• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jeep Wrangler Question

jdnet

Hey guys,

I bought a 2003 Jeep wrangler (right hand drive) in the U.S a few months ago. Got a good deal and was hoping to bring it down here not that I will be moving back here for good. I have a question as to maintanence though. I go through a lot of parts while off roading so I was wondering if D*MO has spare parts for the wrangler in stock or are there any other importers here? I haven't seen a single later model wrangler on the roads here though. Although i've seen quite a few grand cherokees (I wish my grand cherokee was right hand drive).

Hey guys,

I bought a 2003 Jeep wrangler (right hand drive) in the U.S a few months ago. Got a good deal and was hoping to bring it down here not that I will be moving back here for good. I have a question as to maintanence though. I go through a lot of parts while off roading so I was wondering if D*MO has spare parts for the wrangler in stock or are there any other importers here? I haven't seen a single later model wrangler on the roads here though. Although i've seen quite a few grand cherokees (I wish my grand cherokee was right hand drive).

The wrangler was sold here as part of the jeep lineup, but because it isnt all that practical there weren't a lot of takers but there are about 5 to 10 late models running about. D*MO does maintain the wranglers so i assume they have quick access to parts though transit times will apply. Unfortunately there is no other importer for Jeep parts that I know of, Been looking for one myself as Dimos prices are rather extortionate. Changed the rear brake pads on the GC last week and it set me back 22 grand!

Changed the rear brake pads on the GC last week and it set me back 22 grand!

things like that...can't you order online and get it shipped???

chances are...it will be a helluva lot cheaper

things like that...can't you order online and get it shipped???

chances are...it will be a helluva lot cheaper

Yeah, seriously considering doing that now.... Mopar parts really aren't that expensive (they are made by the million after all..), Its the getting down process that tacks on cost, and once you figure in the D*MO margin... heh heh.

Yeah, seriously considering doing that now.... Mopar parts really aren't that expensive (they are made by the million after all..), Its the getting down process that tacks on cost, and once you figure in the D*MO margin... heh heh.

Actually mopar pads and rotors are really expensive in the U.S. If you know someone down there you can ask him to purchase and ship you some pads from a place like napa (napaonline.com). The last time I changed the front pads on my Jeep GC it cost me $50, or course the price was for the aftermarket pads, I installed them myself. Napa is pretty good when it somes to quality and generally matches OEM quality.

If you are looking for originals I would try contacting moparpartsamerica.com. They have the best prices for original parts, you might be able to get them shipped here.