• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Spare Parts

DarkangeL

Hey all,

Would any of you know where I can get Hyundai parts? Apart from Hyundai Lanka? My left CV joint is busted and they say that in order to fix that, they need to install the entire axle.... :huh:

They didn't get back to me on the price quote yet, but I just wanna keep my options open.

Thanks

Hey all,

Would any of you know where I can get Hyundai parts? Apart from Hyundai Lanka? My left CV joint is busted and they say that in order to fix that, they need to install the entire axle.... :huh:

They didn't get back to me on the price quote yet, but I just wanna keep my options open.

Thanks

This is how any dealer repairs CV. Usual method is to replace the entire axle. Changing CV alone is not a recommended repair by the agents. Have you try searching in Panchikawatta? Ajantha Motors ?

This is how any dealer repairs CV. Usual method is to replace the entire axle. Changing CV alone is not a recommended repair by the agents. Have you try searching in Panchikawatta? Ajantha Motors ?

Oh, I didn't know that. Haven't searched in Panchikawatte yet. I suppose that will the best bet. Will try out the place you mentioned.

Seen some adverts on the sunday times hitad offering korean spares..check the TEXT only ads.

Yeah? Will check those out.

Cheers guys :)

Any other well known/reputed places?

Theres a place which says Korean car parts close to the McCallum road round about - when your coming from Maradana onto T.B Jayah Mw (Darely Rd) & the Mc Callum Road mini round about, its on the left hand side, just passing the Film Hall - well before St. Josephs

dark angel, can i know how good hyundai vehicles are?? are they better than kia??

I got my car just a few days ago so I really can't say. But I don't think you should just compare the two brands outright, cause each vehicle from each brand has their pros and cons. Anyways a quick search on the web will show you that Hyundai is doing pretty well these days. Don't know all that much about Kia, but Hyundai partly owns it I think.

Theres a place which says Korean car parts close to the McCallum road round about - when your coming from Maradana onto T.B Jayah Mw (Darely Rd) & the Mc Callum Road mini round about, its on the left hand side, just passing the Film Hall - well before St. Josephs

Thanks man, appreciate it. :)

I got my car just a few days ago so I really can't say. But I don't think you should just compare the two brands outright, cause each vehicle from each brand has their pros and cons. Anyways a quick search on the web will show you that Hyundai is doing pretty well these days. Don't know all that much about Kia, but Hyundai partly owns it I think.

thanks pal.. because my bro is searching for a hyundai sonata or trajet, so just wanted to make sure whether they are reliable :rolleyes:

Hey all,

Thanks

DarkangeL --Ajantha has a branch @ Delkanda - i get my stuff from there - as its closest to my place. contact no 0113144680 & 0777739900 [owner]

Also Korean International - not sure where [was in my mobile] but contact no is - 0778050050

Also another place @ Polhengoda -Nishani Motors - 0112811599

Not patronised the last two.

[Peri - if the above is against forum rules -pls take it off.]

thanks pal.. because my bro is searching for a hyundai sonata or trajet, so just wanted to make sure whether they are reliable :rolleyes:

Given that many of the Trajets are running Diesel motors now (2C/s :unsure: ) , i think you last question is somewhat answered! :lol:

DarkangeL --Ajantha has a branch @ Delkanda - i get my stuff from there - as its closest to my place. contact no 0113144680 & 0777739900 [owner]

Also Korean International - not sure where [was in my mobile] but contact no is - 0778050050

Also another place @ Polhengoda -Nishani Motors - 0112811599

Not patronised the last two.

[Peri - if the above is against forum rules -pls take it off.]

Thanks for that info man, really helpful. I called the first two places, they say they want to see a sample. Which means I have to remove the CV joint on my car and take it to them..... :mellow:

Just wondering if you get your mechanical stuff done at any specific place? I'd like a good mechanic to handle my car, so would you know anyone who specializes in Hyundai vehicles?

Given that many of the Trajets are running Diesel motors now (2C/s :unsure: ) , i think you last question is somewhat answered! :lol:

is it due to reliability issues or petrol to diesel conversion or just going by the popular sort of method to gain the advantage of availability of spare parts. I know very very reliable motors elsewhere are being thrown away and putting 2C and all sort of engines due to the availability of spare parts fact rather than the reliable factor.

Thanks for that info man, really helpful. I called the first two places, they say they want to see a sample. Which means I have to remove the CV joint on my car and take it to them..... :mellow:

Just wondering if you get your mechanical stuff done at any specific place? I'd like a good mechanic to handle my car, so would you know anyone who specializes in Hyundai vehicles?

sorry for the late reply. well i dont have a place as such. but recently i replaced most of my suspension - at a place called "car vision engineering". this is in maharagama - about 300m on the piliyandala road. the guy who has put this up & a few other mechanics are former employees of Mag...... 0112851491 & 071-6560280

however in the future i might repair all at Darin's [forum member]-0777-318377 & 0112811447

sorry for the late reply. well i dont have a place as such. but recently i replaced most of my suspension - at a place called "car vision engineering". this is in maharagama - about 300m on the piliyandala road. the guy who has put this up & a few other mechanics are former employees of Mag...... 0112851491 & 071-6560280

however in the future i might repair all at Darin's [forum member]-0777-318377 & 0112811447

Ah right. Did they do a good job on your vehicle? Oh and, if you don't mind me asking, what do you drive, incidentally?

And any reason why you're choosing to do repairs at Darins?

Edited by DarkangeL

Ah right. Did they do a good job on your vehicle? Oh and, if you don't mind me asking, what do you drive, incidentally?

And any reason why you're choosing to do repairs at Darins?

Yes they did a good job. They are basically newly established, but seems to be ok with required knowledge & tools to attend to mechanical probs etc. like suspension probs, and they do alignment & painting as well. I suppose i cant complain. But i know another [close relation - the person who introduced me to this garage] who wasn't happy with the outcome of his repair - it was a diesel engine issue - however they did manage to fix it- ultimately.

Its a 2001 Accent - i just don't feel like parting with it - because of the awesome fuel economy i get from it. [comparatively speaking]

answer to 03rd part----recently i went to get the ECU tuned in the STI to Darin's workshop - and it seems his mechanics are trained abroad & also he does repairs any kind of vehicles.

All of us get hunches when we visit garages - each has personal preferences - --- so, just check these 02 places and see whether any will click for you or not at all. :)

Yes they did a good job. They are basically newly established, but seems to be ok with required knowledge & tools to attend to mechanical probs etc. like suspension probs, and they do alignment & painting as well. I suppose i cant complain. But i know another [close relation - the person who introduced me to this garage] who wasn't happy with the outcome of his repair - it was a diesel engine issue - however they did manage to fix it- ultimately.

Its a 2001 Accent - i just don't feel like parting with it - because of the awesome fuel economy i get from it. [comparatively speaking]

answer to 03rd part----recently i went to get the ECU tuned in the STI to Darin's workshop - and it seems his mechanics are trained abroad & also he does repairs any kind of vehicles.

All of us get hunches when we visit garages - each has personal preferences - --- so, just check these 02 places and see whether any will click for you or not at all. :)

That's good to know... probably will be visiting one of these places soon. Cheers dude. :D

• 11 years later...