• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Coolest Mobile Phone????

true peri ... but you know taste defers from person to person ayaii .... love the simplicity of the apple was an apple fan from the first day i started using a Apple i mac it feels something natural when it come to apple .... since then i got my hands on all the stuff which apple made ... except for the ipad i don't like it ..but i would be the first in line if they launched a full touch laptop ......

hey i want through the spec list of HTC thats one good phone and no dought with google backing up on the brand it will reach new hights

those 3310s were good phones i had my experience with them .... dropped them from 2 stories, a car ran over it and dropped it into a stream but still it kept working .... those days back then that was the phone to have ..... one solid phone for our reckless life's ... :jumping-smiley-013:

As a mobile expert and a Director of Leading Mobile Retailer I would say, The definition of "Cool Mobile" is not the greatest and fastest.

Its about looks, performance and the prestige something like the iPhone, (although I hate it), owning one is like a WoW Factor.

The current COOOL MOBILE PHONE is the X10, it sure has looks power and features.

HTC is a greek brand for most the Srilankan's (Although I love it), some think its a chinese shit.

Nokia N8 Looks good, performance, features all good but same old boring SYMBIAN UI

Nexus one is also Htc Desire in different shell, got power, features but lacks looks = NO COOOL

HTC EVO 4G got everything but HTC?? Chinese de?

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S indeed a good phone, played around with one, Fantastic Display etc but lacks something in its looks

iPhone is past COOL. Owning Android is present COOL.

Sony Ericsson X10 Rocks, Android 2.1 update is on the way :) dont go for the mini.

This is not A PAID ADVERTISEMENT.

As a mobile expert and a Director of Leading Mobile Retailer I would say, The definition of "Cool Mobile" is not the greatest and fastest.

Its about looks, performance and the prestige something like the iPhone, (although I hate it), owning one is like a WoW Factor.

The current COOOL MOBILE PHONE is the X10, it sure has looks power and features.

HTC is a greek brand for most the Srilankan's (Although I love it), some think its a chinese shit.

Nokia N8 Looks good, performance, features all good but same old boring SYMBIAN UI

Nexus one is also Htc Desire in different shell, got power, features but lacks looks = NO COOOL

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S indeed a good phone, played around with one, Fantastic Display etc but lacks something in its looks

Sony Ericsson X10 Rocks, Android 2.1 update is on the way :) dont go for the mini.

lol remember we had a chat in Fb regarding this HTC and Chinese shit :mellow:

lol remember we had a chat in Fb regarding this HTC and Chinese shit :mellow:

I like HTC, Specially the HD2 and legend for its looks, I wish Desire had legend's look for me to own one but come one ppl dont buy a phone alone for its performance and personal likings, they are looking for oh iPhone de? Ferrari de? Nissan Skyline de?

for a person living abroad where HTC is a well famous brand, I would say fine to go ahead, in Lanka HTC still needs to develop

Hey mannnnn whats wrong with X10 mini... isnt that simple n compact enough for daytoday use...

got any technical drawbacks? please clarify <_<

True, I don't like Chinese stuff as well.

I think they should have release the Xperia X10 on 2009 because when it was released around 2010 March if i'm not mistaken, there were lot of better phones available in the market. But the design wise its still a really nice and up to date phone.

The problem about iPhone is most people have it (little less here in SL) so its not that un-common. IMO when a phone is not common they lose the main cool factor like cars.

Edited by zerocool

The only thing I could afford was a 5800 XpressMusic....... I'm poor man ne..... Pretty solid for a touch i must say... humpty dumpty s had many great falls! :rolleyes:

Its kinda slim.... feels pretty easy to grab hold of

Sound quality is excellent (after all its a xpress music ;) ) 3.5mm audio jack

Camera is not bad either - 3.2MP with Carl Zeiss Optics with dual LED flash

It even has Nokia Maps

Overall a very good phone.....

Hey mannnnn whats wrong with X10 mini... isnt that simple n compact enough for daytoday use...

got any technical drawbacks? please clarify <_<

X10 X10 Mini

Processor: 1 Ghz 600 Mhz

Camera: 8 Mpx 5 Mpx

Memory: 8GB Card 2 GB Card

Screen: 4 Inches 2.55 Inches

what about Price n Size? size is the best part i like in this :alc:

X10 Rs. 77,500 with 2 years warranty

Size - its a pretty huge phone but that is the trend now

X10 mini - will be getting the Price tomorrow, we dint get the stocks yet but its available :)

Size - so obvious it fits to the hand nicely :)

Edited by zeem35

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Jun 6 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I could afford was a 5800 XpressMusic....... I'm poor man ne..... Pretty solid for a touch i must say... humpty dumpty s had many great falls! :rolleyes:

Its kinda slim.... feels pretty easy to grab hold of

Sound quality is excellent (after all its a xpress music ;) ) 3.5mm audio jack

Camera is not bad either - 3.2MP with Carl Zeiss Optics with dual LED flash

It even has Nokia Maps

Overall a very good phone.....

Yah mchn Its got great Audio quality and also WiFi and HSDPA.+ the its price is affordable

X10 Rs. 77,500 with 2 years warranty

Size - its a pretty huge phone but that is the trend now

X10 mini - will be getting the Price tomorrow, we dint get the stocks yet but its available :)

Size - so obvious it fits to the hand nicely :)

zeem can ya please update the x10 mini (not x10 mini pro) price when its available...

