• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

I was speaking to couple of dudes in Japan yesterday and they told me that even Japanese have jacked up to $2000 on cars which are in demand in sri lanka, My friend is looking to put 500 cars by the end of the month, So by looking at that Sri Lanka is going to be flooded with cars and just be patient, price will come down, by the way this could even lead us to more deficit due to sudden increment of imports to sri lanka..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by saraprobe

And guys, if I'm correct still the Govt. didn't published and passed the Gazette yet. So when the govt pass it, we may see more price reduction since we are still in the beginning.

I came across a new school of thought. Since selling the vehicle is difficult, and the car is fully insured, write off the car and collect that money and buy a new one. :D

Of course, this chap supposes he'll get the full amount from the insurance, which he wouldn't be thinking if he's been reading the forums lately.

But it does open up a new thought line about the values of cars.

I came across a new school of thought. Since selling the vehicle is difficult, and the car is fully insured, write off the car and collect that money and buy a new one. :D

Of course, this chap supposes he'll get the full amount from the insurance, which he wouldn't be thinking if he's been reading the forums lately.

But it does open up a new thought line about the values of cars.

wrong school the bugger had been attending to it seems :D Predicted this scenario would happen and contacted our insurance unit. What they said was in case of a write-off they consider sum insured, YOM and hence depreciation, then the market value. They do consider the present market value even if the vehicle is insured at previous market value. Say after depreciation value is higher than present market value as predicted, but insurance will pay the damage at present market value, which could be theoretically (on the books) lesser than the actual market value.

Edited by harshansenadhir

And guys, if I'm correct still the Govt. didn't published and passed the Gazette yet. So when the govt pass it, we may see more price reduction since we are still in the beginning.

Why you say the Gov has not published the gazette yet when they have already done so?

Gov has already published an extraordinary gazette for the revision of Cess and Excise duty.

http://www.treasury.gov.lk/FPPFM/fpd/gazat...-2010-06-01.pdf

http://www.treasury.gov.lk/FPPFM/fpd/gazat...-2010-05-31.pdf

Guys i am not familiar with the car market stuff, according to the calculations, A new yaris will be 21 lakhs and corolla 2010 will be arund 25????

But i doubt the importers and sellers will give the benefit to buyers?

Does anyone know what happen to the advertised cars these days? are people actually buying or just waiting till price come down?

Still people like us cant afford BN, What will be the rough price of a used corolla 110 (petrol, auto) once the prices settled?

well according to some informed sources.. and my knowledge.. we will never get teh full benifit unless we import it our selves and cut the middle people off.. for some cars the middle buggers take up to 1 milion..

so madz.. why not get a chartered flight for all AL members and lets put a trip to japan..... still worth it me thinks...

Why you say the Gov has not published the gazette yet when they have already done so?

Gov has already published an extraordinary gazette for the revision of Cess and Excise duty.

http://www.treasury.gov.lk/FPPFM/fpd/gazat...-2010-06-01.pdf

http://www.treasury.gov.lk/FPPFM/fpd/gazat...-2010-05-31.pdf

Sorry My mistake..... :action-smiley-060:

Dang.... there goes my plan for selling mine.... :(

Ripper... she is all yours... :)

if i can bridge the shortfall and get all important larger side mirrors... it's a deal :P

as a market correction is on the cards, ppls r panicking and trying to sell the vehicles quoting exorbitant rates, i highly doubt any of the sellers in autolanka will get the asking price, buyers being aware of the tax cuts will hold of on their purchase or look for a better price

Motor cycles, three wheelers included:

Tax reductions applicable to all vehicles

The recent tax structure revision had been implemented to encourage local industries and make their products competitive in the market.

There is also no truth in the speculation that no tax reduction had been made on three wheelers, motorcycles, vans and trucks. Refuting speculations, Finance and Planning Ministry Fiscal Policies Department Director General S. R. Attygalle, outlined the tax reduction that came into effect from the beginning of this month:

Three Wheelers: Exercise Duty completely removed. Accordingly 68 percent tax levied for three wheelers have been reduced to 40 percent. The overall taxes charged on conversion unit for 3 wheelers have been reduced from 40 percent to 8.5 percent.

