• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

Every body talks about importing vehicles from Japan, Just asking, can't we import used Toyotas from Countries like Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand? Does anybody know a place where I can import a used Vios (late 2007)?

I think It will be a good option for those who can not afford to JDM Belta and Corolla. <_<

Every body talks about importing vehicles from Japan, Just asking, can't we import used Toyotas from Countries like Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand? Does anybody know a place where I can import a used Vios (late 2007)?

I think It will be a good option for those who can not afford to JDM Belta and Corolla. <_<

You can, Singapore is the easiest due to the quality and also the affordability, Malaysia and Thailand still not an advanced economies like Singapore, So the cars in S'pore are relatively cheaper however cannot compered to Japanese prices.

This is the best Place to buy Cars - Check Out

Edited by saraprobe

Singapore is a real contender! I agree.

Yeah beocz they have an advanced economy and also developed, Gov can afford to be low on tax due to various other aspects of the economy. So guys SL has a long way ahead! hopefully once we reached $5000.00 GDP it may force Gov reduce taxes on goods, one more thing they need to do is nationalize the taxation means everyone must pay taxes based on their income, I mean including public sector!!!

Yeah beocz they have an advanced economy and also developed, Gov can afford to be low on tax due to various other aspects of the economy. So guys SL has a long way ahead! hopefully once we reached $5000.00 GDP it may force Gov reduce taxes on goods, one more thing they need to do is nationalize the taxation means everyone must pay taxes based on their income, I mean including public sector!!!

Oh I meant to say it is good grounds for us to hunt for vehicles. Importation. It is closer and hence less expenses. But I honestly don't know about the market there.

I was told by one chap morning that he can bring a good AXIO for 3.4 mil. His cut is 50000 to 75000/- It seem to be a fully transparent transaction. But should carefully looked into.

This is bad news for those 121 owners. 121 got its reputation for its FC. Who would buy an old 121 for 3.5 mil when newer AXIO with same FC and better looks around 3.4 mil? So they are welcome to keep the vehicles quoting magic prices!

Edited by kaushama

Oh I meant to say it is good grounds for us to hunt for vehicles. Importation. It is closer and hence less expenses. But I honestly don't know about the market there.

I was told by one chap morning that he can bring a good AXIO for 3.4 mil. His cut is 50000 to 75000/- It seem to be a fully transparent transaction. But should carefully looked into.

This is bad news for those 121 owners. 121 got its reputation for its FC. Who would buy an old 121 for 3.5 mil when newer AXIO with same FC and better looks around 3.4 mil? So they are welcome to keep the vehicles quoting magic prices!

I know, I was in touch with few dudes in Japan and they were telling me 1L -1.6L cars gone up in japan becoz of Sri Lanka, sounds like Japan only makes cars for Sri Lanka, Looks like all of these crooks have a collective agreement to hold the price. Before it was the Gov and Now all these a**s h**<<s!

afaik 141s FC is not so economical as 121s

afaik 141s FC is not so economical as 121s

That is the model imported by the Toyota Lanka. And there were some complaints in one online petition by some doctors against local agents for the special version they brought for permit holders. They feel that they have been cheated(not bitching against Toyota Lanka!!!) Go through internet reviews. Many people quote even 16-18 KM/L (long range) which I doubt. But it is more spacious and has better looks. And it seems to be more responsive and has better handling for sure.

:alc:

this is exactly what i said before. the newer vehicles will get hit the most.. as thier brandnew and recon prices will come down drastically.. but for the older numeric plates the effect is very less... because in that range u cant anyway buy a recon or a brandnew even with the new tax rate...

got it from another site that was advertised by an importer

Toyota Corolla 141 (Axio)

Year: 2008

Displacement: 1.5cc

Transmission: Automatic

Color: White

CIF Price: LKR 1662500.00

Custom Charges: LKR 1851216.00 (can vary)

Total: LKR 3513716.00

guys, please be patient for another 2 weeks, i think the second hand prices may come down, becasue an unregistered (2007) Vitz is going around 2.5million but a fellow is trying to sell his registered Vitz for 2.75million :lol:

so however they should reduce the prices of registered vitz atleast to 2.2million

this is exactly what i said before. the newer vehicles will get hit the most.. as thier brandnew and recon prices will come down drastically.. but for the older numeric plates the effect is very less... because in that range u cant anyway buy a recon or a brandnew even with the new tax rate...

