• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda City 2008

TURBOMAN

Hi guys

I saw the new Honda city 2008 model in India.What a nice looking car it is.it costs only Rs 900000/= in Indian rupees.

If anybody know how to import that vehicle from India,Please tell me the details.

what will be the price like when it comes to srilanka

Guys i really need your opinion

just calculate and see, i think 900k Indian rupees is equal to almost 2.7million Sri Lankan rupees, so when u pay duty it could cost u around 4.5 million right???? (correct me if im wrong) rather than buying an Indian city i would buy a brand new Japanese city from here for 4.8million. again correct me if im wrong :)

hi

thanks for reply

but 900k means around 2.1mil in our currency i think

and added 115% tax =Rs 2415000+agent handling 3lks =2.7 mil

That is the calculation i think whichs correct

the shipping also law cost i suppose

Please correct me if im wrong

hi

thanks for reply

but 900k means around 2.1mil in our currency i think

and added 115% tax =Rs 2415000+agent handling 3lks =2.7 mil

That is the calculation i think whichs correct

the shipping also law cost i suppose

Please correct me if im wrong

add the tax to the cost of the vehicle

• 2 years later...

a good car + it's a 2 year old thread + cost almost 7 millions .

Seriously bro!! It was somewhere around 5 million last year. The price is pretty close to the 2012 Honda Civic 1.6L now then.

Still Civics are comming from Japan to my knowledge.

see stafford advertisements in newspapers, some they specifically say "Manufactured in japan".

While in some cases they aren't , which i can't think of anything other than india.

Edited by chan5

I went to stafford late last year when i was hunting for a car. Civic, city and accord they had on display was definitely made in india. The monkeys there claimed civic was 'assembled in india using japanese parts'. But a lot of so-called japanese parts had 'indian standards institute' logo on them. When I pointed that out and asked them 'is japanese quality so bad these days that they have to comply to Indian standards?', they had no answer.

The CRV they had, was made in japan though.

Edited by Crosswind

Even the FD4 variants they were giving for the permits some time back were assembled in Thailand if i am not mistaken.

The Civic FD4 / FD 1 is assembled in Pakistan as well, and cost around 2.1Mn PKR B/new. I drove one for abt 05 weeks which was b/new 2011, but the cabin noise and suspension were horrible. The FD4s at home were 1000 times better.

saw an advertisement on local newspaper , was something 6.2 million + vat.

Brand new,

The price of a 2012 Honda City is 5.8 million (price inclusive of vat). But i'm not quite sure whether its coming from Thailand or India.