• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One To Buy ? Suzuki Swift Or Honda Fit ?

kalana

Hi guys,

My family has planned to import a car from japan because vehicles are cheaper comparing before days.

So we were talking which one to buy and which are under our budget and finally i came up with 2 cars.

Suzuki swift and Honda fit.

So i want you guy's ideas about these vehicles.. which one is better... fuel efficiency,comfortability,performance,spare parts etc.......

And swift has 2 engines 1.3 & 1.5.. which one is better if i have to go with the swift ?

Thank you.. :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go for the swift ZC11 with 1.5 cc mainly cause its a a very good drive. I was using a 1.3cc automatic and it was a pleasure to drive, how ever fuel econ was not as good compared to my Honda EK3 vti.

I will go for the swift ZC11 with 1.5 cc mainly cause its a a very good drive. I was using a 1.3cc automatic and it was a pleasure to drive, how ever fuel econ was not as good compared to my Honda EK3 vti.

yeah.. i like the swift :) .. what about the fuel economy of 1.3l swift ?

and i heard that honda spare parts are expensive than suzuki

yeah.. i like the swift :) .. what about the fuel economy of 1.3l swift ?

and i heard that honda spare parts are expensive than suzuki

I used to get about 8k/ltr in Colombo, in the 1.3 cc ZC11

I used to get about 8k/ltr in Colombo, in the 1.3 cc ZC11

ooooh i thought 1.3l will do better than that.. i heard that it will do 14-15 urban.. is that correct ?

then what will i get if i bought 1.5l ? less than 8km/lt ? :(

I think u shud go fer a suzuki swift as well. The 1.5ltr is a better choice as it does better on petrol than the 1.3ltr coz it doesnt have to push as hard to get upto speed.

Plus its designation is ZC21s as opposed to the 1.3 ZC11s.

My family bought a brand new 1.5 swift from the agents, just came down on Monday waitin to pick it up next week.

I have been goin thru the monster catalog to see what i can add on to it :rolleyes: Autobacs here i come.

I think u shud go fer a suzuki swift as well. The 1.5ltr is a better choice as it does better on petrol than the 1.3ltr coz it doesnt have to push as hard to get upto speed.

Plus its designation is ZC21s as opposed to the 1.3 ZC11s.

My family bought a brand new 1.5 swift from the agents, just came down on Monday waitin to pick it up next week.

I have been goin thru the monster catalog to see what i can add on to it :rolleyes: Autobacs here i come.

wooow thats cool :) we are going to import a one from japan.so it will take some time :(

we are havin our eyes set on a honda fit. will the fuel economy be worse or better in the 1.3L version?

I got to know that Honda Fit" is very comfortable & good on fuel.

But "Japanese" swift is good too. Nice ride but not sure about fuel Economy.

Indian brand new manual (1 300) works around 13 in urban/ rural mix.

Edited by Uditha88

I can confirm that Honada FIT is a very good car, very good handling, very comfortanle and spacious.

Fuel consumption is good too.

I had one a couple of years ago

what about the spare parts ? i heard that honda parts are expensive than suzuki ? is that tight ?

I can confirm that Honada FIT is a very good car, very good handling, very comfortanle and spacious.

Fuel consumption is good too.

I had one a couple of years ago

can you give some numbers about fuel efficiency please ? :)

what about the spare parts ? i heard that honda parts are expensive than suzuki ? is that tight ?

Well I did not have it for more than 2 years and did not have any repairs. So I have no idea about the cost of parts. I did services at agents (Stafford).

If you go for the CVT-7 version make it a point to change oil at recommended intervals. Or the auto transmission can fail easily.

Edited by Sri-Lak

can you give some numbers about fuel efficiency please ? :)

Mine had a trip computer which indicated average fuel consumption. So I always kept an eye on fuel consumption. I experimented a lot with it.

Long term(over period of months) average was between 14-16km/l .

In short term(single trip) I even had 23km/l e.g. from Negombo to Colombo at night.

But note that I did not drive much in colombo traffic jams. It was mostly from Nugegoda to suburbs.

The trick of fuel economy, I would say, is the driving style. What my experiments revealed was it is the maintenence of CONSTANT SPEED that matters. (and Keep foot away from accelarator as much as possible to maintain this speed)

Plus neither too high speed nor too low speed.

The moment you change the speed fuel consumption goes high.

To experiment with this set the trip computer to zero and try different driving styles. When you start with the trip computer at zero you can easily see how instantaneous speed change(=current driving style) affects average fuel consumption.

Also start once in a big traffic jam and see how it shows 1-2km/l consumption. A lot of fun ;)

Needless to say over the long run avearge consumption stabilises and you don't see the effect of instant(current) driving style on the trip computer .

Edited by Sri-Lak

Mine had a trip computer which indicated average fuel consumption. So I always kept an eye on fuel consumption. I experimented a lot with it.

Long term(over period of months) average was between 14-16km/l .

In short term(single trip) I even had 23km/l e.g. from Negombo to Colombo at night.

But note that I did not drive much in colombo traffic jams. It was mostly from Nugegoda to suburbs.

The trick of fuel economy, I would say, is the driving style. What my experiments revealed was it is the maintenence of CONSTANT SPEED that matters. (and Keep foot away from accelarator as much as possible to maintain this speed)

Plus neither too high speed nor too low speed.

The moment you change the speed fuel consumption goes high.

To experiment with this set the trip computer to zero and try different driving styles. When you start with the trip computer at zero you can easily see how instantaneous speed change(=current driving style) affects average fuel consumption.

Also start once in a big traffic jam and see how it shows 1-2km/l consumption. A lot of fun ;)

Needless to say over the long run avearge consumption stabilises and you don't see the effect of instant(current) driving style on the trip computer .

thanks :) this is very helpful... and guys.. anyone knows about toyota vitz ? any experiences with vitz ?

honda parts are generally more expensive. 2nd hand parts are quite scarce and therefore more expensive.

I haven't compared much prices with other brands. These are the two costs that I had so far for EK3

Speedometer sensor - Rs.7900 (Genuine, brand new)

Air Filter - around Rs.4000 from stafford genuine part. around rs.2000 outside.

honda parts are generally more expensive. 2nd hand parts are quite scarce and therefore more expensive.

hey thanks.. i just wanted to get an idea.. :)

i have found that honda fit has better FC than swift. so i am srill thinking which one to buy..