• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One To Buy ? Suzuki Swift Or Honda Fit ?

kalana

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote

So the car you bought is made in India and is a manual?

no they have the japan model too.its 1.5l manual and its 35 laks :)

oh so the auto will be more expensive. Quite a sum for a small car!!!

oh so the auto will be more expensive. Quite a sum for a small car!!!

Agree. That is lot of money. That's 141, Allio territory. royalkalana mind if i ask what pursuaded you guys to go for B/N Swift instead of a unreg recon sedan???

Agree. That is lot of money. That's 141, Allio territory. royalkalana mind if i ask what pursuaded you guys to go for B/N Swift instead of a unreg recon sedan???

hey i am not going to buy a B/N one. hakjay did :)

hey i am not going to buy a B/N one. hakjay did :)

ohh it was neither of you two....

i just read the thread again.. it was 'dakrazyman20' (or his dad) who bought the swift from the agent (which i presume is the brand new car we're all talking about)... and royalkalana only quoted the price of a new one at the agent.

:)

So xXx's question should aimed at him...

Edited by Dilesh

ohh it was neither of you two....

i just read the thread again.. it was 'dakrazyman20' (or his dad) who bought the swift from the agent (which i presume is the brand new car we're all talking about)... and royalkalana only quoted the price of a new one at the agent.

:)

So xXx's question should aimed at him...

oooh my bad.. i messed up names :D

You are correct Dili. Anyway who ever bought the car it's up to him to answer, no pressure.

I can understand paying that kind of money to buy an euro hatch because they come with some funky bells and whistles plus the bragging rights for 'I don't drive a tom, dick, harry car' does worth something. But IMPO to buy a jap spec swift for that money!!! Only major advantage I can think of is the trouble free motoring theory. But then again you can get a recon 09 swift with only 20-30k on the clock easily for under 3mil.

There must be a valid logical reason behind going after a B/N I just can’t put my finger into it hence the question. Is A*W providing financing facilities with attractive interest rates????

Roylanka you said on Jun 28 2010, 04:14 PM that you bought the swift!!!. I did not buy any car

hey i am really sorry hakjay.I have mistaken names.what i meant by "settled" is now i am going to buy a swift.as you can see, i was thinking about honda fit too.sorry for the trouble mate :)

what do you reckon is 141 territory?

X-Grade can vary anywhere from 3.5 - 4mil. (YOM, condition, milage all play a part) If you are lucky you may be able to find a 'last bracket' 07 one with 70-80k on the clock for little less.

G will be good 200 - 400k more.

It really is hard to quote prices because prices in japan is not stable. Importers are fiercly comepting against each other at auctions and no one want to loose out. Cars in good condition and cars in the maximum age limit fetch high prices.

Has any of you boys done the car sale rounds yet???? By mid to end of July there will be plenty of options to choose from.

hey i am really sorry hakjay.I have mistaken names.what i meant by "settled" is now i am going to buy a swift.as you can see, i was thinking about honda fit too.sorry for the trouble mate :)

No worries. I owned a ZC11 Black (2004). Nice and easy drive. Let us know when u buy it.

X-Grade can vary anywhere from 3.5 - 4mil. (YOM, condition, milage all play a part) If you are lucky you may be able to find a 'last bracket' 07 one with 70-80k on the clock for little less.

G will be good 200 - 400k more.

It really is hard to quote prices because prices in japan is not stable. Importers are fiercly comepting against each other at auctions and no one want to loose out. Cars in good condition and cars in the maximum age limit fetch high prices.

Has any of you boys done the car sale rounds yet???? By mid to end of July there will be plenty of options to choose from.

i called toyota lanka today and found out b/n corolla is available in 2 trims. lower grade for 5.625 mil, higher ones for 6.2 mil. there is no axio being brought down by toyota lanka for 4 mil as some member had boldly claimed in some thread.

as far as used ones are concerned, i got quite a few people who were willing to bring down an axio X grade (but auction grade 5) for around 3.7 mil but the best deal i got from was the same dealer who promised an axela for a very generous amount. i later changed my order to an axio instead of an axela and he still quoted an amazing price (lot less than 3.7 quoted by others). but i like to wait until we get the car to our hands to believe that amzing price even though the dealer is a close family friend and sold cars to us in the past too for generous amounts.

Edited by isurujosh

i called toyota lanka today and found out b/n corolla is available in 2 trims. lower grade for 5.625 mil, higher ones for 6.2 mil. there is no axio being brought down by toyota lanka for 4 mil as some member had boldly claimed in some thread.

as far as used ones are concerned, i got quite a few people who were willing to bring down an axio X grade (but auction grade 5) for around 3.7 mil but the best deal i got from was the same dealer who promised an axela for a very generous amount. i later changed my order to an axio instead of an axela and he still quoted an amazing price (lot less than 3.7 quoted by others). but i like to wait until we get the car to our hands to believe that amzing price even though the dealer is a close family friend and sold cars to us in the past too for generous amounts.

3.7mil sounds about right. If you are getting it bellow that grab it with both hands. what's the YOM?

No worries. I owned a ZC11 Black (2004). Nice and easy drive. Let us know when u buy it.

yeah sure. we are going to import the car through a vehicle importer who is a friend of my father.he is going to japan next week so i think it will take some time...

guys,

a new 1.2l engine is going to replace 1.3l engine and there is lots of comments that its better.. new engine has less bhp(only 3) and more torque.

so i guess that it will give better FC. ideas please :)

+1 & its a lovely & lively drive as well :)

Should be able to import a recon Swift Sport for 2.1-2.2 Mn

May be a tad OT, but since we are talking about the fit here, why not think of the Sedan version, which is the Aria / City?

Cmes with the same wheelbase, to my knowledge.... I've been in one, and it's got a lot of space thanks to the position of petrol tank, etc...

the dash and wheel gives somewhat of a civic feel...

and I heard the unreg prices of the 1.5L auto (Not triptronic) are around 2.6 - 2.7Mn under new scheme...

just a thought... this may be the best sedan for a reasonable budget..

May be a tad OT, but since we are talking about the fit here, why not think of the Sedan version, which is the Aria / City?

Cmes with the same wheelbase, to my knowledge.... I've been in one, and it's got a lot of space thanks to the position of petrol tank, etc...

and I heard the unreg prices of the 1.5L auto (Not triptronic) are around 2.6 - 2.7Mn under new scheme...

2.5 is out of my budget :( :( .... but yeah thats a nice car.. :)

Any ideas about 1.2l and 1.3l ? and i heard that the engine in new 2010 swift will be the 1.2l k serious engine.so i guess that 1.2 is good.

i have to decide soon and tell the decision to importer.so i need to hear from experts.. :)

early 2008. auction grade 4. bdw what are the differences among grade 4, 4.5 and 5?

It is mainly cosmentic nothing much to worry about. Nothing a good cut and polish job won't take care of. Post some pics when you get the new car

Bingo very good point. If 1L Belta does do well on fuel as they say, it'll still be the trump card, but i have my doubts (about the reported consumption figures). If not Fit Aria is defiantly a good bang for the buck