• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Car To Buy Fb15 N16 Or Carina

fayas

honda city automatic returned 16.5 km/L running outstation. the very same car returned 9.5km/L during rush hour traffic. if Harshana's boss drives a mix of traffic and normal cruising during his full 550km then achieving 11km/L is believable however 11km/L in rush hour colombo traffic alone is not believable. as i said my best friend's AT212 returned 7.5-8 km/L in pure rush hour traffic alone. now it's not like my friend doesn't know how to keep the car in good nick.

It's not entirely rush hour traffic and office located in Rajagiriya, so it's usual traffic on Nawala road and 120 route.

no idea about the 1.8L Si mate. as for N16 prices... my friend finally sold his 2003 A*W certified n16 (manual) for 18.25 (after initally been promised a 18/60). that price i think is significantly cheaper than a carina in a similar state.

I don't think 1.8 does better on fuel than 1.5 let alone pulling power and driving pleasure and options in SI (1.8). There are carinas starting from 1.45 mil. However a decent 1997 re face lifted TI myroad can be bought for similar price considering Toyota's are absurdly overpriced. As for N16 prices, was this 18.25 mil for a super saloon 1.5 automatic? if so it's a good price considering the late YOM.

I don't think 1.8 does better on fuel than 1.5 let alone pulling power and driving pleasure and options in SI (1.8). There are carinas starting from 1.45 mil. However a decent 1997 re face lifted TI myroad can be bought for similar price considering Toyota's are absurdly overpriced. As for N16 prices, was this 18.25 mil for a super saloon 1.5 automatic? if so it's a good price considering the late YOM.

it's an A*W certified 2003 YOM manual transmission super saloon 1.5L. the guy who bought it from him was going for a full loan and his valuer had refused to value it a penny more than 18!!! :o

so as I thought when the mentioned CARINA owner (my boss) told me the figures. I almost confronted (within my limits of course) saying it's impossible for an autobox despite his driving style. But for each fill-up he gets about 550 kms easily and it calculates to a 11 kmpl easily. I'm very much confident about it and even ready to accept a challenge of proving coz I did that myself and failed.

wait a min bro.. Carina's tanking capacity has to be 60litres IMHO. according to your above calculation it shows that u have been taken 50litres. if u calculate taking 60litres as the tanking capacity then it gives a figure of 9.2kmpl, that maybe possible for a TI(correct me if im wrong bro :) )

Not unlikely machan, the carina is a heavy car and the 1.5 may have a tough time hauling it around. Case in point: the 406 D9, the 2.0L models on average do about 9 KM/l in town with the manual box. We had a 1.8 Manual (kept well tuned) and the best that ever did in town was 7.4!

there are possibilities since Carina is fairly a heavy car & 1.8l gives the car a better power to weight ratio

wait a min bro.. Carina's tanking capacity has to be 60litres IMHO. according to your above calculation it shows that u have been taken 50litres. if u calculate taking 60litres as the tanking capacity then it gives a figure of 9.2kmpl, that maybe possible for a TI(correct me if im wrong bro :) )

Most people fill their tank when the Fuel gauge shows empty. In most cars, empty is indicated when there are about 8-10 liters left in the tank to leave a margin. So although the capacity is 60L, 50 is probably the actual amount of petrol that is used/subsequently pumped.

:) yeah if he runs till the tank gets empty. But I've been there on couple of occasions he fills up and averages at 50. Point to ponder is he only pumps extra premium.

Not unlikely machan, the carina is a heavy car and the 1.5 may have a tough time hauling it around. Case in point: the 406 D9, the 2.0L models on average do about 9 KM/l in town with the manual box. We had a 1.8 Manual (kept well tuned) and the best that ever did in town was 7.4!

Yeah, could be, didn't have a chance to closely inspect a SI and it's fuel consumption so it was entirely a wild guess. Any SI owner/user to shed a light on fuel consumption?

it's an A*W certified 2003 YOM manual transmission super saloon 1.5L. the guy who bought it from him was going for a full loan and his valuer had refused to value it a penny more than 18!!! :o

I'm sure this is the N16 with revised lights and e-throttle being referred as N17 here in local market. Further, valuers afraid of manual vehicles now because FSV(forced sale value) of a manual is lesser than an auto due to the difference in demand. When this valuation was done? if it was after tax lifting then it's quite possible because all valuers reduced their pricing by 20% across the board.

Further, when there was crazy market prices around, valuers didn't go by that market price.

I know of an incident where NZT240 allion was selling at 4.0 mil mark and valuers didn't value a penny more than 3.4 mil

I'm sure this is the N16 with revised lights and e-throttle being referred as N17 here in local market. Further, valuers afraid of manual vehicles now because FSV(forced sale value) of a manual is lesser than an auto due to the difference in demand. When this valuation was done? if it was after tax lifting then it's quite possible because all valuers reduced their pricing by 20% across the board.

Further, when there was crazy market prices around, valuers didn't go by that market price.

I know of an incident where NZT240 allion was selling at 4.0 mil mark and valuers didn't value a penny more than 3.4 mil

this aint got the new light. valuation was done yesterday.

:) yeah if he runs till the tank gets empty. But I've been there on couple of occasions he fills up and averages at 50. Point to ponder is he only pumps extra premium.

lol if its extra premium then it will work 11kmpl :)

this aint got the new light. valuation was done yesterday.

Quite possible, valuers think that giving the lowest possible price will increase their KPI's :)

we both started pumping xtra premium despite the little price difference between that and 90. However, I gave up coz there were no mileage gain for me and not every station had it.

i have this fishy feeling that xtra premium makes my cefi do better on fuel. but i don't really care as i always pump xtra premim whenever i find it coz itz only 4 bucks more than regular.

Edited by isurujosh

I'm not aware why somebody jumped into the conclusion that I was referring to city driving. And the last thing I want to do is show off! I don't see the gain of showing off.

And I don't expect any better fuel economy!

These figures are for outstations. In heavy traffic it might be around 8 km/l or even less. ( It's an A/T. )

Carina's fuel tank capacity is 60l. Even when the fuel indicator is below the bottom marker, and the fuel indicator lights up you can only pump around 50l.

no idea about the 1.8L Si mate. as for N16 prices... my friend finally sold his 2003 A*W certified n16 (manual) for 18.25 (after initally been promised a 18/60). that price i think is significantly cheaper than a carina in a similar state.

Yep mate. Its true.... Its very cheap considering the Carina prices. But I donno about Carina prices after tax revision...Does anyone have any idea about Ti and Si prices after tax revision?

Yep mate. Its true.... Its very cheap considering the Carina prices. But I donno about Carina prices after tax revision...Does anyone have any idea about Ti and Si prices after tax revision?

i dont thik prices have reduced much, especially of well looked after examples.