Motor cycles: Earlier 15 percent custom duty and 15 percent surcharge was levied. Under the new structure 15 percent surcharge has been completely reduced and Custom Duty has been reduced from 15 percent to 5 percent. Lorries and trucks: Exercise Duty reduced by 15 percent.

Vans: Earlier Tax amounting to 180 percent has been reduced to 121 percent. Diesel Vans: Earlier Tax of 281 percent has been reduced to 152 percent. The 15 percent surcharge imposed on import of raw materials and machinery had been removed.

Cess tax on import of finished products such as biscuits, tiles, etc., has been continued to make local products competitive in the market against the cheap local quality products flooding the market.

Attygalle said that the Tourist Industry needs vehicles for expansion of its activities with the heavy inflow of tourists and the new tax reduction will immensely help upgrade the fleet of outdated vehicles. Courtesy development.lk

Sales Contact Dewappriya 0772614537 A*W (Private) Limited, Maruti Suzuki showroom, 445 Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo-08Tuesday, August 10, 2010. Page 1 of 2

BRAND NEW VEHICLE PRICE LIST

MARUTI SUZUKI 800

5 Door hatch back, Equipped with 800cc MPFI (Multi port fuel injection) 4 STROKE OHC Gasoline 6 valve 3 cylinder engine, 4 speed manual transmission, factory fitted air conditioner, clear lens HALOGEN headlamp with electric leveling device, 3 speed wiper with intermittent, driver’s side door mirrors, reclining and sliding sports type front bucket seats, adjustable front head restraint, dual sun visor, floor and luggage carpets, front disc brakes, front & REAR seat belts, radial tyres (145 x 12), rear suspension with trailing link & coil spring , agent fitted CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers and other standard accessories.

NET SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) – Rs 975.000/=

800-ULTIMATE-

Additional features -12 alloy wheels (04), window tint, colour keyed bumpers, rear spoiler with stop lamp - Rs 1,025,000/=

MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO Lxi

800cc 5 door hatch back 12 valve 3 cylinder 4 stroke with MPFI (Electronic Multi Port Fuel Injection) engine, 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, advanced electronic power steering, electronic trip meter, clear lens HALOGEN headlamp with electric leveling device, servo assisted brake system, environment friendly CFC free factory fitted Air-conditioner with heater, agent fitted CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers, collapsible steering column for additional safety, side impact beams on all doors, Rear door child safety locks, front and rear seat belts, factory tinted glass, fabric seats, moulded door trim, remote fuel tank lid opener, 145/80R12 radial tyres and other standard accessories.

NET SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) _ Rs. 1,235,000/=

ALTO SPECIAL EDITION

800cc 5 door hatch back 12 valve 3 cylinder 4 stroke with MPFI (Electronic Multi Port Fuel Injection) engine, 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, advanced electronic power steering, electronic trip meter, clear lens headlamp with electric leveling device, servo assisted brake system, ANTI THEFT CODED KEY, environment friendly CFC free factory fitted Air-conditioner with heater, side impact beams on all doors, Rear door child safety locks, front and rear seat belts, factory tinted glass, moulded door trim, remote fuel tank lid opener

12” ALLOYWHEELS (4Nos), REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING WITH BURGLAR ALARM, REMOTE KEYLEES ENTRY, SELF COLOURED BUMPERS, CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers, REVERSE SENSOR (BEEPER), PU LEATHER SEAT COVERS, 145/80R12 radial tyres and other standard accessories.

SELLING PRICE INCLUDING VAT 20% RS 1,290,000/-

Alto Sportz-

Additional features – Sportz alloy wheels (04), rear spoiler, front fog lamps, adjustable side mirrors, additional window tint, PU leather seats

SELLING PRICE INCLUDING VAT 20% -Rs 1,325,000/=

MARUTI SUZUKI ZENEstilo - Vxi

1000CC 5 door hatch back ALLNEW SLEEK DESIGN, TWO TONE INTERIOR, 3 SPOKE SPORT STEERING, 12 valve twin overhead cam 3 cylinder 4 stroke all new K-Series MPFI (Electronic Multi Port Fuel Injection) petrol engine, 5SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, Environmentally friendly CFC free factory fitted air conditioner with heater, advanced electronic power steering, ROOF MOUNT ROD ANTENNA, Power windows, POWER MIRRIORS with colour keyed mirror cowl, central locking with remote keyless entry, cabin light delay timer, drive door lock mode (20kmph), agent fitted CD Mp3 player with 2 speakers, electronic multi trip meter and tachometer, “lights on” / “Key inside” alarm, chrome plated grille, rear door child safety locks, remote fuel tank lid opener, collapsible steering column for additional safety, NEW clear lens

