• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 307

D-Devil

Hi Experts,

I'm planning to buy a Peugeot 307 (YOM-2002) 1600c hatchback. Its a manual gear car which has done 80K+ kilometers.

The seller is asking for 1.6 mil. is it worth the buy?? or shall I bargain a bit more? And this is my first car and I do not want to make any mistakes.

Please advice me guys.

Thank in advance.

Hi Experts,

I'm planning to buy a Peugeot 307 (YOM-2002) 1600c hatchback. Its a manual gear car which has done 80K+ kilometers.

The seller is asking for 1.6 mil. is it worth the buy?? or shall I bargain a bit more? And this is my first car and I do not want to make any mistakes.

Please advice me guys.

Thank in advance.

Any reason to buy a Peugeot as your first car.? Not that it is a bad car.

Any reason to buy a Peugeot as your first car.? Not that it is a bad car.

No specific reasons, but I just love it looks. Actually I was looking for Honda fits, but they are way over my budget of 1.5mil...

Thanks for responding mate.

Hi Experts,

Please advice me guys.

Thank in advance.

what's the number series? You won't be able to bargain more if this is a well maintained specimen. Check specifically for maintenance records and 80k isn't much for a Peugeot. Try to bargain if the seller is ok with it and you won't loose anything by bargaining. There are few known issues for this model such as ignition coil pack and fuel pump tend to give up for no reason and electronic PAS pump too is bit dodgy. Apart from that it has loads of features for that price. You can either take a trustworthy mechanic who knows european stuff or take it to agents and get a full check up done. I'm not recommending the second option knowing the undercutting deals they do. However that'll add something to your confident factor.

what's the number series? You won't be able to bargain more if this is a well maintained specimen. Check specifically for maintenance records and 80k isn't much for a Peugeot. Try to bargain if the seller is ok with it and you won't loose anything by bargaining. There are few known issues for this model such as ignition coil pack and fuel pump tend to give up for no reason and electronic PAS pump too is bit dodgy. Apart from that it has loads of features for that price. You can either take a trustworthy mechanic who knows european stuff or take it to agents and get a full check up done. I'm not recommending the second option knowing the undercutting deals they do. However that'll add something to your confident factor.

Thanks a lot 'harshansenadhir' for the detailed information . Will update after I check out the car.

Can i just add here that as a first car the peugeot 307 is probably NOT the best choice that one can make, especially an 8 year old one! In addition to the issues that harshan mentioned, The car is prone to random failures of electrics (windows, mirrors etc) and also the suspension isn't as robust and well suited to SL roads as that of older peugeots (like the 406 for example). I knw this because a friend of the family bought a 2005 (or was it 2006) model brand new and had a fair amount of trouble from it. That was their first peugeot and needless to say they wont be buying another!

For 1.6 million you will be definitely able to get a good 406, if you get one in good shape it will be a MUCH nicer car!

I feel I must add again though as your first car, if your major priorities are hassle free transportation from A to B and as little maintainence requirement as possible, then a Peugeot is definitely not the best choice.

Can i just add here that as a first car the peugeot 307 is probably NOT the best choice that one can make, especially an 8 year old one! In addition to the issues that harshan mentioned, The car is prone to random failures of electrics (windows, mirrors etc) and also the suspension isn't as robust and well suited to SL roads as that of older peugeots (like the 406 for example). I knw this because a friend of the family bought a 2005 (or was it 2006) model brand new and had a fair amount of trouble from it. That was their first peugeot and needless to say they wont be buying another!

For 1.6 million you will be definitely able to get a good 406, if you get one in good shape it will be a MUCH nicer car!

I feel I must add again though as your first car, if your major priorities are hassle free transportation from A to B and as little maintainence requirement as possible, then a Peugeot is definitely not the best choice.

agree with s_n on 406 being a better choice over 307 despite new electrics and loads of options than of a 406. But tend to disagree on first car opinion, that hurts :P

Btw s_n , sent a pm. ;)

agree with s_n on 406 being a better choice over 307 despite new electrics and loads of options than of a 406. But tend to disagree on first car opinion, that hurts :P

Btw s_n , sent a pm. ;)

In all fairness machan, the 504 is a much better option as a first car lol. But I generally tell people that if they are looking at a peugeot, they have to have at least some small degree of mechanical knowledge/inclination as well as an ability to not get annoyed when a sudden random issue happens.

Its because of all the bargain hunters who buy cheaper euros and then skimp on fixing them that there are so many hacked examples of passats, A4s 406's and the like around. It ends up giving all the cars a bad rep.

• 3 weeks later...
even though a 307 is very well maintained, we get those issues that you have mentioned??????????????

factory defects has nothing to do with maintenance. Unless otherwise owner had changed all prone to fail parts replaced which is highly unlikely. I'm not saying all these issues will pop up in every 307 but educating what it's notorious for. Having said that, if sl had a better dealer who provide replacement for factory defects such as al4 gear box issue and famous com unit issue, these issues could've neglected.