It is there in the pettha market, but affraid to go for it from there...

n kindly put a note about ur shop...

BTW guys what yo guys think about TAX reduction for Mobile Phones...

will it effect market price of mobiles ????? :angry-smiley-048:

Hey guys check this out theres a LOW BUDGET allrounder from NOKIA hit the market recently...

NOKIA C5 - not sure this reached SL yet

3g / A-GPS / WiFi / 3.5mm Audio out / Charge off USB / pretty good battery life / looks is not good though

nokiac5back.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the price will be pretty low... probably below 25k... :angry-smiley-048:

Anyone know about Nokia 5800? Heard it's an "iPhone" killer, but has been around for a while now. I have no need for something as pricey/fancy as a iPhone or HTC, (I do love the HTCs though), but the 5800s are cheap in the US now (half the price of Softlogic's quote). Moving back to SL in a couple of months, so thought to finally upgrade my 5 years old Nokia 6230i. Mixed reviews up to now, so if it sucks I'll just stick with my good old one, and upgrade when the N80 or whatever comes out.

Hey guys check this out theres a LOW BUDGET allrounder from NOKIA hit the market recently...

NOKIA C5 - not sure this reached SL yet

3g / A-GPS / WiFi / 3.5mm Audio out / Charge off USB / pretty good battery life / looks is not good though

nokiac5back.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the price will be pretty low... probably below 25k... :angry-smiley-048:

It is :) we got it 27,500 with 2 years warranty indeed a good looking decent phone :)

zeem can ya please update the x10 mini (not x10 mini pro) price when its available...

It is there in the pettha market, but affraid to go for it from there...

n kindly put a note about ur shop...

BTW guys what yo guys think about TAX reduction for Mobile Phones...

will it effect market price of mobiles ????? :angry-smiley-048:

Will definitely update you the price tonight or tomorrow :)

It is still unclear how the duty restructure is gonna affect the prices, we got to wait and see :)

I hope giving details about it wont be against Auto Lanka Rules

The Phone Zone

89, Galle Road, Mt. Lavinia

Just after you pass Templers Rd Junc

0718333333 hotline

http://www.facebook.com/thephonezone for more details

Edited by zeem35

Anyone know about Nokia 5800? Heard it's an "iPhone" killer, but has been around for a while now. I have no need for something as pricey/fancy as a iPhone or HTC, (I do love the HTCs though), but the 5800s are cheap in the US now (half the price of Softlogic's quote). Moving back to SL in a couple of months, so thought to finally upgrade my 5 years old Nokia 6230i. Mixed reviews up to now, so if it sucks I'll just stick with my good old one, and upgrade when the N80 or whatever comes out.

machannn N80 was released on 2005 or 06 and discontinued now / froget about tht...

5800 / 5800navi is good but i think the cam is not the best among 3.2mpxl...

check da price n go for a Nokia X6 or X6 16gb (might bit expensive)...

X6 Got most of the tech available in the present...

Edited by outlander

people people .... guess nowa days every thing is made in china .. though its iphone or china shit :action-smiley-060: all comes out from the same country though the levels of quality is different

and about peoples mentality you can't dance to the music what the world play or else you will surely end up dead ... trying to keep up to their expectations .... who gives a rats a$$ about what the world has to say you use what ever you feel comfy ... :angry-smiley-048:

machannn N80 was released on 2005 or 06 and discontinued now / froget about tht...

5800 / 5800navi is good but i think the cam is not the best among 3.2mpxl...

check da price n go for a Nokia X6 or X6 16gb (might bit expensive)...

X6 Got most of the tech available in the present...

Haha, my bad, looks like I must have been talking about the N8?

I donno man, X6 is a bit beyond my budget right now (no doubt looks cool) and knowing Nokia they usually bring the prices down by over $100 USD after the first year. I can get a 5800 for $230 now, whereas it was over 300 when released, and according to the Lankan Nokia dealer when I contacted them is Rs.40k, plus the girl spent 10 mins finding the price, only to tell me (after another 5 minute hold) that they are not in stock, then to tell me (after another couple mins on hold) that she has no idea when they'll be in stock...I'm also as I said looking for only basic features in the phone (checking e-mail might be cool, though), not worried about cameras and the like as I prefer to use a real cam for that. I might just hang on to my old phone then, and wait till the X6 drops in price, unless an affordable HTC hoves into view.

well.. talking about a cool phone.. i would recommend the HTC legend.. i have been using it for about a month now and to be honest i like it alot.. it has the same processor (600 MHz processor) as the 3GS but its waaaay better than the iphone.. with a crystal clear camera.. and the aluminium body makes you kinda look cool too.. ;P..

but i would recommend you the desire over the google nexus one because its the same phone with different shells as zeem mentioned..

if looks is what you want just go for the legend.. if not just go for the desire..

oh yeah here in the UK most people are so obsessed about iphone because of the applications available for that (like - ifart, ish*g, isnooze & ibooze.. all funny and useless applications with an "i" in front) if you are one of 'em who thinks iphone has alot of applications.. you have nothing to worry about 'cuz android has their application store as well which is called the "market".. you get most of the applications (same as the iphone apps) and better stuff too.. you'll definitely love the HTC with you starting playing with it..