dbk as well.. -_-

Guys the difference between the FOB and CIF is less than Rs. 100K.

Custom duty is calculated as

CIF = (Brandnew FOB x Depreciation value) + Freight and insure.

Total = Duty % x CIF

hope this helps.

let me know I'm wrong.

I hope not as this is how I calculated duty for my car.

true.. yo D know anyone selling a B4 RSK

Plenty on the market - but have them checked out thoroughly

Did u check the Blue one in Sirimal Uyana?

I had a look a nice specimen a while back - GZ 7474 or something to that effect i think - enthusiast owned & maintained at Senok : speak to Jehan , he should be able to hook you up :)

Yup tru, this is disappointing :( Govt gives a heavy tax concession, but we dont see that being passed on to the consumer.

AND THAT IS BLOODY UNFAIR !!

I dont care how much my current car sells for, but I do hope the car market crashes here in SL. It is a bloody manipulative market. Earlier it was the govt. Now here we have the middle man to eff us all the way. At least for once let the Sri Lankan commoner get a decent car and enjoy life.

machang before you start pointing fingers at people do your own research instead of reading articles and data published online by internet whizkid with no connection what so ever to the industry. What was slashed was only 1 of 6 other duty components (one of those components was actually increased by 2%). The way I see it is the consumers fault for gulping the news paper headlines that painted a very wrong picture.

Plus it is physically impossible to reduce the prices the very next day the new taxes were announced. It take a minimum of one month for a car to hit SL shores once it is ready to be exported (three weeks in the sea, couple of days to ship out from Japan and couple of days to clear local customs). Wait couple of months for the market to settle (it’s not as if anyone was in a hurry to buy a car in this so called 'manipulated' market conditions) and if this new duty scheme remains unchanged in about a year you'll see a further 100 - 200k reduction.

To add one more thing to my previous reply, duty scheme was amended not to give relief to the masses. IT was to stimulate the industry enough, to boost the government revenue. Just consider this as 'bait'. Lets hope the government will catch enough fish that'll prompt them to give some actual relief in the future.

where were you b4 taxes decreased? civics were selling at 11 million! tiida (fuly loaded i assume) at 7.7 seem right.