• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Is The Ford Laser Car

shaammika5

ford laser (new Model) is my dream car.i like its shape.one of my freind is using a car.its manual one.he said it is gud with fuel consumption.

but i scared to buy it becs spare parts availabilty.is it able to buy a that one around 1.2 mn(English no).pls give your openion.thaks :rolleyes:

ford laser (new Model) is my dream car.i like its shape.one of my freind is using a car.its manual one.he said it is gud with fuel consumption.

but i scared to buy it becs spare parts availabilty.is it able to buy a that one around 1.2 mn(English no).pls give your openion.thaks :rolleyes:

It is a very good car. One of my friends used one for about 5 years (2000 model) with out any major isue. Only thing is used body parts are not freely available. Engine parts are available in many places.

Hi Shaammika, I own a Ford Laser (BJ model) It was bought brand new in 2002 (GQ series) and has been used without any major issues since. ( My aunt was the first owner )

The agents for Ford were DPMC but they have now foregone the agency, but do still service and maintain Fords.

They are a bit expensive though....but then aren't all agent :)

Overall its a good solid car. Good suspension and handling, and will go for hundreds of thousands of miles if well looked after ( as with any car)

1500cc engine, but pulls decently well. Not as good as my previous car tho (a 1600 Mazda) :D

Loads of interior space, and a boot to match a station wagon...........take it from one who has packed in luggage for two adults and two kids, their toys, plus two strollers

and other stuff for trips out of colombo. :lol: And the drives out of colombo are quite comfortable.

Parts in general are not too hard to find. Recently did up my front suspension and parts were not an issue. Wasnt too expensive either.

Shocks in the region of 9800 per peice ( Got a discount from my garage guy tho...Taz quotes 10000 odd per peice ), a stabilizer link at approx 2500 etc.

AFAIK you could get a english plate car for about 1.3 to 1.4 mill.

Mines a manual...(most brand new lasers are), but the recons are available in auto trans as well. Most of the recons are 1600cc autos.

In my opinion, its best to seek out a well used car that has been bought brand new. Dont be in a hurry..........Check history well if avaialble.

Beware of ex rentals. ( Unless youre told so upfront and you know what youre buying )

I once checked out a laser for my bro in law, which was an absolute dog to drive.........the car sale guy told me it was a friends car.....the revenue licens copy on the windscreen

gave the name of a rental company. And the best part? the milage on the meter was only 40k :rolleyes:

Anyway all the best machang..........in my opinion you cant go wrong with a ford.....provided you find a car in good nik.