• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Disconnecting The Battery Frequently

MasterDon

Question

I'm having to borrow the battery of my honda(1.5 Vtec EFI) to start another car these days...,this means disconnecting and reconnecting the battery regularly,sometimes as much as twice a day.

I'd like to know if this is harmful to the car and would I be better off just leaving the car without a battery for about two weeks?

thank you.

This I got from the WEB Q/A.

My car is running rough, but the diagnostics show no fault, what can I do?

Try pulling the ECU fuse. Remove it for at least 90 seconds. The ECU will then “forget” its previous settings and will “train up” for approximately 4 kilometres before it essentially back to “Normal”. (Actually, the ECU is “learning/training” all the time, based on the LAMBDA (oxygen) sensor and the pre-detonation detector, amongst other things.) If this doesn’t improve the roughness, you will need to diagnose the problem in more detail.

Check your spark plug leads.

There may be a fault with your fuel pump.

You could have a faulty ignition coil.