HALOGEN HEAD LAMPS with electric leveling device, FRONT AND REAR FOG LAMPS, HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP, REAR GLASS DEMISTER, (CSR) side impact beams on all doors, factory tinted glass, fabric seats with adjustable head restraints (on all seats), body coloured bumpers, 155/65R13 radial tyres with full wheel covers and other standard accessories.

SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) RS 1,550,000/-

MARUTI SUZUKI OMNI

800CC 5 seater van, equipped with 4 stroke, 6 valve, OHC 3 cylinder MPFI (Multi port fuel injection) gasoline engine, 4speed manual transmission (rear wheel driven), servo assisted hydraulic brake system with front ventilated disk, clear lens headlamps with electric leveling device, microchip enabled immobilizer key, front seat belts, mud flaps, rear view interior mirror, two sliding doors, rear swing up door, bench type rear seats, body side sticker, new front grille with chrome plated Suzuki logo, new design dashboard, front independent/rear leaf spring assisted with shock absorber suspension and other standard accessories.

*Registration category-MOTOR CAR

NET SELLING PRICE (20% VAT INCLUDED) -Rs. 950,000/=

AIR CONDITIONING (OPTIONAL LOCALLY FITTED) Rs 55,000/-

RADIO CASSETTE PLAYER (OPTIONAL LOCALLY FITTED) Rs 13,000/-

TERMS & CONDITIONS

# VALIDITY- First come first served basis subject to prior sale.

# Warranty- Two years or 50,000 kilometers whichever occurs first.

# Services- Three labour free services @ 1000, 5000, & 10,000 Kms.

* Please refer to the warranty and service manual supplied with the vehicle for more information.

1) 50% advance payment for reservation and the balance prior to Registration.

2) The above price does not include Revenue License and Road Insurance.

3) Registration & Number plates will be DONE FREE OF CHARGE. (IN CASE OF REQUEST FOR A SPECIAL REGISTRATION NUMBER/ LEASING OR A MORTGAGE, the EXTRA CHARGES WILL HAVE TO BE BORNE BY THE CUSTOMER.)

4) The prices have been calculated AT THE CURRENT rate of exchange, prevailing rates of Duty laws and impositions, should there be any variation, it would be adjusted in the Final Invoice.

5) Tentative delivery would be, for Ex-stock within 7working days on completion of the full invoice value and registration documents or from an incoming shipment on receipt of Firm Order / Advance Payment / Purchase Order subject to shipping space availability and colour availability.

6) Manufacturer/ A*W reserves the rights to change without prior notice the price, colurs, and equipment specifications and also discontinue models.

These vehicles are made in India under the license of Suzuki Motor Corporation of Japan, and Suzuki holds 57% shares in Maruti Udyog Ltd., of India.

It would give us great pleasure to provide you with any information and trust that you soon experience the sheer driving pleasure of MARUTI -SUZUKI “POWER AND PERFORMANCE YOU CAN RELY ON"

Assuring you of our best services & attention at all times.

Sales Contact Dewappriya 0772614537 A*W (Private) Limited, Maruti Suzuki showroom, 445 Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo-08.

Dang.... there goes my plan for selling mine.... :(

Ripper... she is all yours... :)

i actually thought this was yours, sold on!

its shocking given that its started off at 2.25 if i recall right , then down to 1.85 , there after advertised in the papers at 1.75 (if i recall right) & now down to 1.6 odd ! :o

all in space of a month or less mind u! :blink:

Guys, while we're debating about prices, market conditions, some companies known or famous for cheap advertising on this forum had started the same again it seems. Reported the post already.

i was thinking the same time.. and this wasnt the 1st time on this thread that maruti prices showed up (and with so much details too)... fishy!

And honestly reading the specs on those cars really does feel like ur reading about something from 20 years ago. The highest spec car boasts a roof mounted radio antena..wow!