Auto prices to drop further in 3 months

Prices of vehicles are likely to drop further soon as competition gets intense and with the availability of a full range of newly imported vehicles hitting the local market, a senior industry official told The Bottom Line.

Accordingly, the availability of the full range is likely to take at least another three months by which time the recent orders placed from various countries will be shipped to Sri Lanka.

“Ever since the government announced a duty reduction, there has been a huge interest among locals to buy or replace their vehicles. As a result, the traders have also placed a large number of orders to date and we expect prices to reduce gradually as we begin receiving the shipments,” Ceylon Motor Traders’ Association Chairperson, Zeeniya Rasheed who is also the General Manager (Marketing) of Unit#d Mot#rs Lanka Plc told The Bottom Line.

She said that it will only be competition that could lead to a price correction and therefore consumers could soon wait to see traders fighting for price in time to come when a large stock of vehicles hit the market.

Commenting on the reduction, Diesel and Motor Engineering PLC (D*MO) Chairman and CEO, Ranjith Pandithage warned that Sri Lanka may become a dumping ground for secondhand reconditioned vehicles from countries like Japan. D*MO had in fact already announced price reductions by running advertisements.

“We have placed orders for about five-six vehicles, but the rates are still exorbitant. To find a customer to buy one of our high end vehicles is really hard even with the tariff reduction,” he said.

Meanwhile, Mohamed Rameez, Sales Manager at Wheels Lanka Pvt Ltd, a popular dealer in reconditioned vehicles said that they had brought down the prices of vehicles in commensurate with the tax revision.

“A Japanese car such as Toyota Vitz which sold at Rs.3.1 million earlier has now been brought down to Rs.2.4 million while cars which were earlier sold for Rs.5 million now cost only Rs.4 million,” he said.

According to the revision, the rationale for the reduction varies with each category of imports. For example, the new total effective tariff for a petrol motor car with an engine capacity under less than 1000cc has been brought down by 52% to 90% while the same cars between 1000cc and 1600cc has been reduced by 46% to 118%. However, there has been no change in the effective total tariffs for motor bikes.

Auto prices to drop further in 3 months

Prices of vehicles are likely to drop further soon as competition gets intense and with the availability of a full range of newly imported vehicles hitting the local market, a senior industry official told The Bottom Line.

Accordingly, the availability of the full range is likely to take at least another three months by which time the recent orders placed from various countries will be shipped to Sri Lanka.

“Ever since the government announced a duty reduction, there has been a huge interest among locals to buy or replace their vehicles. As a result, the traders have also placed a large number of orders to date and we expect prices to reduce gradually as we begin receiving the shipments,” Ceylon Motor Traders’ Association Chairperson, Zeeniya Rasheed who is also the General Manager (Marketing) of Unit#d Mot#rs Lanka Plc told The Bottom Line.

She said that it will only be competition that could lead to a price correction and therefore consumers could soon wait to see traders fighting for price in time to come when a large stock of vehicles hit the market.

Commenting on the reduction, Diesel and Motor Engineering PLC (D*MO) Chairman and CEO, Ranjith Pandithage warned that Sri Lanka may become a dumping ground for secondhand reconditioned vehicles from countries like Japan. D*MO had in fact already announced price reductions by running advertisements.

“We have placed orders for about five-six vehicles, but the rates are still exorbitant. To find a customer to buy one of our high end vehicles is really hard even with the tariff reduction,” he said.

Meanwhile, Mohamed Rameez, Sales Manager at Wheels Lanka Pvt Ltd, a popular dealer in reconditioned vehicles said that they had brought down the prices of vehicles in commensurate with the tax revision.

“A Japanese car such as Toyota Vitz which sold at Rs.3.1 million earlier has now been brought down to Rs.2.4 million while cars which were earlier sold for Rs.5 million now cost only Rs.4 million,” he said.

According to the revision, the rationale for the reduction varies with each category of imports. For example, the new total effective tariff for a petrol motor car with an engine capacity under less than 1000cc has been brought down by 52% to 90% while the same cars between 1000cc and 1600cc has been reduced by 46% to 118%. However, there has been no change in the effective total tariffs for motor bikes.

1+