• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Tax Slashed By 50%

crdesilva

FD1's are prety hard to find in Japan. There's lot of FD3 though if anyone has the balls to bring one down.

One person has brought down two FD1s for 4.3 and 4.4 mil range. Auction grade 4.5 or 5. Both has done less than 15000+ KM.

I love FD1 for its looks and drive. Only thing is the FC which is not great, but it is 1.8L. 10 KM/l city and 12-14KM/l outstation.

How is AXELA's FC? Should be less than AXIOs?

One person has brought down two FD1s for 4.3 and 4.4 mil range. Auction grade 4.5 or 5. Both has done less than 15000+ KM.

I love FD1 for its looks and drive. Only thing is the FC which is not great, but it is 1.8L. 10 KM/l city and 12-14KM/l outstation.

How is AXELA's FC? Should be less than AXIOs?

I have opened a LC for a FD 1 silver color car 15000km auction grade 4. Acutually it is very difficult to find one in japan. Initially I ask the local person to select one with out silver color but at last I happend to go for silver since no option. it is cost me JYen 1.2 million CFI. I hope the local tax may be around 2.4 million and the toatal cost for me around 4.2 million.

Does anyone know how much a 2008 Nissan X-trail would cost ? petrol one with 2.0 engine with fog lights and all! I know the old year 2000 crap still sells for around 30laks but a reconditioned 2008 one will cost you about $17000 in japan!

So if there is anyone out there who had managed to acquire a 2007 onwards new face Nissan X-trail with the tax reductions, would be glad to know how much it cost you? :unsure:

I checked with few who cleared ther cars (personnely imported) and the approximate prices they got are as follows. These vehicles were cleared about 2 weeks back.

Axio X grade white 2007- 3.3M+

Axio X grade Silver 2007 - 3.3M-

Axio G grade Beige 2007 - 3.6M+

Axio G Grade White 2008 - 3.8M-

But they say now the auction prices may be higher & hence price could be around 4M.

If any of you found any comparative prices for unreg at car sales pl share the details.

Machan I have seen some right hand Axio X grade cars in Dubai. The CIF Colombo price is around USD 12,500 to 14,000. Cosidering a tax of 1.95 million, these can be exported to Sri Lanka around Rs. 3.5 - 3.7 million total cost.

Well to be fair to L board and his gang, I think they predicted a crash in 3 months time. And its only 2 and a half still. So we actually have 15 days before we can take L Board and his economic theory apart :P

Edited by Rebel

possibly in a hospital with his foot stuck in his mouth

too early for that, he still got another 14 calender days for that... :D

Yes I am 100% certain the second hand market will crash in 3 months time (or sooner). Elaborating my thinking for what is obvious is not worth it. It is like elaborating why someone would die if he is deprived of water for 15 days :D

Anyway, let's wait and see. Be patient for 3 months man and lets reopen this thread and see who will have to put own's foot in the mouth :D

:D

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Aug 14 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you happen to notice the 121 was that was up for sale mate? was priced at 2mil :P guess the 2nd hand market has crashed after all :P

Just because people put certain prices that doesnt necessarily mean it's getting sold at those prices...

for our K11 (2001 model, 2004 reg), there was a guy who was pestering to buy for 1.2 (this was before reduction). based on ads in the papers at that time was probably an easy sell even at 1.3

but after reduction best offer we got was 1.15 - I was checking up other sellers, and most people were asking 12.5 - 13.5 range, but I know that one of those cars actually was sold for 1.1.

So, wouldn't describe it as a crash, but ~10% drop (and this is <1000cc, which had the highest drop in petrol cars).

For people who had purchased an unreg car in the last year or 2 the potential resale values have dropped in a big way... pal with an Allion 1.5 he bought last year (low mileage) estimates he's lost at least 800k. But those people were probably not looking to sell so soon, and now would be even more disinclined to sell, so you would likely not see this drop in value reflected much in sale prices.

Just because people put certain prices that doesnt necessarily mean it's getting sold at those prices...

for our K11 (2001 model, 2004 reg), there was a guy who was pestering to buy for 1.2 (this was before reduction). based on ads in the papers at that time was probably an easy sell even at 1.3

but after reduction best offer we got was 1.15 - I was checking up other sellers, and most people were asking 12.5 - 13.5 range, but I know that one of those cars actually was sold for 1.1.

So, wouldn't describe it as a crash, but ~10% drop (and this is <1000cc, which had the highest drop in petrol cars).

For people who had purchased an unreg car in the last year or 2 the potential resale values have dropped in a big way... pal with an Allion 1.5 he bought last year (low mileage) estimates he's lost at least 800k. But those people were probably not looking to sell so soon, and now would be even more disinclined to sell, so you would likely not see this drop in value reflected much in sale prices.

Can't really figure out why you have replied to my post.... <_<

Ok gentlement I must be very humble and admit that you guys were correct and I was wrong. And right now actually I have put my foot in my mouth.... :D

I have also not seen a drastic reduction in the 2nd hand market and I do not expect any miracle in 2 more weeks either. So those of you who stood by the theory that the second hand market will not be drastically affected are correct and for sure I was wrong. I will do a better try next time (first let me treat my wounded mouth and foot) :D

Edited by L board

Ok gentlement I must be very humble and admit that you guys were correct and I was wrong. And right now actually I have put my foot in my mouth.... :D

I have also not seen a drastic reduction in the 2nd hand market and I do not expect any miracle in 2 more weeks either. So those of you who stood by the theory that the second hand market will not be drastically affected are correct and for sure I was wrong. I will do a better try next time (first let me treat my wounded mouth and foot) :D

Peace brother :)

we never know it'll crash in the next few months to come don't we ? so better wait and see. Further, it's going against the theory , you know it's a weird market end of the day where depreciating vehicle is an investment tool. :D

we never know it'll crash in the next few months to come don't we ? so better wait and see. Further, it's going against the theory , you know it's a weird market end of the day where depreciating vehicle is an investment tool. :D

At least for some of the Brands.. who knows if Italian Job 3 or F&F comes with a fleet of Maruti with wings and 16' alloys or even a 110